Roommate

SIX but ONE

Hyuk sit on the couch and looking up at everyone at the living room. They are standing and staring at him like he just commits sins. That familiar face who greets him when he woke up earlier doesn’t look like he pleased. Hyuk still remember clearly the guy who he meets at his school’s toilet last 3 months ago. Never in his dream, that he thoughts to meet him and to the worst, they are housemate by now.

“What is your name?” Hakyeon start to ask when he feel like the atmosphere at the living room is kinda cold.

“Han Sanghyuk..” Hyuk answer him with lower voice.

“Your name sound so cute. Just like you” Hakyeon chuckled.

“How old are you?” This time, it’s Jaehwan turn to ask since he’s been so quiet for long time.

Hyuk hesitate to answer it. He try his best to scanning all the 5 faces in front of him. Seems like they are all older than him eventhough they look young. Honestly, he hate the fact that he might be the youngest among them. Being the youngest means that they going to bully him. He bit his lips.

“Sanghyuk-shi..how old are you..?” Jaehwan repeated the question.

“17..”

That sudden voice who isn’t belong to Hyuk makes everyone turn their head to the same direction. Hongbin crossed his arm and lean on the wall while his eyes still fixed at Hyuk. His face obviously doesn’t seem please.

“He’s 17 years old..” He answers it again with clear voice.

“Did you know him?” Wonshik who were standing beside him, asked.

Hongbin groan and let out sighed. He knows the world is small, but he never thought it is this small until he need to meet that rebel kid again.

“By the way, I don’t want to share the room with him.” He stated his decision.

“Did you think I want to? Never” Hyuk suddenly get up from his sit and look at Hongbin.

“Err, guys…Calm down..” Hakyeon who is little bit taken aback with the sudden tense atmosphere step up.

He knows something already happen between these 2 kids before which is means it is not good. He turned his head to Taekwoon who is standing still beside him without even give any reaction or even voice out anything. Taekwoon look at him then he blink his eyes and he nodded. The only thing he always did everytime Hakyeon asking for his help.

“It’s late now, boys. I think you guys should sleep. Hongbin, can you consider about this? He’s our new housemate. Give him some time to adjusting his life here. Besides, you don’t have roommate..” Hakyeon pleads.

“It’s okay. I can sleep here tonight..” Hyuk speak up.

“Outside? You mean on this couch?” Hakyeon rounded his eyes.

Hyuk nodded. He rather sleeping outside the room eventhough he knows its cold. Better than he sleep with that hyung who hates him damn much, so do him.

“No..no..I won’t let you sleep here..It’s cold and lots of mosquito too. For tonight, you will sleep in my room and I will sleep with Hongbin..” Hakyeon voice out his suggestion and that’s the only thing he can do right now.

Taekwoon lie down on his bed and covering his body with blanket while Hyuk is hesitantly sat on Hakyeon’s bed. He did succeed to avoid sleeping with Hongbin eventhough it just for tonight, thanks to Hakyeon. Just about he want to lie down, Taekwoon cough for little bit gaining his attention.

“If you want to stay longer here, don’t be selfish..On top of that, respect us..We are older than you though..”

Taekwoon soft voice but stern shook Hyuk. He finally speaks up after being quiet since they introduced each other earlier. Hyuk doesn’t know that this hyung literally scared him to the point he can feel his heart beat faster after they exchanging eye contact. Taekwoon turn off the table lamp and the whole room becomes dark leaving Hyuk who is still blinking his eyes.

:

Its early morning when Hakyeon voice waking them up echoed through the dorm. Taekwoon already at the kitchen preparing for breakfast. He’s always in charge of the cooking eventhough he doesn’t volunteer himself.

“The manager calls me that we don’t have to come for practice today. But they want us to clean our dorm. They will come to check it during noon..” Hakyeon informing the members about today’s activities.

They are having breakfast as 6 members for the first time after Hyuk joining their team yesterday. It’s not like they can call it ‘team’ or ‘group’ as they aren’t even debuting yet, but they tend to call it that way as Hakyeon said it can make them feel closer.

“Before we start cleaning the dorm, I wanted to say something…” Hakyeon speak up after he makes sure that everyone already finishing their food.

“As Sanghyuk joining us, we are complete as 6 members in this dorm. Means that, we are friends despite the age. I wanted us to respect and trust each other eventhough we aren’t sure of how long we can stay here.” He took deep breath after that.

Then he continued. “We are all bound with Jellyfish contract. We are Jellyfish trainee. Everytime we have monthly evaluation, I hope we can help each other. Remember that we aren’t the only trainee exist in this company. There are tons of them out there, we are competing to showed our skills just to make sure we can debut as a singers.”

“I really hope we can debut as 6 members in one group. I hope so.”

The other members nodding and smile to him showing that they understand him.

“Hongbin and Sanghyuk. I don’t know how you guys know each other neither I know what is your problem, but I hope this won’t effecting our relationship..”

“If you don’t want to be Hongbin’s roommate, I can exchange room with you” Hakyeon look at Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk a little bit taken aback with the suggestion. Suddenly, he remember what is happening last night with Taekwoon. Honestly, he doesn’t want to be Taekwoon roommate. That hyung seems scary.

“I don’t want..”

Taekwoon soft voice protesting makes everyone turned to him. Hakyeon rounded his eyes trying to seek explanation.

“I don’t want to share room with new members. It’s enough with you, Hakyeon..”

Hakyeon smile upon hearing that as he doesn’t expect Taekwoon would blatantly say that. He then turned his head to Jaehwan and Wonshik who looks confused.

“What?” Jaehwan asked.

“I do think that I want to put Sanghyuk in your room, but then one of you needs to step out. I mean, moved to Hongbin room..?” Hakyeon wiggled his brows.

“Yes..Let me be the one. Wonshik can share the room with Sanghyuk. Hahaha..” Jaehwan laugh. He is volunteering himself.

“Eh, but why hyung? You hate me?” Wonshik whining beside him.

“NO!.. It just that I can’t stand your snore..oh my god, you should hear your own snore, Kim Wonshik. Its loud and disturbing. I can’t sleep with that sound..I lost my precious sleep time for 2 months already thanks to you” Jaehwan defense.

Jaehwan’s word makes everyone laughing so hard except Wonshik who looks so devastated with that fact. He pouts.