2. The Aftermath

Hogwarts in Love: It Started with a Ship

2. The Aftermath

REMEDIAL CLASSES:

 

O.W.L.s tutor – Prefect, 6th year Ravenclaw Seohyun

The following students are at risk of performing sub-par in their O.W.L.s for this year:

  • Gryffindor – Kai (Potions, Divination)
  • Hufflepuff – Dasom (Charms)
  • Slytherin – Others…
  • No Ravenclaws

 

N.E.W.T.s tutor – Head Boy, 7th year Ravenclaw Jonghyun

The following students are at risk of performing sub-par in their N.E.W.T.s for this year:

  • Gryffindor – Hyoyeon (Arithmancy, History of Magic)
  • Hufflepuff – Others…
  • Slytherin – Others…
  • No Ravenclaws

 

Please proceed to the library’s East study room for your lessons with tutors, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays until further notice.

 

KRYSTAL

‘I’m so sorry about this,’ Kai immediately placed his hands together as if praying and bowed his head low, ‘I’m so sorry your boyfriend is an idiot.’

Krystal tried to hide her disappointment with a smile, ‘It’s okay, it doesn’t say you’re an idiot… just that you’re about to be confirmed as one.’

‘Ya!’ he yelped, pretending to be annoyed.

They were distracted by a bunch of girls walking by whispering frantically, some of them even daring to shoot dirty looks. Krystal put her best -face on, used to that kind of attitude. Especially from those high and mighty Gryffindors. But she didn’t exactly blame them… after all – she didn’t think she’d be dating one of those Gryffindors now.

‘Wah, my girlfriend is so cool,’ Kai said, tugging on her hand to bring her back to present.

‘Of course,’ she raised a haughty eyebrow at him, ‘I’m the Princess of Darkness, didn’t you hear?’

‘Cute, so cute,’ Kai snuggled his face against her neck, treating her like a prickly porcupine, ‘but for now I have to go and see where the remedial classes are – again I’m so sorry that we won’t be able to spend so much time for the next few weeks.’

‘It’s okay, I should be preparing for my O.W.L.s too. I’ll see you tomorrow?’

‘Definitely,’ Kai dropped one last peck on her cheek and ran off.

Krystal watched him and not for the first time she wondered if they were doing the right thing. With the amount of resistance they’d received in the week since the news broke – she was having second thoughts.

Their hidden, forbidden relationship had been exciting and almost selfish in that they’d only considered each other. But now it was starting to be clear that there were more people affected.

Her attention was drawn to a squeal from a group of girls when she entered the Slytherin Dorms down in the dungeons of Hogwarts. Where there was squealing there was Sehun of course and she saw the platinum blonde head extract himself from adoring fans and make his way towards her.

‘Krystal, let’s go eat something.’

‘Sorry, I just ate,’ she said, not at all sorry.

Sehun blocked her path, and the slimeball came up close, way too close.

‘Come on, you lead me on for five years and now that you get a boyfriend you won’t even have a snack with me?’

Krystal’s eyes flashed, ‘Lead you on? OH SEHUN. We have been neighbours since we were in nappies, if you’re going to get dramatic, you might as well say I lead you on from the cradle.’

Sehun had the decency to blush, ‘So you admit that we should be dating with the view of marriage. You know your parents and mine expect it!’

She rolled her eyes, ‘So you’re telling me if you parents told you to jump off a cliff- you would?’

‘Of course not!!’ Sehun sputtered, ‘but you’ve seen our fan club’s photoshop banners – we look GOOD together!’

‘Good night, Sehun!’

‘Ya, Jung Krystal!! Come back here! We can’t let our fans down!!’

 

SEOHYUN

‘Unnie…’ Even though her family had lived in England since she was five years old, Seohyun still couldn’t move away from the general Korean honorifics. She just couldn’t call her first cousin Hyoyeon (who was more like a sister) by just her name, no matter how much she tried, ‘how on earth did you find yourself in remedial classes?’

‘I’m more surprised I only ended up qualifying under two subjects,’ Hyoyeon admitted sheepishly, ‘at least it’s going to be with Jonghyun, and not some know-it-all Ravenclaw. No offense,’ she winked at Seohyun, making fun of their house. Of course not one Ravenclaw made it to remedial classes... it would have been scandalous!

‘Yeah, Jonghyun-sunbae is a really good teacher,’ she admitted.

He was another one. Although Seohyun had previously dated Jonghyun’s best friend Yonghwa (who graduated last year) for a whole year – and managed to somehow call him “Yong” after all that time, it didn’t extend to Jonghyun who was only a year older than her.

‘Cool. And you get to deal with Kai and Dasom, good luck to you!’

‘Are you going to be okay with this?’ Seohyun asked quietly.

‘Okay with what?’

‘Even though we’re technically two separate classes, Remedial classes are still in the same room. Are you talking to Kai now?’

Hyoyeon shrugged, ‘I’m still annoyed that he never told us that he was seeing Krystal, but what can I do about it? We move on – admittedly Chanyeol and Bora are having a lot of difficulty doing that. Especially Chanyeol. But if you’re asking about my crush, I just have to find a new one right??’

Just at that moment, Jonghyun entered the room – and Seohyun could have sworn that it suddenly got a whole lot brighter.

The handsome Head Boy, perfect in every way  - good looking, charismatic, smart and Ravenclaw’s Quidditch Chaser – really made an entrance.

‘Jonghyunnie – save me! Save my future!!’ Hyoyeon begged him, arms stretched out like a zombie.

Jonghyun patted her head, ‘I can’t work miracles Hyo – maybe we should just skip this and practice Quidditch and get drafted for Kenmare!!’

‘YEAH YEAH LET’S DO THAT!!’ and then they started belting out the Kenmare Kestrels song.

Hyo…

Seohyun was a little jealous of the close camaraderie between the two, who became close during the time Yonghwa and Seohyun were dating. Seohyun was always a little nervous to go places with Yonghwa on her own, so the other two acted as chaperone. In addition, both were Chasers for their houses and formed a Chasers Club (formed solely to make fun of the Beaters).

‘Sorry Seohyun, we’re being too noisy aren’t we,’ Jonghyun sobered up and addressed her politely, ‘I’m going to take the 7th years and work on that table, will that work for you?’

‘Yes, that’s fine.’

The politeness was annoying Seohyun, but she wasn’t quite sure why.

 

 

HYOYEON

Hyoyeon was in such a good mood after her remedial class with Jonghyun (something that she didn’t think was possible) that she decided there was time to sneak in a snack before curfew. She decided against calling Bora because by the time she got there, the kitchens would have closed.

She regretted it badly.

‘Hey, Chaser.’

Hyoyeon looked up disinterestedly at that handsome Slytherin, the Seeker. She was looking for a new love interest, but not this one… this one played a dirty brand of Quidditch – more than once almost knocking Kai off his broom. She wasn’t impressed.

‘Yes? How may I help you?’

‘I have a proposition,’ he said, sitting down across from her.

‘I don’t know what you’d have to say that would interest me.’

‘I notice that you’ve been sulking around like a kicked puppy ever since your Seeker and the most gorgeous girl in the school started going out.’

‘Yes, and?’ Hyoyeon was bored.

‘I propose that we try to break them up. You know that Gryffindors and Slytherins shouldn’t be together, it’s like going against nature – it’s like Chudley Cannons winning the cup.’

Hyoyeon stared at him. He was dead serious. He looked so eager that it made him look pretty damn adorable, with his eyes wide with anticipation, and that blond lock of hair dropping down into his forehead away from his slicked back hair.

Hyo… not the time to be checking the guy out…

‘As much as it pains me to disagree with all your points,’ Hyoyeon began, ‘I will have to decline your uh… generous?... offer.’

‘WHAT?!? But why?’

‘Because I don’t have the same taste for vengeance as you do,’ Hyoyeon shrugged.

‘So what? You’re just going to mope and play sad love songs?’

‘NO!’ Hyoyeon had never felt so insulted, ‘If you MUST know, I was planning to work hard on my Quidditch and get drafted or work hard on my N.E.W.T.s and get an amazing job after I graduate.’

Sehun looked at her with such pity, ‘Gryffindors, so damn boring. Does it make you sleep better at night knowing you’re such a martyr, suffering just as long as your friends are happy?’

Hyoyeon eyed him like he’s a strange creature, ‘Yes. Probably as much as you sleep well knowing you’ve made one more person’s life a living hell.’

Sehun flashed her a grin that could almost be called charming if it wasn’t so predator-like, ‘That’s a given of course.’

‘Still, I think I’ll pass,’ Hyoyeon said politely before grabbing her books and one last brownie before dashing off hastily, not before banging her knee against the long table as she tried to get off the bench.

She didn’t turn back to see Sehun watching her leave with a bemused look.

 


A/N: For those who don't know what the heck I was on about for a fair chunk of that:

  1. O.W.L.s (Ordinary Wizarding Levels) - tests taken at 5th Year, N.E.W.T.s (Nastily Exhausting WixardingTests) - final exams taken at 7th Year.
  2. Kenmare Kestrels - a professional Quidditch team, I chose them because a) they have lots of "Ks" and b) coz their colour is green, my fave.
  3. Chudley Cannons - a professional Quidditch team that loses a lot. Think Chicago Cubs prior to their win this year!
  4. There are 4 positions in Quidditch; Chasers are usually your pure athletes - lots of throwing, catching and weaving. Keepers are the goalies. Seekers follow the Golden Snitch. Beaters are brutes - they like to hit the bludgers with bats towards the Chasers... thus creating a rivalry between Beaters and Chasers.

Finally, have you guys SEEN my poster?!? Isn't it wonderful! Again, a wonderful shoutout to AnneOnym at Spotlight Posters. So brilliant! - Kei