Moonbyul (pt I)

class of 2017

»»---¤---««

Moonbyul couldn't help but stare. 

She was an ethereal beauty; a one of a kind yet she wasn't even aware of it.

"You're drooling again." 

Wheein's abrupt entrance drew Moonbyul back into reality, she scowled, "I'm not drooling."

"As much as I have enjoyed watching you pine over her these last two years, I think it's finally time you talk to her." Wheein said as she helped herself to some of Moonbyul's french fries which resulted in the blonde slapping her hand away.

"We have talked." She pointed out

"Saying 'Bless you' after she sneezes does not count, Moonbyul." 

"Oh."

Wheein let out a long sigh, as she watched the girl in question sit down with her friends two tables down from theirs. It was about time Moonbyul did something about that little crush of hers, she thought to herself. Whilst concocting various different scenarios in which Moonbyul would end up having a proper conversation with the girl, Wheein found her gaze falling onto the girl's friend instead. Something was troubling her; it was written all over her face. Yet what irritated Wheein the most was that none of her friends seemed to notice as the both of them chatted away animatedly, presumably about what they had gotten up to over summer. Wheein chewed on her bottom lip as she watched the girl pick at her food with her fork and occasionally giving a smile here and there as a sign that she was listening to the conversation but in reality, she was thinking about something completely different. 

"What're you staring at?"

Wheein snapped her head back quickly as if she been caught doing something she shouldn't have been doing, "N-nothing." 

"Did you hear a word I was saying?" Moonbyul asked with a groan

Wheein shook her head with a sheepish grin.

"Long story short, this is our last year together."

Wheein nodded.

"Right - so we have to make this year memorable." Moonbyul said.

"Anything in mind?"

"Well for me, I'm going to finally talk to her." She answered proudly.

"That's great!" Wheein said earnestly, "When?"

"On graduation day." 

Wheein face palmed, "Oh Jesus Christ, Moonbyul."

She frowned, "What?"

"Are you serious?" Wheein leaned back on her chair, crossing her arms across her chest which Moonbyul took as a sign that she was definitely not impressed with her way of thinking. Moonbyul shifted uncomfortably on her seat at the non existent laser beams that were being emitted from her best friend's eyes. 

"So, should I talk to her the day before spring break?" She asked meekly.

"No, you talk to her now."

Moonbyul spluttered, "Now? As in now?"

Wheein smiled and nodded towards their table, "Now."

The blonde shook her head several times in protest, "No. I'm not ready."

"You've had more than two years of practice, you are ready my young padawan." 

"Stop it." Moonbyul snapped, "This isn't funny."

"C'mon what's the worst that can happen?"

"She could smile at me."

Wheein narrowed her eyes, "How's that a bad thing?"

"Her smile is my weakness; my kryptonite." 

Wheein buried her face in her arms in second hand embarassment, "Oh my God."

 

»»---¤---««

In the end Moonbyul did not talk to her, much to Wheein's disappointment. However, Moonbyul had assured her that she would definitely talk to her by the end of the month. But for now, Moonbyul was content in admiring her from afar. 

 

Yongsun tried her best to ignore her but to be honest, the girl's staring was starting to irritate her. She had noticed her staring since lunch and even now during Biology, she had not once looked away. What the hell was this girl's problem?

"What's wrong?" Irene whispered, noticing her friend's frown.

"That girl over there."

Irene's eyes flickered towards the girl that Yongsun had subtly pointed out. Their eyes met, the girl blushed before looking away.

"What about her?"

Yongsun rolled her eyes, "She won't stop staring at me."

"But she's not."

"What're you talking about? Of course she is- " Yongsun turned, only to find the girl flicking through her textbook and jotting down answers. Yongsun gaped, "I swear she was staring at me for ages!"

"Stop imagining things, Yongsun." Irene laughed.