Final

Cool Like You

 

 

 

 

Jongin flutters his eyes open and look around. Weird, he doesn’t remember how he ended up in the school’s infirmary. “Jonginie! Thank god you’re awake! How are you feeling?” A loud voice follows with a bone-crushing hug is what welcomes Jongin first after he wakes up. “Jonginie, are you feeling okay?” The same voice repeats again and Jongin smiles, knowing that the voice belongs to no other than his best friend Byun Baekhyun. “Baek, I’m alright, but I don’t remember why exactly I ended up here.” Jongin touches the bandage that’s wrapped around his head and asks, vaguely remembers the incident earlier. 

 

 

An hour ago

 

 

Jongin and Baekhyun were walking back from the cafeteria after lunch. The elder was talking to Jongin about the latest video games which the latter never cared about but he listened to him anyway. Jongin’s attention was fully on Baekhyun until he heard a familiar voice booming from behind him and the next thing he knew is him being hit square in the head by a baseball and collapse right to the floor. And then, he’s in bed for the past one hour. 

 

 

Jongin grimaces when Baekhyun finishes the story and just when he’s going to ask who hit him square in the head, a person walks in. That person ends up to be Baekhyun’s boyfriend, Park Chanyeol. “Chanyeol hyung?” The said guy smiles, but compared to his usual smile, it’s less cheerful. “Hey, are you okay?” Chanyeol asks as he approaches the both of them, handing Jongin a glass of water. “Thanks. And yeah, I guess I’m fine? At least I’m not feeling awful.” Jongin touches his forehead again and takes a sip of the water. “Hey bro, I’m really sorry.” Chanyeol apologizes, scratching his head awkwardly. “Wait...why?” Jongin blinks, he’s confused, so it was Chanyeol who hit him? “Jonginie, it’s Chanyeol who hit you by accident when he was practicing during lunch.” Baekhyun looks at his boyfriend and to Jongin, explaining it with an apologetic smile. “O-Oh...” Jongin can only nod, still too daze to give any response.

 

 

Baekhyun glances at Chanyeol worriedly because of Jongin’s lack of response which the latter is just too deep in thoughts now. The couple stays quiet, too sorry to say a word, even Baekhyun, Jongin’s friend who Jongin claimed as the-guy-who-don’t-know-how-to-spell-silence is exceptionally quiet. Jongin, on the other side, fell deep in his own thoughts. Wait, so it was Chanyeol hyung who hit me...and Baek said he was practicing...so that means he was practicing with his team. His team...baseball team...Sehun...WAIT SEHUN?! Jongin yelps and jumps suddenly, making Baekhyun and Chanyeol jump too. “W-What happened Jongin?” Baekhyun rushes to Jongin’s side immediately, both hands cupping the younger’s jaw. Sehun was in baseball team too so that means he saw what happened just now?! Oh my god, that was so embarrassing! Jongin turns away and buries his face into the pillow, groaning out frustration. Baekhyun and Chanyeol stares at each other confusingly, wondering what really happened to their lovely dongsaeng. “Jonginie?” Baekhyun calls, leaning closer to look at Jongin who doesn’t give a respond. “Nini?” Baekhyun tries again, hands petting Jongin’s hair lovingly. Sobs can be heard after that and the couple begins to panic, Chanyeol is basically chewing his finger out. “Nini, what happened? Jonginie don’t cry please...are you hurt? Should we call the nurse?” Baekhyun sounds like Jongin’s mother all of a sudden, a 360 degrees change from his usual loud and bubbly self. 

 

 

At the mention of calling nurse, Jongin’s head whips up. “N-No need Baek, I’m not h-hurt...” Jongin’s eyes brim with unshed tears and his lips form into a pout, making the couple melts into a puddle because of overload cuteness. Just when Chanyeol is about to lunge forward and hug comfort Jongin, the door opens and the person who Jongin doesn’t want to see the most at the moment, walks in. 

 

 

Jongin tenses, he can’t believe his own eyes when his big time crush, Oh Sehun walks in. Sehun has changed his previous uniform to a new one after practice and he looks so fresh and clean, Jongin almost mistaken him as a model. Talking about Jongin, the latter is currently looking like a deer caught in headlights and Sehun’s lips curls up a little at the sight. “Hey, Jongin, I see you’re awake now.” Sehun walks towards the younger coolly, and Jongin looks like he’s going to pass out any moment. “Nini...” Baekhyun nudges Jongin with his elbow when Jongin doesn’t show Sehun any reaction. “Jongin?” Sehun steps closer and bends down, face full of concern. Jongin jumps a little and hides behind Baekhyun, using his best friend as a shield to hide his embarrassing state. 

 

 

Sehun’s brows furrow, not really happy with Jongin’s reaction. Everyone stares at Jongin, finding his behavior odd. Although Jongin’s a shy person but when it comes to Sehun, he never ignores the elder. “S-Sehun hyung...can we talk like this?” Jongin asks meekly behind Baekhyun, still too embarrassed to face his crush. “Okay...if that’s what you want.” Sehun casts a glance at his friend Chanyeol and back to the top of Jongin’s hair since Jongin lowers his head and all he can see is his fluffy locks. “O-Okay...just please don’t ask me why okay?” Although Sehun is quite curious but he doesn’t show it, so he nods anyway. “Alright.” He says and pauses for a while before continuing, “Are you okay?” Chanyeol glances worriedly at Jongin again, feeling really sorry. “I guess so...it’s not painful, as least when I don’t touch it...” Jongin replies softly while touching his head, grimacing a little. “Okay...” Sehun then fell silent, seemingly thinking about something. Jongin peeks up at Sehun when the other stops talking and he ends up blushing because Sehun’s looking at him too. Jongin cannot stop his beating heart because Sehun looks as handsome as usual, especially now with both his hands in his pocket and a serious expression on his face. 

 

 

“Y-You all should go back to class...I-I want to sleep for a while.” Jongin says suddenly and the other three can only nod and leave. Baekhyun’s the last to leave since he needs to reassure his best friend is fine. Besides, he needs to know why Jongin was acting like that when Sehun is around but clearly Jongin’s not going to tell him now so he can only leave without getting an answer. After all of his friends go back to class, Jongin curls himself up into the bed, thoughts drifting to a certain person. Luckily Sehun didn’t saw how ugly I looked just now...wait, he saw how I got hit and collapsed! That was so embarrassing...this is so uncool... Jongin groans into his pillow the second time today, let’s just say today is totally not his day. 

 

 

Sehun is what Jongin thinks as the perfect guy, he’s smart, good in sports and also cool. He’s all Jongin isn’t. Of course Jongin is smart but his lanky arms and legs doesn’t help him in doing sports, unlike Sehun, the elder is good in baseball, basketball and also running. Other than that, Jongin thinks Sehun is cool, the ‘I hope I can be like him’ kind of cool. Wait...why don’t I be like him? Right! I can dress as cool as Sehun...then maybe he’ll find me cool and fall in love with me? Why didn’t I thought of that earlier? Baek will definitely agree to it!

 

 

“What? No!” Jongin told Baekhyun his idea of ‘becoming cooler’ the next day when Baekhyun went to Jongin’s house after school to visit the younger and Baekhyun immediately turned down the idea, making Jongin widened his eyes in disbelief. And yet he thought Baekhyun will agree to it yesterday. “Why?” Jongin sits up from his bed and pouts, crease forming between his brows, looking more like a 7 years old than a 17 years old. Baekhyun looks at his friend and sighs, finding the idea ridiculous but he doesn’t want to make Jongin sad so he decided to let Jongin be, as long as he’s happy. “Jongin...” Jongin gulps when Baekhyun looks so serious all of a sudden, he’s afraid that his best friend might still not approve his idea. “I can see that you really like Sehun and if you think your idea will make him fall in love with you, then I’ll help you. It doesn’t hurt to give it a try right?” Baekhyun gives Jongin a bright smile when the younger’s face lights up upon hearing Baekhyun’s words. “Really?! You’ll help me Baek? Thank you so much!” Jongin jumps and gives Baekhyun a bone crushing hug. “Okay Jonginie, now you’re going to rest. We have to wait for you to recover so that our plan can start because the thing on your head doesn’t look cool at all.” Baekhyun says, pointing to Jongin’s injured head and continues, “Okay now I’ll have to go back for dinner, we’ll start our plan once you get that thing off your head okay?” Jongin nods and gives his best friend a small wave before the latter steps out and leaves. 

 

 

The day which the plan starts turns out to be three days after that because the ‘thing’ on Jongin’s head is finally removed. It’s Sunday today and Baekhyun is in Jongin’s room right now. The elder had called earlier that he will come and discuss their plan together. Now, the two of them are lying in Jongin’s bed with Baekhyun listing down something with a pen and Jongin trying to figure out what Baekhyun’s writing. “Done!” Baekhyun sits up and clasps his hands together. He then looks up and down of Jongin, making the latter squirms and blushes slightly. “We’ll start from your outfit then your hair, come on Jongin, get up, I have to find something cool for you.” Baekhyuns says enthusiastically and winks. And now, Jongin can only hope he does look cool at the end.  

 

 

Jongin is standing in front of the mirror with his mouth agape. He can’t believe the person he sees in the mirror is him, what have Baekhyun done to him? Jongin is currently wearing a white t-shirt with a blue denim jacket outside and a pair of it’s-too-tight-i-don’t think-i can-breathe jeans. He thinks that it’s not as comfortable as what he usually wears but it’s not a big deal as long as he looks cool. He doesn’t complain because he knows Baekhyun will give him an earful. Besides his clothes, his usually fluffy and soft hair turned into y tousled bedhead hair and damn, he looks really good like that. Baekhyun appears behind Jongin and whistles, looking totally satisfied at his own work. “Jongin, you look really hot. Do you like it?” Baekhyun asks eagerly, a proud smile hanging on his face. Jongin blushed at Baekhyun’s compliment, and nods slightly, not really sure he likes it himself but from the glint and that proud smile Baekhyun has, he thinks he doesn’t look bad. 

 

 

After choosing Jongin’s outfit for the week and taught the younger how to style his hair, Baekhyun left Jongin’s house as he had a date with Chanyeol after that. The next day, Jongin wears the clothes Baekhyun chose for him the previous day and styles his hair up like how Baekhyun taught him before going to school. He doesn’t know he’ll attract this much attention until he steps in the school gate. The other students in his grade stares at him longer than usual and there’s even one guy who winks at him when he passes by one of the corridors and Jongin stumbles, face red. When he reaches his class. Baekhyun greets him with a thumbs up and a big grin then drags himself to Jongin’s seat to whisper in his ear. “Damn, Jongin, you really look good!” And Jongin’s face is red once again. 

 


The day passed peacefully with Jongin greeted with flirtatious wink once in a while and then everything is perfectly fine, until he ran into someone else when he walked out of the restroom after class alone. “Sorry.” Jongin apologizes. “Is okay.” The person replies, voice oddly familiar. This voice… Jongin looks up at the person and gasps, that is why the voice is oddly familiar because it belongs to his crush, Oh Sehun. “Jongin?” Sehun looks a little surprise and Jongin blushes a little with Sehun’s gaze on him. “Sehun hyung.” Jongin looks to the side and calls, too shy to look Sehun in the eyes. Sehun stares intensely at Jongin without saying a word and Jongin blushes even deeper, the light pink on the tip of his ear can even be seen. “Y-You look different today.” After a while, Sehun says, still staring at Jongin and Jongin looks up from the words. “Uhm…ya…” Jongin stutters, not sure what to say because he definitely can’t tell Sehun that he wants to look cool like him so that he can attract his crush right? “Uhm…Jongin…” Sehun calls, stepping closer to the shorter. “Jongin looks up at his crush although his heart is about to burst out soon. “Y-Yes?” Jongin inwardly scolded himself for stuttering because that is definitely not cool. “You look nice…” Sehun looks like he’s about to say something but he ended up with complimenting Jongin and Jongin looks like he’s about to faint any time. His face is redder than the tomato and really, he’s going to faint. “T-Thanks.” Jongin thanks Sehun and before Jongin can says anything else, Sehun bids him goodbye. “I uhm gotta go, see you tomorrow.” And Jongin catches Sehun looking a little flustered but he doesn’t think much. 

 

 

The next day when Jongin is chatting with Baekhyun in the cafeteria, Chanyeol comes approaching them with Sehun with him. “Oh my Jongin, you look hot as f-” But before he could finish, Baekhyun chimes in. “Hey Yeol!” The shorter immediately goes to his boyfriend and Jongin can only chuckle. “Hey.” Sehun starts and sits opposite of Jongin. “Hey.” Jongin blushes but remain cool anyways. So, Jongin remains cool and both of them didn’t utter a word until Baekhyun and Chanyeol start a conversation. Jongin is too into the conversation, he fails to notice the unreadable expression on Sehun’s face. 

 

 

It’s about a week since Jongin’s transformation. He definitely became cooler, even one of his classmate came approach him and asked him out for a date but of course, he rejected. Today, Jongin goes to school with a skinny ripped jeans matched with a white t-shirt and a pair of white Vans. And of course, Baekhyun gave him a thumbs up as a compliment. “You’re getting better at this.” He had said and Jongin smiled, feeling good. Besides getting cooler, Jongin also became quieter, he doesn’t talk to Sehun too often because Baekhyun had said he needed to play hard to get. And yeah, he definitely is playing hard to get because now, he’s being caged by Sehun in the hallway after school. 

 

 

“S-Sehun hyung?” Sehun stands right in front of Jongin with both his hands in his pocket and with one more step, their chests with touch. Jongin is beyond flustered and he takes one step behind until he touches the wall. “Jongin.” Sehun calls, voice deeper than usual. Jongin gulps and grabs the hem of his t-shirt, face flushes scarlet. “Jongin, look at me.” Sehun calls again and Jongin heartbeat fastens. What should I do? Oh my god I need help! “H-Hyung, I have chores to do, gotta go, see you tomorrow!” With that Jongin runs away leaving Sehun standing there alone. A smirk creeps up Sehun’s face as he looks at Jongin’s back. This is the reaction I want… 

 

 

Sehun countinues to approach Jongin whenever the latter is free and Jongin feels like his heart will stop beating if Sehun keeps it like that. He can’t take it anymore with Sehun being so hot and attractive. Like just now when Sehun approached him after class, his legs almost gave up. Luckily, Baekhyun called him at the right time and saved him. 

 

 

Jongin is packing his stuff, the school bell just rang and everyone literally ran out of the class, leaving him alone, Baekhyun being one of the students who ran out, saying that he has to go to Chanyeol’s house. After Jongin switches off the fan, he steps out of the class only to meet with a hard chest. “S-Sehun hyung?” Jongin literally screeches and steps back consciously. “Jongin, I have something to tell you. Don’t run away this time.” Sehun’s tone sounds serious and Jongin gulps, nodding. Seeing the other has agreed to stay, Sehun steps forward again, closing their distance. Jongin takes a big gulp of air and looks at Sehun with flushed face, hands automatically pulling at the hem of his sweater. “You should stop changing yourself.” Sehun starts, looking intensely at Jongin. “Huh?” Jongin blinks, fails to get what Sehun means. “You look cuter with your naturally fluffy hair.” Jongin stares and blinks again, looking like a lost puppy. And then, Sehun bends down, face inches apart from Jongin’s, making the younger blushes deep red. Sehun then ruffles Jongin’s styled hair, making it messy and fluffy. “H-Hyung, what are you doing?” Jongin is flabbergasted. “See, you look cuter like this.” Sehun with his still bent position, says with a small smile, making Jongin blushes redder than ever. “Don’t try to look cool anymore. You look cuter this way.” Before Jongin could say anything, Sehun continues. Jongin can only nod dumbly, mouth still agape. “Jongin, listen to me. I like you just the way you are, you don’t need to change anything to make me like you because I already did.” Sehun puts his fingers under Jongin’s chin to tilt he latter’s head up to look at him. Although Jongin’s mind is still processing the words Sehun said, he still can’t help blushing madly when Sehun touches him. Jongin is so lost in Sehun’s beautiful brown orbs, he can’t even form a word now. Looking at how dazed Jongin is, Sehun smirks and continues. “You know what? I actually knows the reason behind your transformation.” Sehun confesses and this time, Jongin finally realized what the elder is talking. “W-What?! So hyung, you knew it all along?” Jongin’s eyes is so wide and Sehun can’t help but chuckles, finding Jongin’s shocked face amusing and cute. “Yeah.” Sehun smirks and Jongin slaps the elder on the arm, pouting like a kicked puppy. “You are so mea-” Before Jongin could finish his sentence, a pair of lips crushes onto his. 

 

 

Butterflies, butterflies everywhere. Jongin’s stomach almost explode because of how amazing the kiss felt, how amazing Sehun’s lips felt. Jongin can feel Sehun smiling in the kiss and he can’t help but smiles too, because he never felt this happy, this right before. “Hey, cutie, be my boyfriend?” Sehun pulls away and asks, smiling so bright and Jongin blushes scarlet. “I-I…” 

 

 

And again, before Jongin could say anything, the same pair of lips come crashing against his. “I think you mean yes.” 

 

 

 


The End.

Finally! Sorry for the long wait!

Hope you guys enjoyed! :D

<3