Chapter 1

SAVE ME

 

Chapter 1

 

* A/N: Before you start reading, this story will have violence, a little bit of bloodshed, inappropiate langauge, and steamy romance. Please read at your own risk. 


The screeching sound to my alarm clock went off and I groaned in protest. Turning away from the blaring alarm, I pulled the covers over my head and tried to squeeze in ten more minutes of sleep. Just the night before, I had so many patients to attend to that by the time I knew it, it was already 4 in the morning. Becoming a general surgeon has always been my dream since I was a little girl and I’ve come so far. Everything in my life was going the way I wanted it to and I was happy. Groaning loudly this time I sat myself up and searched the empty resident’s room with hazy eyes. Stretching to relax my tired muscles, I yawned and shivered from the cold air that crept down my back. They always keep the residents room temperature so cold, it could soon turn into a freezer.

 

The door suddenly flung opened and in came JiSoo, the other resident staying in the room. “InHa! Doctor Kim is looking for you! What are you doing?”

 

I yawned again and grabbed my phone off the table next to the bunk bed and to my utter horror, it was twelve-thirty in the afternoon. “Oh my gosh! Why did you let me sleep for that long?!” Hitting my head on the way, I jumped out of bunk bed and rushed to the bathroom. Immediately stripping myself from my old clothes, I took the quickest shower I possibly could have ever taken in my life.

 

Not having time to hear Ji Soo's excuse as to why he didn’t wake me up, I quickly tied my wet hair into a ponytail and rushed out the door to an angry Doctor Kim. My heart was racing from running so fast. Patients and nurses gave me weird looks but if I didn’t hurry I was going to die by the hands of Doctor Kim. Stopping right outside his door, I took a deep breath and collected myself before I entered the gates of hell. I straightened out my white coat, made sure I had my name tag on and then hesitantly knocked on the door.

 

A firm, “Come in” came through the door and I opened it slowly. I walked slowly over to his desk with my head down, too scared to look him in the eyes.

 

“Do you know what time it is?”

 

I reluctantly look up to see Doctor Kim dressed in a clean white ironed button up dress shirt. His black bangs brushed over to the one side and a pair of gold optical lens sitting on his nose bridge. He pushed up his glasses and continued to stare at the computer screen. He didn’t even appear angry but someone who doesn’t appear angry was actually the scariest person.

 

I looked at my wrist watch, “Twelve-fifty five,” I squeaked. I was never once late and I was scared out of mind. “I’m so sorry! It will never happen again!” I said all too quickly.

 

A low rumble came from somewhere inside the quiet room and I realized it was coming from Doctor Kim. He was laughing, like actual tears coming out of his eyes laughing and I stared back at him with wide eyes.

 

“You should’ve seen your face!” He laughed and I jumped as he hit his hand on the table. “Oh my goodness InHa, you were so scared.” He wiped a fake tear and recollected himself.

 

“What? Doctor Kim-”

 

“I’m sorry but you were so scared and you thought I was going to scold you.” Well isn’t that what they do when you’re late? Something was wrong, very wrong.  He got up from his seat and walked over to me. “I’m not mad. I understand you need the sleep. I heard you didn’t go to sleep until four in the morning. Why don’t you go out and get some lunch then go and rest some more.”

 

This had to be a trap. I furrowed my eyebrows, “Wait, Doctor Kim are you serious?”

 

He was quiet for a moment and then, “No!” There it was, he was back. “You’re late! You’re working double tonight!” I knew something was wrong, he was being way too calm and way too nice.

 

My face fell, “Awwwe Doctor Kim can’t you let me off for just this one time?” I held up a finger as I pleaded him. He had to understand, I didn’t mean to oversleep.

 

“No!” He answered quickly.

 

Doctor Kim walked back to sit down at his desk and held out a grey clipboard.“Take this and go check on your patients and report back to me.” Seeing that he wasn’t even going to reason with me, I sighed and reluctantly took the clipboard from him and an unenthusiastic “yes” left my lips. Sulking, I turned around and walked towards the door but when I was just about to leave, Doctor Kim called for me again.

 

“Oh and InHa, don’t be late again… or else.” He gave me a death glare and then with his right hand, he swiftly made a line across his neck.

 

I nodded and then swung open the door only to find JiSoo moving to stand up quickly. I shut the door behind me and glared at him.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up? Now I have to work a double shift again all because of you!” I reached for his ear and pulled him along the hallway.

 

“Ah, ah, ah. Let go! Let go! It wasn’t my fault! You didn’t wake up when I tried to wake you up!” I didn’t even remember him trying to wake me up. I pulled him all the way to the front desk and then let go. By then his left ear was all red.

 

“What did he do this time?” Hanuel asked. She was one of the nurses who worked at the front desk. “Causing trouble again?”

 

“Yes,” I answered for JiSoo who was rubbing his ear, “He deserved it”.

 

“Look now my ear is red. It hurts! It wasn’t my fault you overslept.” He was right but I didn’t want to admit it. I stuck my tongue out at him and opened the clipboard to look through the list of patients I had to check on that day. I sighed, why did I have to oversleep? Deciding I should start on these right away, I waved a goodbye to Haneul and JiSoo.

 

“I better get started on these so I’ll catch you guys later,” I held up the grey clipboard, “I have patients to see”.  

 

“Mhm, see you later.” JiSoo said before I left.

 

***

 

“Alright, Mrs. Yoo, I will see you tomorrow,” I smiled and closed the door to the my last patient of the day. A wonderful old lady who came because of a severe headache. I took a quick glanced down at my wristwatch and it was already ten at night. Hungry and exhausted, I quickly jotted down my last notes for that day as I made my way to the elevator when suddenly someone bumped into me. The clipped board flew right out of my hands along with the notes I had just written. Papers were scattered everywhere and I silently cursed to myself. I crouched down to gather my papers when I noticed a man had also did at the same.

 

He let out a tired sigh and started to pick up some papers. “Forgive me miss. Are you alright?” His white button up shirt was distressed and he had the sleeves rolled up midway on his elbows. A few of his buttons was loose and his tie was undone. His hair was a dark brown which contrasted with his fair skin and then a small sparkle caught my eyes. He had a nose piercing and if I wasn’t studying him so intently the way I was, I would’ve missed it. He got to his feet and boy was he tall! He was towering over me as he held out the papers along with the clipboard.

 

“Yes, I’m okay.” I answered a little bit flustered and grabbed the papers from his hands. “Thank you.”

 

“I’m sorry once again.” Before I could say anything the elevator doors open and we both stepped to the side to let people come out. “Ladies first.” He let a boyish grin slip onto his lips and his arms extended out to indicate for me to step into the elevator. When I stepped in I thought he would follow but he didn’t.

 

“You aren’t coming in?”

 

He was still smiling and shook his head, “No, I have somewhere I need to be. Have a good rest of your day!” He was waving and then the elevator doors closed. Shuffling the papers neatly back into the clipboard I closed it without giving it much thought.

 

Standing right outside Doctor Kim’s door, I knocked and again a firm “Come in” was heard before I could walk inside.

 

“All done?” he asked. I nodded and opened the folder to give my report but when I glanced over the papers to my surprise it was not my notes. Illegal transactions and people I haven’t even heard of was written down in neat cursive. What the heck? Shocked over came me and I realized that this must’ve belonged to the man that bumped into me.

 

“Well?” Doctor Kim pushed up his glasses, his hand extended out to retrieve it but I held onto it.

 

“U-uh sorry, it looks like I’m not done. I still have one more patient left.” I stuttered. I could not believe this was the wrong clipboard. “I will be right back!” I walked out of his office as quickly as I could and ran to the elevator. I took it down to the floor where the man had bumped into me and ran to the front desk.

 

“Did you see a guy with a white button up shirt and black slacks walk by? He had brown hair!” I asked one of the nurses. She responded by shaking her head.  I thanked her and looked around frantically. I had asked the other nurses if they’ve seen the man walk by but just like the first one, they shook their heads. Where did that man go in this short amount of time? Everything in that folder screamed dangerous and illegal. This was bad, very bad.

 

By now the hospital was slowing down and visiting hours were over so people were leaving and going home. Running towards the entrance to hopefully catch a glimpse of the man leaving, I noticed something suspicious from the corner of my eyes. A man in similar attire disappeared into a corner of the hospital. He had the same white shirt and black slacks just like the man before. Noting the similarities down, I followed the man around the corner of the hospital. It was fairly dark outside and around this corner were the side doors leading to a parking lot. When I rounded the corner he was gone and nowhere to be seen. He couldn’t have disappeared that fast. I was just a few steps behind him.

 

Suddenly, I was pulled by the arm and before I could scream for help a clammy hand covered my mouth, muffling my screams. I struggled and kicked as much as I could but this man was so strong. His muscular arms closed in on my neck and stopping my oxygen supply. Screaming and kicking was certainly not helping me at all but when I got my mouth to open some more, I bit down on his hand and I bit hard. That got him to let go of me and he cried out in pain.

 

“!” he cursed. He held onto his right hand as if he had just been amputated and cursed some more. Taking no chances, I ran for my life but I didn’t even reach the hospital doors when I was abruptly snatched by my arm causing me to be to snap back. I cried out in pain and winced when he held onto my upper forearm too tightly, almost crushing it. I was so sure he was stopping the blood flow by how tight he held onto me.

 

“Let me go!” I screamed.

 

“You’re coming with me!” He said and he started dragging me to what I saw was a white minivan parked in the hospital parking lot. Gone were the people and gone were the hundreds of cars being parked there. I was starting to think no one was really coming for me but I had to escape somehow so I started struggling again.

 

“Like hell I am! I’m not going anywhere with you!” We were approaching the van and with one last chance I got, I spat on his face. He was still holding onto me and if looks could kill, I would be dead by now. He lunged for me and before I knew it, my head snapped sideways. The slap to my face came so quickly I didn’t even have time to register it.  The aftershock hit me so hard and tears started to form in my eyes. There will definitely be a bruise after all this is over.

 

“Boss wants you alive but I rather have you dead after what you just did! Don’t you ever disrespect me again!” He yelled and pulled me towards the van. The blow to my face left me weak and exhausted. My brain was turning into mush and my vision blurred but I couldn’t lose the fight, not now. Everything was spinning and it was so hard to keep my eyes open.

 

“Now that’s not how you treat a lady.” A strange voice come from behind me and it was the last voice I heard before everything went black.

 


How's the first chapter? Do let me know below (