Chapter 1

Where I Belong

Your POV

    It was 1 a.m and here I am still studying for my exam tomorrrow. Not to brag or anything, but when it comes to studying, I'm quite confident about myself. It was one of the thing that I never bothered too much, cause I just love studying. If I didn't have any home work, I'd just study new chapters that our teachers didn't teach yet, or I just read books or maybe do some revision. Yeah, you can say I'm a nerd. Nerd and proud! And another thing I really like are computers. My friends says I'm a computer genius for a 14 years old girl. Yeah, I know, I'm kinda different from any girl my age. When they all busy gossiping and went shopping, I was just busy learning python, java,java sript and C++ language. One time, I accidentally repaired one of the malfunctioning computer at our school.

     It was the day of our first IT lesson. I was a little late. I rushed to the computer lab and sat ant the last row, in a corner. Others were busy with their computers. I started to turn it on and a blue screen appeared with letters and symbols that may seems ridiculous to others, but I knew straight away what was wrong with it. " Oh Mira-ya, that computer has been malfunctioning for weeks, you can sit somewhere else", Mr.Park, our IT teacher suddenly came up behind me, I really didn't notice it as I was too busy with the coding. I typed away on the keyboard , not really paying attention to Mr. Park. For a good five minutes, I try to correct the errors on it. "Ya, ya what are you doing?", Mr. Park interrupted my focus. "Nothing, just trying to see what's wrong with it" when I'm done, I rebooted the computer, and it was okay again. Mr. Park was stunned and from that day on I was quite popular among the teachers and other students as a computer prodigy. Proud? Hah, you tell me! Who wouldn't be proud? When there was any problems with the computers, the teacher would come to me.Some students even came to me and ask me to hack the school system to steal examination answers, but I never did that. Come on, I'm a genius, I can think of a way out of difficult situations. I'm invincible, plus I'm kinda the teachers pet. 

  A tap on my window brings me back to reality. I left my study table and went to the window. There, I saw him, Nam Woo Hyun with his backpack hung on his right shoulder wearing a white shirt and a black jeans. He waved when he saw me looking out the window and flashed me his killer smile. I opened the sliding door and went out to the balcony. " Oppa, what are you doing here?"  I half yelled to him, trying not to make too much noise.

"To see you of course" the smiled cutely. I smiled. "You know I have exam tomorrow right?" "Oww, come on, my girl is a genius. She didn't need studying" he tilted his head cutely. Oh my god, don't do this to me. "Your girl? Who is she again?" I crinkled my eyebrow making a confused face. " Yah, Kim Mi Ra, come here! Ppalli! " I laughed at his frowning face. " Arasso, arasso. wait a sec" I went in and closed the sliding door.

   He was leaning against the gate, palying his phone when I came. He looked up from his phone and stuffed it into his pocket. He took my hand and kissed my cheek. I blushed. "Omoo, she's blushing" He teased me. "Yah, stop it!" I hit his arm with my free hand. He chuckled softly and intertwined our fingers."Come on, I have something to tell you" he pulled me with him towards the left. He was telling me about his day. I just watched him and smile. I was really happy I get to see him. I rarely saw him these days. He was really busy since he was accepted as a trainee at Woollim Entertainment. He always try to make time to come see me and his family. Well, we're neighbours. I always had a crush on him, and a few months ago, he confessed to me. I was really speechless because it was just too unbelieveable. Although sometimes I had my insecurities, as I felt like I was too young for him. He might meet someone who's the same age as him, and prettier than me when he finally become an idol. Maybe he sensed my insecurities and he always assure me that it would never happen.

     "Yah, do you hear me?" his voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Ohh..umm what?" I blinked and looked at him. He smiled "Are you worrying about the exam? What are you thinking?" he looked at me concerned. I smiled cutely at him "Nothing. I'm just happy to see you. Why didn't you tell me that you're coming back today?" "It's a surprise." We arrived at the playground nearby and we sat on our usual place. "So? What is it? What you're gonna tell me?" I looked at him. He adjusted his sitting position and faced me. "I'm finally gonna be an idol! I'm going to debut soon" he exclaimed excitedly. "Really?" I looked at him in disbelief. He nodded excitedly. I hugged him "Congratulations oppa! I'm really proud of you. I knew you can do it" I broke away from the hug and  smiled fondly at him. "Thanks for always supporting me" he kissed my cheeks. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your POV   

        The school bell rang, indicating the end of school for the day. I walked home happily. The examination result was just announced, as always I was the top of my year. On my way home, I stopped by my favourite cafe to buy my favourite strawberry shortcake. Come on, I nailed my exam again, I need to give myself a little treat. I ordered a slice of strawberry shortcake and milk tea. I sat a the corner of the cafe and ate the cake happily. I checked my phone to see if Woohyun oppa text me. Suddenly, someone placed a slice of cake and a drink in front of me. I looked up and fix my spectacles."Oppa! Geez, you always popped out of nowhere these days" I pouted. He chuckled and pinched my cheeks. "Don't do that, show me the cute smile" he tilted his head. I giggled and smiled. "Hmm, I'm guessing you got top results again?" "Bingo!" I smiled brightly. He just chuckled softly and started eating his cake. 

        We went to the counter to pay. I was just looking looking around. "Mira-ya" someone called me. I look around and saw my classmate, Ji Hoon. "Oh Ji Hoon-ah , anyeonghaseyo." I smiled. "Congrats on the exam. We should study together sometimes. You know, you could teach me maths. I'm not quite good at it" He smiled sheepishly while rubbing the back of his next. "Oh really? I thought your marks are good" I smile. "Not as good as yours though" he said. "Hey sweetie, who's this?" Woohyun oppa came to my side and put his hand protectively around me and practically glare at Ji Hoon. I smiled knowing that he's always jealous when I'm around any boys. He knows that I'm quite popular at school. "Oh oppa, this is my classmate, Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon this is Woohyun oppa my...." "Boyfriend " he cut me and glared at Ji Hoon. "Oh..anyeonghaseyo. I'm going now. See you at school Mira-ya" Ji Hoon waved at me and walked away. "Yah oppa, why do you scare him away like that?" I crossed my arms. He frowned " He's trying to make a move on my girl. Can't you see? I don't thinnk you should see him at school. I laughed. "You're really cute when you're jealous. And by the way, he's my lab partner" I laughed and walked away. "Yah" he chased after me.

      That day, we spent time with each other. We walked around, went to the park and we had dinner at his house. I always loved having dinner there, since my parent are quite busy running their bussiness, sometimes, I was home alone. And today is one of those days. But, nevertheless, I know my parents are trying to make my life better. I had so much fun with him and his parents. They always treat me like a daughter.

      Woohyun oppa escorted me home. Before I went in, he stopped me. "Mira-ya" "Hmm?" I just hummed, indicating that I'm listening. "I'm going to debut soon, I'm not sure when I can come back again and spend time with you like today. But, promise me you'll wait okay?" I nodded, not knowing waht to say. He took my hand and took something out of his pocket. It was a charm bracelet. He put it around my wrist. Then, he fished something out of his pocket again. Its a little key. I noticed a charm in the shape of a lock on my bracelet. "Here, now, no one can take off this bracelet except me" I smiled fondly at him. I examined the bracelet. "It's so pretty oppa. gomawo" I smiled. He put the key on a chain, and wore it around his neck. I smiled. "I put my initials on one of the charms and yours on this key. Now, that Ji Hoon bastard will always remember that you're mine." He pouted. "Yah, don't call him bastard" I hit his arms. He frowned. I hugged him. "Gomawo oppa. I know you're gonna be busy. But at least text me or call me when you have time. Don't forget me when you meet other beautiful girls out there.Even if you found someone better, tell me okay? Don't leave me hanging" I sobbed burying my face in his chest. He lift my face gently facing him. "Hey don't say something like that okay? It will never happen. I promise" He wiped away my tears. I smiled. I hope it's true.