Tonight

Crimson Dreams

"You failed." Alistair said that night as he drank the blood of a mortal girl.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

Jiro saw me. He was in shock. Traumatized, Feared for his life. I couldn't bring myself to devour him. I was in panick and I was scared. I couldn't just leave him because he saw me and I couldn't eat him because...something in me didn't want to eat him.

For the first time in 100 years, Alistair stepped into the sunlight. At vampire speed, he teleported into the car and grabbed Jiro's face, looking into his eyes, erasing the memory as if it was just a dream. Alistair haven't used his powers in so long. He refused human contact. He always summoned his bats to fetch him a human body. Immediately after Jiro passed out, Alistait bit me. From the exhaustion; from the light exposure; from saving me. And I willingly offered him myself and fetched him a human girl afterward.

I touched the marks from Alistair's fangs. I was still bleeding. This won't heal, Alistair told me. A Pureblood on Pureblood contact won't ever disappear because that is the marking of a mate. It will forever be a mark on me.

"At this rate, Hyeri, you're going to die." Alistair said.

"I know." I told him.

"I can help you kill him."

"No," I refused. "I don't want you to risk yourself for me again. Leo wants my head right now. I can't afford to let him know I also have a real Pureblooded vampire living with me and helped me plan his brother's death."

"I can help you and we can move away from here where Leo can never find you." Alistair said. I glanced at him. "Let's do it tonight. I'll help you tonight. I'll help you turn into a vampire tonight."

Tonight.

Alistair wants to marry me. That's why it has to be tonight for our bet to be valid.

I nodded his way.