Visitor

No longer human

 

Visitor

 


 

"Baekhyun?!"

 

Eunchae cupped with both of her palm, doesn't believe with the view in front of her. Its seems as her heart stops beating and the world has been pause for a while. The moment his face greets her eyes, the feeling of longing to him hits her and the seconds she knows, she already take a step towards him. 

She wants him to hold her, she wants him to said that's everything is okay, she wants him to never leave her again. 

The sudden urge of crying fill her emotion as she blinks her eyes repeatedly. How much she missed him all this time. All of her waiting is worth.

 

"Baekhyun..." As she almost reach him, Baekhyun takes a few step back as if he's trying to avoid her. 

"Yah, what's with those teary eyes?" Baekhyun said, almost teasing her.

 

Baekhyun's sudden action make Eunchae stops in her spot. She doesn't expect that from him. Perhaps, he's tired. She quickly wipes those invincible tears and acted like nothing happen.

 

"Teary eyes? No way. I just woke up you know and my eyes hurt from the sudden sunlight." Lied.

"Really? Okay then. Let's get in." He points the way in with his mouth.

 

But the atmosphere was a little weird to put it mildly.

 


 

"When did you arrive? How is it stay abroad? Do you have more friends? Introduce me too to them!" Eunchae gets excited when they're talking about Baekhyun's life. Baekhyun just smiles as he shakes his head, happy with those childish behavior.

"Slow down, girl. You have me for the whole day. I will told you everything." The man next to her stifled a chuckle.

 

Eunchae just huff as she looks at Baekhyun cynically. Even she missed him so much, she can't hide the jealousy towards him. Of course she is jealous. His friend got to visited other country where she never set her foot there.

 

"Okay. I will." Eunchae adjust her position to a calm one so she could enjoy Baekhyun's stories. 

 

Both of them spend their time together as a storyteller and a listener. Nothing could be more perfect than be with the loved one. Plus, the ray of sunlight shine some part of her house. Even the sunlight seems excited. This has to be one of the most picturesque places to listen to his story over a long lunch.

 

"Really? Then what did you do at that time?" The girl seems more excited than the boy. Baekhyun just smile at her. 

"Nothing." He simply said while stretch his arm in the air.

 

Its been 5 hours already since they spend their time listen to Baekhyun's story. The guy realized the time they spend when he accidentally saw the round, blue light color clock hang nicely on the printed wall. He, himself feel a slight shock after counted how many times they spend and how much words coming out from his mouth, sharing about his experienced.

The girl never once fell boring or tired. She just listen to him assiduously. How fascinating.

The sweet day like today, its good for whatever we're doing. Everything is perfect. The afternoon that filled by the fragrance that blows. The presence that we longed by our side. 

 

Nothing could be this perfect.

 

After a while, Baekhyun stops from saying much words. His eyes looks determine. He clutch on his own grip as he looks at Eunchae. The girl seems surprised by the sudden action. She just look into his eyes without saying anything. Somehow, she feels something different. As if he wants to tell her but something keep hold him. Words he wants to tell her, words he couldn't say to her.

 

"Eunchae ah....To tell you the truth..." Baekhyun paused. Perhaps, its hard for him. 

"Why?" Eunchae looks worried. What is it? What is it that you wanna tell me? What is it that take you a lot of time to tell me? What is it that make you keep doubting?

 

This frustrated feeling is like deja vu. She's going through this feeling when Baekhyun arrived late at the airport. 

 

"Actually...." Baekhyun close his eyes. Should he tell her? Then, what will happen? Will he remain?

 

He scared.

Scared of something that indefinite. Afraid that he might disappear. Forever.

 

"Actually, I already...." Those word being cut off from the sudden knocking on the door. Who is it?

 

Eunchae darted her gaze away from Baekhyun as she set her eyes on the door. She then turn her head back towards Baekhyun and ask him to wait for her. Wondering for a while, she stand up from her seat and walk towards the door. Eunchae rarely has a visitor. So, today is the busiest day for her door. 

Turning the knob, she opens the door and reveals a delivery guy. She smiles at the delivery guy when she remembered she's the one who order some foods this morning. 

 

"Miss, your order are here." The delivery guy pass on the foods to Eunchae with a manner.

"Thank you. I almost forget about it." She giggles as she totally forget about the foods she ordered before.

"You must be very hungry since you order a lot of food when you're living alone." The delivery guy flash a smile.

"I'm with my friend right now." She opens the door so the delivery guy could see Baekhyun. The guy tries his best to look at her 'friend' but he can't see anyone.

"Ahh, I see. You must waiting for your friends, right? I need to go now or else my boss will upset with me." The delivery guy said and leave Eunchae at the door frame.

 

That's weird.

 

After close back the door and paying the delivery guy, she returns to Baekhyun with foods in her grip. She sits beside him as she put the foods on the coffee table in front of them and stare at him.

 

"What is it that you're going to tell me just now?" She takes a lot of courage to asks him back. Somehow, those feeling won't fade.

"Ahh.." Baekhyun seems taken aback. His eyes wander around the living room and something caught his attention.

"I just want to tell you that I'm hungry." Baekhyun said as he pointed to the foods on the coffee table and pointed to the clock that almost show 2.30PM.

"Ahh, its already 2.30PM, that's why I feel hungry too." Eunchae laughs as she just realized that she and Baekhyun skip the breakfast since they are too focus on the story.

"I'm sorry. I will set out the table." She runs towards the kitchen with the foods on her hands.

 

She feels extremely guilty since she knows Baekhyun didn't eat anything at all after his airplane arrive. After Eunchae disappear to the kitchen, Baekhyun sighs in relieved. Its seems as he doesn't ready yet. He doesn't ready to leave yet.

 

"If you want to watch the television, just switch on the button near the wall." Eunchae's loud voice could be heard all around the living room. Baekhyun just nod even he knows that she can't see him nodding to her statements.

 

Clicking the button that Eunchae told before, Baekhyun change the channel to one that he likes. He watch for a while and something distract him. The sound of broken plates in the kitchen. He quickly leave the living room and dash towards the kitchen.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

After Baekhyun leave the living room, the quick news suddenly play on the screen.

 

"We are sorry to be the bearers of sad news, but our airplanes loss control and crashes yesterday. None of survivor that we found and the police still investigate the causes of the incident. We are sorry to any family that involved in this accident. We're going to list the name of victims. Hope they rest in peace.

 

 

Park Hanbyul

Kim Suhye

Oh Seunyon

Kang Hee

Byun Baekhyun

​Hee Mari

Wang Jun

 

 

None of them saw the news. 

And the words that Baekhyun wants to tell Eunchae before.

Perhaps, its been forgotten.