Sana POV

Falling in love, again [Updated]

I was moving my stuff into my new dorm for the year. I had heard I would be rooming with a transfer student this year - not that I minded, of course. I just hoped the transfer student would be kind and understanding, or just wouldn't be that mean. As I opened the door, I see the one person I thought I would never see again - Chou Tzuyu.

---Flashback---
It was during high school. Tzuyu had been the bully - constantly tormenting Sana throughout the years. Playing pranks, dissing her, spreading rumours, the whole package. Sana cried often because of her. She felt depressed, alone, with no one to support her, after all everyone was scared of Tzuyu. She was taller than most and would fight if needed to be, and she had a black belt in karate. Poor Sana spent her high school years in constant sadness, and it was only after she graduated (with fantastic grades, I might add), that she became much much happier. And now she was seeing Tzuyu, again.

"You." I growled.
m
 "Yes, me." The tension in the room was growing at an exponential rate.

"All right, I'll start. I'm really sorry for the way I treated you in high school, Sana. I know it will be very hard, maybe even impossible for you, but I hope that you can forgive me." she said, and bowed 90 degrees to me.

Wait what? Chou Tzuyu, apologising to me? And bowing, even. Well, not that I care.

"You made my life a living hell in high school, and now you come and ask for forgiveness? That's dumb, even for you, pabo." I cursed at her in return. Not sparing a second glance at her, I dragged my stuff into my side of the room and quickly started unpacking.  "This is my side, and that is your side. Just leave me alone, okay?" I said, still determined to not look at her. It took me a good half hour to get everything unpacked, and as I grabbed my purse to leave the room for lunch, I saw a startling sight.

Tzuyu was still bowing, 90 degrees, and in the exact same spot she was in 30 minutes ago.

"Tzuyu? Umm... what are you doing?" I asked. Had she really been bowing for the past 30 minutes for me?

"Please accept my apology, Sana. I know how mean I was in high school, but please please PLEASE, forgive me?"

WOW. Tzuyu sure had changed... unless this was some elaborate prank, of course. It did seem a little too weird to be a prank, but still, this was Tzuyu we were talking about. "Too little, too late, Tzuyu. Don't talk to me ever again." I said as I stormed out the door.

Dear diary, 

This is the first night me and Tzuyu are rooming together and she has been quietly sobbing all night long. I don't know what to think. She was so mean to me during high school, and now she is like a completely different person! For starters, when I got back from lunch, she was still bowing 90 degrees. It has been what, 2 hours since she started? And she was still bowing! I quickly told her to stop for fear her back would suffer some serious problems, and she obliged. When she stood up, she smiled at me so cheerfully.... Then, during dinnertime, she asked whether I would like for her to get takeaway for me, and I told her to F*** off. She burst out crying and ran out the door, only to return an hour later with food for me and none for herself. And now she's crying and I think I'm the reason why. I really don't know what to make of this girl... Argh, I'm so confused!

-Sana

I lie in bed, unable to sleep due to Tzuyu's constant bawling next to me. Don't feel guilty Sana, remember how she treated you in high school? You can't ever sympathise with that girl EVER, her heart is made of ice cold rocks, plus, she probably eats girls like you for breakfast! I mean, look at how tall she is, with her long smooth flowing hair, and puppy eyes... NO SANA NO!!! DON'T GO TO THE DARK SIDE!!! Argh her crying is so annoying too.....

Tzuyu continued crying in bed for the next 4 days, but she was always extra nice to me during the day. She also tried to make it seem like she wasn't crying during the night - she would apply make up to hide the puffiness and act extra perky in the morning. But she wasn't bluffing Minatozaki Sana, super sleuth. I'm like the best detective in my dorm right now (Even though its just the two of us) and I see through you Chou Tzuyu! A McDonald's breakfast always awaited me in the mornings as well, courtesy of Tzuyu.  Gosh, I really don't understand this girl. What should I do? Should I even do something? I mean, she was so mean to me in high school... but that was in the past, and this is the present,  right? 

On the fifth night, Tzuyu was crying again, and it was getting worse with each passing night. I finally decided to take some action -  it really broke my heart to see her cry like this...

I quietly crossed over to Tzuyu's bed, snuggled in, and hugged her. Pulling Tzuyu's head into my chest, I embraced her and her hair lovingly. I didn't say I would forgive her, I wasn't ready, not yet. But I hoped that she would stop crying. I could feel Tzuyu stiffen in my embrace. Then, she relaxed and snuggled into me. And that was how we slept for the next week or so. Our behaviour in the day didn't change in the slightest bit - I would still ignore her, but Tzuyu seemed a lot happier than before.

On the eighth day, I decide to test her. Okay, so maybe its a bit mean to test her after just one week, but I wanted to see how she would react. So, on the eighth night, I didn't cross over to her bed to cuddle her. Instead, I remained in my own bed and pretended to sleep, keeping one eye open to see what was happening.

Tzuyu started tossing and turning in her bed. Has she noticed I'm not there with her? Man, I'm starting to miss her warm body around mine already... she is so cuddly and squishy and GOSH I just want to cuddle her now... Oh wait wait, she's getting up. Okay, she's coming here... CRAP

When she kneels next to my bed, I can literally feel Tzuyu's intense gaze fixate on mine. Her pretty eyes, smooth skin, and goddess features seem a million times better when bathe under the soft moonlit glow of the full moon. I think... I think I've fallen for Tzuyu.

And now Tzuyu draws even closer to me, I can feel her breath on my neck, her warmth on my skin... EEEP I CAN'T LOOK

"Sana, I love you"

My eyes pop open. "What did you say?" I ask Tzuyu incredulously. "Um.. I... It was nothing. Sorry for disturbing your sleep, Sana" I can see Tzuyu blushing profusely through the moonlight. Is she embarrassed? HAHA! What a cutie she is! "Stop. I'll ask you again. What did you say?" I ask in a really serious tone, trying to play hard-to-get. I'm dying inside though, my crush likes me and I'm just teasing her like a real bad. Payback for high school, Tzuyu!

"I.. I said I like you, PABO!" Tzuyu suddenly shouted and dashed back to her bed, pulling her blankets over her and retreating her head inside like a cute turtle. Pity Nayeon's the squirtle, Tzuyu would make a fantastic squirtle too. Okay, enough teasing Sana, it's now or never!

And so I cross over to her bed, gently pull her blankets back, and lovingly lean down to kiss her forehead.

"I love you too, Chewy"

The way her eyes light up - I think I'm falling in love all over again.

 

A/N: My second fanfic! Please comment your thoughts!