Kim Wonshik

SIX but ONE

- Soft hearten Pastry Chef-  

He rest on the bed after the dinner with the family. Sometimes he let out sigh, and then he frown his brows thinking something. He rolls on the bed to the left and to the right. He groan.

“What should I do tomorrow?  Do I need to close it or not?” He mumbles.

“If I open it tomorrow, who’s going to serve the drinks? I can’t even make a cup of tea. Who’s going to be my barista then?” He let out sighed.

He get up from the bed and goes straight to the desk placed opposite of the bed. He sit on the chair and switch on the laptop trying to find some peace by writing a song. The door suddenly got knock and there his sister peek at the door.

“Oppa” She smiles and approach.

“What is it? Judging by your smile, I can feel that you have something to ask me” Wonshik look at her.

“A favor…Help me please” she begging with her cute voice making Wonshik melting.

“What do you want? Money? Or new phone? New shoes?”

“This..” she handed a CD that looks like new.

Wonshik make a face asking for explanation.

“Actually, my teacher gives this demo last week and asking us to write the lyrics. But I have sit around 4 hours , I got nothing. I can’t even think 1 sentence.” She explains.

“Then?” Wonshik ask.

“Can you help me to write the lyrics? She want this by tomorrow.. I know you can do it since you’re genius in music” she wiggles her brows.

Wonshik nodded understand it. But then he shakes his head.

“I won’t help you”

“But why?”

“I won’t help you if you still hanging out with those boys..” Wonshik turn his head facing his laptop ignoring her.

“Why did you always mention about this? How many times did I told you that we just play around. It’s not like we doing something illegal” She yells.

“But I don’t like it. I hate to see you going around and cling with those boys. They look like thugs. What if they did something bad to you?” Wonshik get up from his sit and facing his little sister.

“Oppa, if you didn’t want to help me, that’s fine. But if you keep interfere with my life, I won’t be tolerate with it. Just forget it…” She walks away leaving him but stop at the door when he calls her name.

“Kim Jiwon. I haven’t finish yet…Listen to me, I give you this last warning; don’t go anywhere after school ended tomorrow. Wait for me and I will pick you up”

Wonshik sound serious but he had to. He loves his little sister more than himself. He can’t stand to see Jiwon hanging out and playing around with those so called her school mates which is bunch of naughty guys in his eyes.

“You know what, oppa? I hate you”

Jiwon last words cut deep through his heart. Wonshik tear up. Just because he wants to protect her, she just simply decline it and hating on him.

 :

He smiles looking at his pastry. It looks nice and neat. Of course it will be delicious to eat. That’s what attracts the customers to visit his cafe because they said his pastry is the best in this town. The bells ring on the door startled him. Quickly he leave his kitchen and goes towards the front. His eyes caught a guy with hair down and wearing a red t-shirt with jeans looking neat staring at him.

“Excuse me.. Is this D'France Pastry?” The guy asked.

“Err yes it is..”

“Thank God.. I heard you find new barista is it?”

Wonshik looks at the advertisement paper on the guy hand.  Heremember that he went around town last week to put the advertisement looking for new barista. Can’t believe that actually there’s someone interested with it. He smiles and nodded.

“Yes..Yes, I am..Hello, I am Kim Wonshik. “ He insist the handshake.

The guy smile widely till his half shape moon eyes shown. “I’m Lee Jaehwan. You can call me Jaehwan.”

They talks for a while and getting to know each other real fast. This guy named Jaehwan is a year older than Wonshik but he looks young and handsome. Also, he talk much. That’s what Wonshik thought but he doesn’t mind because this could make them less awkward. He actually decided to just hired Jaehwan as he already have experience and certificate to be a barista.  

“I think we have met before” Wonshik look deeply into Jaehwan face.

“Eh? Really? Where? I didn’t notice you before” Jaehwan rounded his eyes.

“Did you remember that time you were yelling in front of the Moonlight Café? I saw you..” Wonshik chuckle.

Jaehwan rubs his head and laugh. “I remember it. Its you that were staring at me that time. Oh, I’m sorry for my rudeness last time”

“Nah, forget it hyung. I’m okay..But I think you shouldn’t get mad again because you look funny”

They both laugh echoing the whole café that doesn’t have any customer yet. Yes, they already did become close in just 1 day. Wonshik realized that he is already gain a new friend and also a hyung that he always dreams of.