Chapter 9

My Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


"Yo man, what's up? Why are you in a sullen mood Kwang Soo?" Jong Kook asked him.

 


Their first period teacher is absent so they were still waiting for further announcements.

 

Kwang Soo is sitting quietly on his chair when Joong Kook, who sits beside him, notice his unusually silent mood.

 

"Nothing. I just had a lot to think about." He definitely has a lot on his mind.

 

"Yaa Kwang Soo, I can't believe how serious you are today. Anyway, what happened last weekend? Did Ji Hyo stay until last night?"

 

"Uhm no. She went home yesterday afternoon." He answered distractedly.

 

 


Jong Kook stop asking him questions after that. He knows he is curious to his mood and the reason for it but he can't just explain it to Jong Kook. He can't even explain it to himself why he is being so unlike himself.

 

He could feel the other Running Man making furtive glances at him but he just ignored them.

 


He suddenly heard a hearty laugh which for the first time today has caught his attention. He knew that laugh. He heard it often and love hearing it all the time.

 

He gaze at Ji Hyo and really looked at her seriously. She was laughing at whatever Dong Wook was telling her. He loves how she laugh, so carefree and with wild abandon.

 

If it were any other day, he would really be annoyed at her for laughing so happily at Dong Wook but his mind is somewhere else.

 

 


He could still remember that Saturday night. How she slept in his arms comfortably. And how her presence made him so sleepy. He even dreamt of her that night.

 

They were at the beach and he was chasing her. It felt good when hugging her as soon as he caught her. Then they both were just lying on the sand still with his arms around her. He felt contented and at peace then he woke up disoriented, realizing it was just a dream.


Ji Hyo wasn't in his room when he woke up. But he could still smell her on his bed and it made him smile.

 

If he were being honest with himself, he knew he likes being near her. He loves the way she smells and he felt really happy knowing they were together that night.


He was humming as he stretched himself having slept for a long time. It was almost noon so he took a shower before having his brunch.


He was still in a good mood when he went to the kitchen to eat when he saw Ji Hyo and Joong Ki talking in the veranda. He made his way to join them when he saw Joong Ki held her face.

 

He was rooted at the spot, not knowing whether to distract or just leave them. It felt like he was intruding to a very private conversation between the two.

 

He watched them secretly for a few moments before deciding to just get some juice and bread in the kitchen then head to his room once again.


While eating, he can't help replaying the moment he witnessed. He knows he should be happy that Joong Ki likes Ji Hyo and seems to have started pursuing her but deep inside him, buried so deeply he almost didn't realized it at once, he really wasn't. Knowing they could be together by now was like a bitter pill that was hard to swallow.

 

 

"What the..." He felt a drop of water in his hand and realize it was his tears. He was crying and he didn't know why. He only felt a deep sadness inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter