Prologue

Snow Blossoms
Please log in to read the full chapter

I. Prologue

 

 

It was winter, when the vibrant blue sky faded to a milky white. The ground was covered in a thick blanket of snow. The smell of coal burned hotly in the frosty air. A man clad in elegant blue robes stood outside the room. His hand reached out to catch the snow, feeling the burn of the iciness, numbing his hand. 

    "Your highness, the room should heat up soon. It would be better if you come in. You could get sick," suggested a servant, bowing. 

    "Young Ho-ah, you can drop the formalties with me. We've known each other since we're kids. You know I don't care for things like these," the male turned around to face his old friend. "Besides,don't you think the blossom trees look beautiful covered in snow?"

    "Not as beautiful as it is in the spring," Young Ho replied. 

    "True. But time seems to freeze during the winter. Sometimes I feel like nothing's changed, yet I know that it's has. Greatly. Irrevocably," Ten murmured. 

    "The time of year is the same. The place is the same. The scenery is the same. Yet the people...have all changed. Are you still thinking about him?" 

    "Always. I wonder how he's doing...all alone. By himself. Being trapped in like that must be painful. He didn't like being caged in. He was always so free, so brave--"

    "Reckless too. I remember those days when you guys would sneak out of the palace to play, dragging me with you," commented Young

Please log in to read the full chapter