Chapter 1

Love & Talks

 

 

  Rain droplets can be heard along with the ruffles of the wind and the sound of children playing with the pile of snow that fills the     streets. 

 

Jinwoo walks having a big smile on his face and giving it to whoever passes by. He really loves Winter and how this season especially brings him warmth and comfortable feelings. He loves how the snow flakes tickle his nose and how the smell of rain always brings him joy and happiness. 

 

It's another day in Jinwoo's life, where he goes out and gives an ear to anyone who is ready to talk. He literally listens to everyone who is up to start a real talk with him whether it was about how their day passed or what hards hips they are facing or even talk about their likings and interests. You would be confused about how he gets these amount of people to talk about their own life with him, but Kim Jinwoo owns one of the biggest pages on Facebook that is managed by one of his closes friends, and literally goes by the name 'Happiness Maker' even though Jinwoo protested and whined about that name a lot but, really though, is that a lie. That page did not get attention from day One to day Twenty to day Fourty. It really took so long for Jinwoo to prove to people that he really is ready to give all ears to them. He lived his life with the love of helping anyone he finds upset or having any kind of problems. He started with his tiny family til he grew up with that passion about helping any stranger on his way. Jinwoo began to post events that contained the location and places he is going to with lots of promises that nothing is gonna be recorded or filmed, and it worked. He began to get a lot of people interested about his events and lots of people actually going to them. He got people who were nervous then turned absolutely comfortable with him without any worries. His page grew and so did the amount of people coming to him with time. Since then, Jinwoo became really popular and began to move from place to place because he could not only goes to places in the town he is living in.

 

Jinwoo walks til he reaches his first destination of the day and that is where he starts his first event. The Lee's Cafe. He was not the one who chose hat place actually, and it was the girl he is going to meet. He actually loves that place a lot because one of friends works there plus the fact that i is really comfortable does not surprise him with the amount of people coming there.

 

His meet up today is with a Nineteen-year-old girl. His first impression of her was that she is really stunning and really had an angelic look that he wondered why would someone like this get life problems. 

 

"Sorry for being late!," Jinwoo hears a voice coming closer and he looks to see a cute young girl smiling cheerfully and waving at him. 

 

"It's nothing Mia-ah, please sit down," He fives her one of his friendliest smiles ever to make her feel comfortable. 

 

"Oh! you even ordered coffee for me~ a wondeful human being indeed! all my friends talk about you and how handsome you really are now a days, you know," Jinwoo flusters and smiles awkwardly at her. He does not really know how to deal with compliments at all. 

 

"A-ah you're already making me shy and we just met!," he pretends to be upset and she laughs lightly before he continues, "you can speak whenever you feel comfortable~"

 

Five to Ten to Fifteen minutes pass with no one talking at all. Jinwoo actually understands because it is not really easy to come open your heart to a total stranger after all. He plays with his fingers and purses his lips at how silent the table is before Mia suddenly decides to talk. But what he hears next is the last thing he wanted to hear. A sob.

 

He immediately looks up to Mia and sees her sad eyes that were blooming with happiness a few minutes ago filled with tears that were threatening to fall any time. 

 

"Am i not pretty enough?," She asks suddenly and Jinwo is shocked that he only stares. He sees how hurt she looked, how vulnerable and weak she seemed at that exact moment. 

 

"Am i not pretty enough like those girls? all they do is going to clubs and putting a ridiculous amount of makeup just to please pathetic boys that they do not even know!" She says bitterly like she is about to cry, before she continues, "but should i really be like them just to please the only i truly love? he does not even look at me the same way i do, he is just like all of them. All he cares about is partying with girls at clubs and that is all! but me? who even am i to him? absolutely nothing," She finally explodes and all the tears that were trying to be held back, fall. 

 

Jinwoo only listens. 

 

"We have been friends for so long, if you are wondering," She says betting her sniffles. "I know him so well and I have loved him ever since the first time we met, and it is really getting very tiring now Jinwoo-ah," She lowers her head and starts wiping her tears that were falling uncontrollably. 

 

Jinwoo looks at her and shakes his head immediately, "Why can you not leave him though?," he says like it is the easiest thing to do on earth, "Listen Mia, from what you told me, he obviously does not deserve someone like you. You probably gave him so many chances til now and he keeps messing everything up. You deserve better,"  Jinwoo gets all serious suddenly that Mia looks at him surprisingly before she lets out a small laugh. 

 

"Leave him? leaving him is the last thing that can come to my mind," She continues after seeing a confused Jinwoo infront of her. "my family and his had a promise long time ago that we are going to get married when we are 'independent adults' you know, pathetic rich families thing. But youwanna know something?  I was really happy when they made that promise, but now?" she smiles bitterly, "I do not even know what happiness is."

 

Silence fills the table for at least a good ten minutes with Jinwoo just staring at Mia and her looking down trying to hold her tears again. Jinwoo thinks about this man she is talking about and how selfish he really seems for making her feel like this. He can not help but think of what he could do to that person if he was infront of him right now. Jinwoo has always been afraid of getting into relationships, afraid of getting hurt like before. 

 

"Look Mia, I may not know this person personally but all i know now is that he is an ," She laughs shaking her head, but keeps listening. "You don't ever need to look down yourself like that for someone like him Mia, I think you are a brave young lady who owns a pure soul and that deserves so much happiness. Mia you are much better than him, but all you need to do is to give your self a chance to prove it. Prove that you will be feeling much better without him," the seriousness in his voice still makes Mia look at him strangely, but admiringly. "I'm not telling you to leave him, but you definitely need to be away from him for like at least a week, see if he is gonna really check on you or not, see if he even cares about you being in his life or not, what do you think?" 

 

Mia could not help but smile widely and hold Jinwoo's hands that were resting on the table tightly, making him surprised. "You really think so? You think I'm a good person?" Jinwoo does not know what to do so he just nods quickly before she continues, "Ahh! I appreciate that so much! I really really loved talking with you Jinwoo-ah!" 

 

Wasn't this girl crying like minutes ago?

 

Jinwoo is about to reply when he gets cut again, "But her Jinwoo c-can I ask you for a favor?" 

 

"Sure? i guess, uh go ahead" Jinwoo doesn't reallt know what is going on right now. 

 

Mia suddenly takes out a tiny paper and writes something on it then gives it to the confused-still Jinwoo.

 

"Here you go!," Jinwoo looks at the paper to see a phone number and a name wriiten on it.

 

"What is this?" He asks before Mia cheerfully stands up to speak fast to him before she takes her leave. "It's his name on Facebook! A-and that is his number too! Please contact him and make him come to your events in any way possible, I trust you Jinqoo-ah b-bye!" 

 

"W-wait,"

 

Well, . 

 

Jinwoo sighs andruffles his hair before looking at the tiny paper on his hand.

 

Lee Seunghoon, huh.