Three

Always Online ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sergeant Lee, a phone call for you!" a corporal under his charge barges into the room and interupts the solemn meeting. He bows his head in apology and excuses himself from the meeting despite the disapproving looks from his superiors. He knew it had to be important judging from how anxious his subordinate acted.

"Hello?" he takes the phone, and almost immediately hears his best friend's worried voice, "Hey, I've got some bad news for you..."

The repetitive beep signalled the end of the phone call, yet, he can only stare numbly at the phone, having trouble digesting the terrible news he just heard. 

"..Sergeant Lee?" his subordinate asks in concern, "Are you alright?"

He shakes his head. "Tell Lieutenant Kim I will not be back for a while, and they can continue without me." Without waiting for a reply, he stumbles out of the room.

"..that day, the legendary Sergeant Lee who was known for his remarkable record, failed his first and last mission." Soo Beom exclaims, waving his arms animatedly at the sighs of pity from the circle of crowd who had gathered to listen to his story.

"Last mission?" someone amongst the crowd cries, "Did he die?"

"No no no." Soo Beom wags a disapproving finger, "He did not die. However, he was not in his best condition, and in order to save the hostage, he was shot from behind and injured critically. But, that was not all. It turns out that there was a traitor within the team. He turned against Sergeant Lee and the rest at the very last minute, and their vehicle plunged into a steep valley."

Loud gasps and even sobs start to come from some overly engrossed female officers. "What happened next?!"

"Sadly, only Sergeant Lee himself survived. However.." Soo Beom takes a mysterious pause, glancing at the anxious faces of the crowd, "..however, it seemed his injuries were really serious since once he was discharged from the hospital, he disappeared from the Army Special Forces and was never again seen in ChunCheon Military Base."

Just as the crowd suffering from mixed responses wanted to ask more, Donghae appears from nowhere with a dark face, "Are you being paid to story tell, Park Soo Beom? Have you gone through all the CCTV footage for the Gangnam murder case?" At his obvious displeasure, the crowd dissipated in a blink of an eye.

Donghae takes one look at the Crime Investigations team and frowns, "Soo Beom, have you seen the new guy?"

Soo Beom gapes at him. "What new guy? We have a new guy?!"

Seeing his subordinate's dumbfounded face, Donghae curses under his breath. . Surely, that newbie's not still waiting for him at the front entrance is he? How dumb must he be to do that? Even so, Donghae quickens his footsteps towards the front entrance.

True enough, he sees the newbie sitting by the steps right where he left him. The pale face and pespiration all over the newbie's forehead points out to Donghae that he did actually sit under that bloody hot sun all these while and got himself so dehydrated. Donghae has no idea why that made him so angry to the extent of wanting to hurl profanities at this and shake some sense into this thickhead.

He marches up to the newbie and lifts him by his collar, "Are you p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter