Magic

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m confused” Kyuhyun said as he stares at Victoria who playfully freezes and unfreezes her pen—she loves to show off her powers, she loves to tell everyone that her whole family has some sort of magic powers—luckily, nobody in their school knows that Kyuhyun is her nephew.

“Why?”

“All of my classmates were so into this thing called ‘love’. Even there’s a girl who said that she love me” he said. “They said it makes them really really happy, but there are also someone who cries because of that. They said that love really hurts. I mean, what kind of stuff made you happy but also can make you really sad?”

“Oh” Victoria said, not really paying attention.

“Hey, Song Qian!”

“Call me Noona!”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at her. “I’m supposed to call you auntie, actually”

“I’m just two years older than you”

“But you’re my mom’s sister, that made you my aunt” Kyuhyun said. “Now, explain”

Victoria sighs. “I don’t know how to explain this” she said. “But Kyuhyun, you’re cursed”

Kyuhyun laughs. “If you’re talking about my useless time turning power, then you don’t need to explain” he said.

“No. Right after your parents find out that your mom is pregnant, your father’s ex, a witch named Stephanie showed up” Victoria said.

“So there’s a witch and curses in real life huh?”

“Yeah. Just like how magic exist  in real life” Victoria said. “Stephanie got mad at your father. Your father left her for your mom. So she made a curse, that is, their one and only child—who happens to be you, can never feel love unless for their family”

“Excuse me, but that’s not my fault that my father left that Stephanie girl for my mom” Kyuhyun said. “Besides, how am I supposed to believe you?”

“Ask your mom” Victoria said. “She cried all night long because of that curse”

“So I can never fall in love?”

“You can, actually” Victoria said. “The curse can be erased if you can make a girl who can change into anything fell head over heels for you”

“Any easier way? I don’t even know what is love and I don’t even know anyone who has that kind of weird powers outside our family”

Victoria shook her head. “Then you need to find her. Stephanie won’t make you deflect that curse easily for sure”

“Can I just turn back the time and stop her from saying that curse?”

Victoria stopped freezing her pen and stares at him. “Are you stupid? That curse happened even before you were born. Even if you turn back the time, you won’t be able to stop her because you don’t exist back then” she said. “Besides, that means you have to repeat the next 16 years of your life”

Kyuhyun sighs. “So I need to find that girl?”

Victoria nods as she made a snowflake using her power. “Fighting, my dear nephew” she said.

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes at her. “Whatever. Break time will end in 5 minutes, I better go now” he said as he left Victoria’s classroom.

Victoria chuckles as she stares at the window. A cat was sitting on top of a tree branch. “How cute” she mumbles.


~~~***~~~


Joongki sighs as he stares at the cat on top of the tree branch. “What are you waiting for? He already left” he said.

The cat jumps down and turns herself into a human in a blink of an eye just as Joongki catches her. Jae In smiles at her brother. “Thanks” she said.

Joongki rolls his eyes at her. “You know what, Jae In? I think you’re the true definition of stupid” he said. “You know you can’t love him, then why are you keeps on stalking him like this?”

Jae In knows it. Her grandmother keeps on reminding her about that.

About how she’s only allowed to love one man in her life, and that man is the owner of the rare power, time turning, or else, that love won’t last long, and she’s going to be hurt.
And of course, Kyuhyun doesn’t have those kind of weird power, right?.

“I know” Jae In said. “But you also know how rare the time turning power is. So I think it’s okay to play a bit”

Joongki sighs. “Why time turning?” He asks. “No one I know has that power”

They got their powers from their grandmother. Joongki has a teleport power, while Jae In has a power to make her change into anything that she wants. The funny thing is, their parents were both normal.

“But no worries Jane, I’m sure he’s here” Joongki said. “This school is some sort of a secret place for kids like us. Even Victoria Song from 3-A got an ice power. Now, break time is almost over, sorry, I need to go”

“Oppa, wait!” But too late, Joongki already disappeared into thin air. “Aish! Why do I have a brother like him?”

“Who are you talking to?”

Jae In jumped as she turn herself into a flower in shocked.

Kyuhyun who just saw all of that stares at her in shock. He slides his finger to the left to turn back the time to a few seconds ago, to where the girl just changed herself into a flower. “Excuse me?” He asks.

Jae In turns herself back into a human. She bites her lower lips. “I was talking to my brother” she said. “He’s a bit famous here. He’s Song Joongki, the guy who had that teleport power and can run away from class anytime that he want”

“No… Did you just change yourself into a flower?”

“You saw that?” Jae In asks nervously.

“Yes” Kyuhyun said. ‘More than once, actually’
Jae In takes a deep breath. “Keep this as a secret, okay?” She asks. “I actually can change myself into anything that I wanted”
‘Is she the girl?’ Kyuhyun thought. “Really? That’s cool!” He said, sounding really excited.
Jae In’s eyes widened. “You think that’s cool?”
Kyuhyun nods. “Can I ask for your phone number?” He asks.

“What? Isn’t this a bit too soon?” Jae In asks. “Besides—“ she stops talking as she realized something. ‘Should I play a bit? I’ll act calm as if I don’t like him’ she thought. ‘That way, then he’ll give up someday if he’s not my Mr. Destiny’ “my phone number? But I don’t want to waste my battery”

There’s a moment of silent. ‘Did she just rejected me?’ he thought. But he acted calm. “Prepare a power bank, then”

Jae In laughs. “Fine, I’ll let you call me” she said.

Well… A girl shouldn’t give her heart easily, right?.


~~~***~~~


‘Hey, Jae In. How are you?’

Jae In smiles as she read Kyuhyun’s text. “He sounded so awkward” she said. She pressed the lock button on top of her phone, decided not to reply his text.
Well, she knows there will be something such as “read” written beside his text since she read it, but that’s what she wanted to do.

Another text come. ‘Why are you just reading my text and not replying it?’. She ignores it. She chuckles. “He seemed kinda cute”

‘Hey’

She just ignores his text, but still reading it.

‘Okay, you upset me’

‘If you’re not going to reply this text, then I’m going to call you’

Still, she just ignores it. “Wow, I never thought that it’s this fun to make your crush chasing you” she said.

Her phone starts ringing. Kyuhyun really called her. She ignores it.

“Hey, Song Jae In, seriously, your phone is so noisy I can hear it from my room!” Joongki said as he barged in her room.

Jae In the mute switch. Her phone starts vibrating instead. “No longer noisy, right?”

“Why don’t you just answer it?”

“Because it’s not attractive to answer right away”

Joongki glared at her suspiciously as he sat beside her and gets her phone. “Cho Kyuhyun? How did he get your number?”

“He asked for it”

“No, I mean… Jae In, you know you can’t love him, right?”

“I know. I just wanted to test him. If he’s not my Mr. Destiny, then he’ll give up someday, right?”

“But what if he won’t? He seems like someone who won’t give up”

“Then I think I’ll fall for him even more”

“You’re crazy” Joongki said. “And he’s even crazier. What’s with these 5 missed calls?”

“Give it to me” Jae In said as she gets her phone and answer Kyuhyun’s call. “Hello?”

“Hey, why aren’t you replying my text? You’re reading it!” She can hear anxiety in his voice.

Jae In laughs. “Sorry, I was meeting my friends” she lied.

“Then who read the texts?”

“I did” Jae In said. “But what will you give me if I answer those?”

There’s a moment of silent. Kyuhyun laughs. “Song Jae In, I’m really struggling because of you”

“I know” Jae In said. “Why did you call?”

“Just to waste your battery”

“I’ve prepared a power bank”

Kyuhyun ignores her. “Make sure to reply my texts next time”

“Well… I’m not sure” Jae In said. “I need to hang up now” she adds before she hangs up.

“You know, you need to stop playing with him” Joongki said. “I heard from Victoria Song, her nephew is the one who has that time turning power”

“Joongki, are you asking me to be a e?”

“FYI, her nephew is only two years younger than her” Joongki said. “I asked her who he was, but she said it’s for you to find out. He’s a stude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter