Ten Years Ago...

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer 1986

The light summer breeze and sunlight woke eighteen year old Jinri only a few minutes after seven.She rolled over, hoping to go back to sleep but she suddenly got up upon remembering that today is Soojung’s birthday.She spent the next few minutes stretching.After taking a quick shower, she went out of the bathroom and stood before the oval shape mirror.

“Ugh! why they keep growing?”she whined in disgust, grabbing the bandage from the drawer and wrapped it around her chest to flatten her s.

Unlike most girls her age who dressed themselves like Madonna and Cyndi Lauper and spent their days gushing about St. Elmo’s Fire heartthrob Rob Lowe and 21st Jump Street hottie Johnny Depp, Jinri prefers wearing matching workout jackets and pants and playing sports with her cool friends in the neighborhood, most of them were boys.

After smoothing her wet short hair, she descended the stairs in her red tracksuits.

She saw her parents Minsoo and Jiwon and her older brother Onew already eating in the dining room.

“Morning mom…dad…Jinki”she kissed her parents in the cheeks and gave her brother a punch in the arm.

“Ouch!”Onew glared at her.She stuck her tounge out at him before she sat beside her father.

“Mom, dad, Jinri did it again”Onew told them.

She stopped from putting the pancakes to her plate.”Did what?”she asked innocently.

“You know what I’m talking about.It was you who told Irene that Minho is a crybaby and he always peed in the bed while sleeping .Irene was so turned off with the lies you said to her that she declined my friend’s invitation to go out with him.For the third time,you blew his chance to have a girlfriend”Onew said

“Is it true Jinri?were you the one who told those lies to Irene?”the Choi patriarch Minsoo asked his daughter.

“Of course not!”she denied strongly.

“Liar! your bestfriend Soojung spilled your evil plan to Minho yesterday”Onew  said, his eyes squinted in annoyance.

“Aish, that traitor”she murmured through gritted teeth.

“I want you to go to Minho’s house after breakfast and apologize”Minsoo ordered.

“Why would I have to apologize to that human frog, I didn’t do anything wrong!”she refused.She’d rather hang herself in a tree than to say sorry to Choi Minho—her mortal enemy.

Minsoo shot her a warning look, which Jinri ignored.

“You really won’t apologize?”

She shook her head stubbornly.

“Okay.You’re grounded for one week young lady”Minsoo said then stood up.

She gaped at his father.”Dad!”

Being grounded means she’s not allowed to go out for the entire week which would be a death sentence for her because hanging out with friends and playing outdoor sports are her daily routine.And she made a promise to Soojung that she will go hiking with her and Taemin on wednesday.

Minsoo didn’t bother to look at her as he walked to the living room.

“Haha serves you right”Onew said mockingly.

Jinri scowled at her brother, her hands itching to strangle him to death.

“Just do it sweetie”her mom Jiwon said softly.

The pretty tomboy pressed her back against the chair and stomped her feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter