Final

To the Pig Farm, We Go

Author's Note: (For my lovely older cousin)

Okay, so, it's your 18th birthday and this one-shot is dedicated to you so you better like it xD

Happy 18th birthday! (P.S. to all the readers, I combined the two parts just because...)


"To the Pig Farm, We Go"

It was the second month of classes for Sanghyuk and it was going quite well. The little kid grew closer to Hongbin and soon enough, he also started playing with Wonshik and Jaehwan occasionally. But he had never forgotten to stay away from the annoying Hakyeon and the scary Taekwoon. Sanghyuk’s kindergarten life was pretty peaceful. He would play with his friends and study with his classmates. It seemed pretty fine.

“Okay, kids, next week, we will go to a pig farm together!” Ms. Park announced, obviously forcing herself to look excited. Of course, who would want to go to a field trip together with more than two dozens of noisy and naughty kindergarteners? Definitely not Ms. Park. But it was her duty, a duty forced on her.

The kids took no notice of the teacher’s grief and just cheered happily upon hearing about it. Sanghyuk was no different, he was also cheering out loud. He looked around and found almost everyone cheering (with Hakyeon cheering the loudest, it was a given. That boy was even dancing on the table, causing disturbance to his unfortunate seatmate, Taekwoon) but one boy only had a small smile on his face and it was surprising enough—for Sanghyuk, at least. Who was that boy? It was Jung Taekwoon, that scary kid.

Sanghyuk’s jaw dropped a bit, not expecting to see the scary kid smiling. For a moment, Taekwoon did not look like a scary kid but an angelic one instead. That lasted for only a moment though. The second that kid locked eyes with Sanghyuk, his grim expression came back. Sanghyuk gulped before turning his attention to Hongbin who was beside him.

“Why?” Hongbin asked seeing the scared expression of Sanghyuk. “Aren’t you excited? We’re going to see the pigs, dude!” He announced as if Sanghyuk did not hear it, making exaggerated gestures using his short arms and his small hands.

“I know.” Sanghyuk replied but he still looked frightened. To put it simply, he was still traumatized because of the look that scary Taekwoon had given him. How could someone look so angelic in one moment then look like an incarnate of the Hades the next? It freaked Sanghyuk out. Who knew, maybe the next moment, Taekwoon would be strangling him to death. That thought sent shiver down to Sanghyuk’s spine. It was creepy, all right?

“Are you afraid of pigs?” Hongbin frowned. “Why? Pigs are, like, the cutest creatures! But if you don’t like them that much then I don’t like them too.” He muttered, shaking his head rapidly. He did not want to offend Sanghyuk, not when they officially became best friends for life.

Sanghyuk let out a shaky breath. It wasn’t the pig that he was scared of, it was Taekwoon. “It’s not that. Don’t worry about it.” He replied. He could not tell Hongbin that he was scared of Taekwoon. Knowing the older one, he was so protective that he might even go against Taekwoon. Sanghyuk did not want to lose his best friend.

 

The day of the trip approached so fast that Sanghyuk was not even able to plan about how he could protect himself from Taekwoon. In the end, he just decided to avoid Taekwoon as much as he could. He would stick to Hongbin, use Jaehwan and Wonshik as shields, or just hide behind Hakyeon (which seemed to be the most effective since Taekwoon hated Hakyeon). Sanghyuk clutched the straps of his small backpack as he walked towards the bus that would take them to the farm. For nights, he was having nightmares that included Taekwoon’s scary pair of eyes. Just thinking about it made Sanghyuk shiver. He stopped walking just right in front of the bus’ door, trying to compose himself.

“You look pale.” Sanghyuk almost screamed when someone with a deep voice spoke but he stopped himself. Sanghyuk looked at the owner of that voice—Wonshik, the kid that seemed scary at first but was actually just a neighborhood idiot. “Is something wrong?” Wonshik asked.

Sanghyuk shook his head, almost too rapidly. “N-no, nothing is wrong.” He replied in his unusually shaky voice. “Anyway, where is Jaehwannie?” He changed the topic. Jaehwan and Wonshik were always together despite fighting about everything. Even if they would go to the restroom, the two boys hated separating.

Wonshik shrugged his shoulders. “He stole my Pretzel so he’s hiding again.” Sanghyuk wondered why Jaehwan and Wonshik were friends in the first place. It was not a normal friendship but then again, Wonshik and Jaehwan weren’t normal in the first place.

“Sanghyuk, good morning!” Hongbin greeted excitedly, his dimples were showing as he ran towards his best pal. He took notice of Wonshik who was standing next to Sanghyuk. “Are you excited?” Hongbin asked Sanghyuk, still ignoring Wonshik.

“I am but…” Sanghyuk trailed off as he heard Hakyeon’s deafening voice. He turned to the Hakyeon and so did Hongbin and the ignored Wonshik.

“Woonie, why don’t you want to sit beside me in the bus?” Hakyeon whined to Taekwoon who was trying his best to run away from the former. Sanghyuk would have watched the scene with interest if not for Taekwoon who met eyes with him and glared at him as if he just stole that scary kid’s Pretzel—which he did not even do because he was not Jaehwan and Taekwoon was scary unlike the gullible Wonshik.

“Hakyeon hyung’s voice really annoys me.” Hongbin grunted in annoyance as he watched how Hakyeon chased Taekwoon who quickly ran inside the bus in attempt to save his soul.

Sanghyuk agreed wordlessly but he was still busy thinking about his escape plans. For him, it felt like he was going to die if he would get inside the bus. Should he tell his teacher that he was not feeling very well? But no, his mommy Yeonie would surely force him to drink every medicine there was and would prohibit him from consuming ice cream for a month in attempt to protect him from illness. Also, his daddy Leo might find out that he was lying. It would not be very pleasant because his daddy especially told him that lying was a bad thing. Sanghyuk chewed on his lower lip nervously but his thoughts were interrupted when he felt a hand wiping his forehead. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion then blinked.

“You’re having cold sweats. Are you okay?” Wonshik, the one who wiped Sanghyuk’s forehead, asked. “You look pale too. Maybe you’re sick.” He added.

Upon hearing Wonshik’s statement, Hongbin pushed the former aside. Hongbin wanted to be the one who would protect Sanghyuk—anyway, he was the one who promise the younger boy the protection. Hongbin put his hand over Sanghyuk’s forehead. “You’re not hot but you have cold sweats. What happened to you?” He asked, worried for his friend.

“I-I am fine.” Sanghyuk stuttered his response, smiling weakly towards Wonshik and Hongbin. The two did not look like they believed him so he avoided their gaze. The heavens must have had found Sanghyuk’s misery enjoyable for the moment Sanghyuk’s eyes flicker to the bus’ window, his eyes met Taekwoon’s glaring eyes. Sanghyuk visible gulped before looking away and shivering in fear.

“Are you cold?” Wonshik asked. Then, a brilliant idea came into his mind. “I always see this in dramas.” He said, removing his small jacket before putting it around Sanghyuk. “There! Doesn’t it feel warm now?” He proudly asked. Sanghyuk wanted to tell the older kid that he was not really cold in the first place but decided to keep quiet because the older looked so proud of himself.

While Wonshik was pleased, Hongbin clearly wasn’t. He removed Wonshik’s jacket from Sanghyuk and threw it back to Wonshik. Then, he removed his own jacket and put it around Sanghyuk. “Use mine. Wonshik’s jacket stinks.” As if to prove his point, he even scrunched his nose.

Wonshik frowned and sniffed his jacket. “No, it doesn’t!” He protested.

“Hey! Kim Wonshik!” A voice of an old woman called out before Wonshik and Hongbin could even start arguing. The three kids—Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk—turned to the owner of the voice only to find an annoyed looking Jaehwan running towards them with a pack of Pretzels in his hand. “I have been hiding inside the closet for two hours now! How come you didn’t look for me?” Jaehwan asked in his old lady voice upon reaching Wonshik’s side.

“Oh, were we playing hide-and-seek?” Wonshik asked, completely clueless.

“No, we weren’t but you were supposed to look for me!” Jaehwan whined out loud.

Seeing this as an opportunity to take Sanghyuk away, Hongbin quickly grabbed Sanghyuk’s wrist and pulled the younger boy to the bus with him. He did not like the fact that Wonshik was trying hard to steal his best friend. Hongbin already promised to be Sanghyuk’s one and only best friend forever and Wonshik should not be the reason why they would drift apart.

 

Apparently, they were not supposed to choose their own seats because the teachers would assign them. Sanghyuk, unfortunately, ended up sitting beside Jaehwan. To Sanghyuk, Jaehwan was cool and all but he never shut his mouth! He started imitating a whole family of cats and dogs for some unknown reasons and Sanghyuk was 100% done with him. “Why are you frowning?” Jaehwan asked, finally noticing Sanghyuk’s expression. “Ah, let me guess, Taekwoon hyung?” He asked again.

Sanghyuk’s eyebrows furrowed. He wondered how Jaehwan viewed it that way when Sanghyuk’s annoyance was really because of someone named Jaehwan.

“You know, Taekwoon hyung is scary.” Jaehwan stated without even waiting for a response from Sanghyuk. “I am not too sure but it feels like he can strangle anyone to death anytime. He looks like he would kill us when we’re asleep.” He added, not noticing Sanghyuk’s scared expression. He was too busy babbling to care, anyway. “And then, when he stares at you, it means that he’s thinking of ways how to kill you already. I heard from the teachers that they will give us partners later in the pig farm. You should pray so hard so that you wouldn’t be paired with him.” He continued babbling.

Jaehwan did not notice that Sanghyuk was already shivering. Sanghyuk would rather jump out of the bus than to be paired with Taekwoon. The latter seemed more deadly than the former anyway.

 

Upon arriving at the pig farm, all the kindergarteners were told to fall in line which they did after a ‘reunion’ with their friends. “Why did the teacher have to let me sit beside Hakyeon hyung? That hyung is so clingy and annoying.” Hongbin complained to Sanghyuk with a deep frown.

“Well, Jaehwan hyung does not exactly keep quiet too.” Sanghyuk nodded his head a couple of times.

Hongbin’s frown was replaced with a look of concern. “It must have been hard for you.” He pat Sanghyuk’s head even though the younger boy was a bit taller.

“Okay, class, you now have to look for your partners. You can find your own friend to hang out with.” Ms. Park announced, too lazy to deal with the kindergarteners’ complaints about their partners. In a second or two everyone had grabbed their own partners—everyone except for Sanghyuk, Hakyeon, Jaehwan, Hongbin, Wonshik, and Taekwoon who seemed to be clueless for a moment.

“Oh, partners. I’ll go with Wonshikie!” Jaehwan was the first one from the six kids to speak, throwing his arms around Wonshik as if claiming a property. “I don’t want to be stuck with either Hakyeon hyung or Taekwoon hyung, that would be crazy.” He commented.

“Yeah! I want to stay with Jaehwanie too.” Wonshik nodded his head cutely (which he may or may not have failed to do so.

“Then I’ll go with Woo—” Hakyeon grinned at Taekwoon but was cut off.

Taekwoon grabbed the nearest wrist to him which was Sanghyuk’s. “I’ll go with this kid.” Taekwoon muttered, glaring at Hakyeon. He was just so fed up of that annoying kid to the point that he would love to erase that person’s existence.

Sanghyuk gulped, scared. Of all people, why should he be stuck with Taekwoon? He already prayed to all the saints, the gods, and even to Buddha! So, of all people, why did it have to be Taekwoon. “A-ah… I’m going with Hongbin hyung though.” He looked at Hongbin with pleading eyes.

“Yeah, he is my partner.” Hongbin nodded his head a couple of times. He did not even understand Sanghyuk’s eye signals but he did not want to be separated with his best friend nor did he like the fact that he would be stucked with Hakyeon.

But Hakyeon liked ruin things even when it was not on purpose. He turned Hongbin to face him. “But Hongbin, this is a first! Taekwoon wants to have a new friend. Don’t be selfish and let the kid find himself a new friend. I’m so proud of that kid.” Hakyeon wiped his nonexistent tears for effect, speaking as if Taekwoon were his son.

Rolling his eyes, Taekwoon immediately pulled Sanghyuk with him towards the entrance in order to escape from both Hakyeon and Hongbin. “Sanghyuk! Don’t leave me with Hakyeon hyung!” Both Taekwoon and Sanghyuk heard Hongbin’s terrified yell but Taekwoon just continued pulling Sanghyuk with him.

 

“Why am I stuck with you?” Hongbin complained in a groan but Hakyeon just kept on smiling happily, talking about how happy he was to have a bonding time with Hongbin. The other kids were already far away from the two of them as they were all excited to play together. “Of all people, why does it have to be you?” Hongbin continued to complain as if his whole life was ruined.

“Hongbin, why do you seem to be so upset?” Jaehwan appeared with Wonshik. That moment, Hongbin felt like he just saw some angels. Jaehwan and Wonshik almost had halos and wings in Hongbin’s eyes. To him, it seemed like he just found his salvation. He was saved from being stuck with Hakyeon alone.

“Jaehwan hyung and Wonshik!” Hongbin cried in happiness. Tears of joy were falling from his eyes but Hakyeon just looked at him as if he had already lost his marbles. “Please don’t leave me here alone with hyung. Let’s all roam around together.” He reached out to Jaehwan with his short arms. “I don’t wanna stay with Hakyeon hyung alone. Please, hyung!” He continued to cry. He rarely cried like that because he was a tough kid but when he did, it meant that he was in a deep trouble.

“Ah…” Jaehwan cooed, patting Hongbin’s head. “Don’t worry, we’ll stay with you.”

Wonshik looked at Hongbin and Jaehwan, feeling betrayed. He did not want to stay with Hakyeon as well but the two gave him no choice. “Where is Hyukkie? Isn’t he your best friend, Hongbin?” Wonshik asked, remembering how overprotective Hongbin was to Sanghyuk. “Did you make him cry?” He added.

Hongbin shook his head in a rapid manner, flailing his short arms. “I did not!” He exclaimed. He was Sanghyuk’s best friend and protector, there was no way that a knight would hurt a little prince. “Taekwoon hyung stole him away from me. Taekwoon hyung grabbed Hyukkie away from me! Like this!” To demonstrate, Hongbin held Hakyeon’s tiny wrist. “Then, he left!” He dragged Hakyeon but stopped after about three steps to turn to Wonshik and Jaehwan again.

“Omo!” Jaehwan gasped in an exaggerated manner, even covering his mouth with his tiny hands. “I am so sorry to hear that. I’m so sorry for your lost, Beanie.” He sobbed. “Hyukkie had been a good friend to all of us. He will be dearly missed by the whole kindergarten.” He continued to sob.

Wonshik started sobbing as well while Hongbin looked so horrified. “This is all my fault! I shouldn’t have let Hyukkie get dragged by Taekwoon hyung.” Hongbin started sobbing too, rubbing his eyes with his hands. He remembered telling Sanghyuk not to do that yet he was the one who was doing it at the moment. But that was not important anymore. Sanghyuk was probably suffering in Taekwoon’s hands and Hongbin could do nothing about it. The thought was heartbreaking enough, what more if it were to really happen? Hongbin was panicking.

Hakyeon looked at the three other kids as if they had lost their minds. For once, he was the normal one—and that was just a rare occurrence. He shook his head and flailed his short arms. “Guys, guys, listen. You should not be so sad. I’m sure that Hyukkie is fine. It’s not obvious but Taekwoonie is really nice. He gives me candy when I’m being nice to him!” He defended his friend.

“But there’s still a possibility that Hyukkie would get hurt.” Hongbin insisted. “And it’s because of me! I promised to protect him before!” He wailed while flailing his short arms and so did the other two. If they were not kids, people would have thought that they just escaped from the nearest mental hospital.

Hakyeon could only slap his own forehead. He never thought that the time when he would be the normal one would come. The three younger boys were really exaggerating. He knew for sure that Taekwoon wouldn’t hit Sanghyuk—well, maybe he would but only a little. Hakyeon knew that Taekwoon would not hit cute and innocent living being. That’s the reason why Taekwoon would always hit Hakyeon. Hakyeon was cute but not an innocent kid. “Okay, if it would make you feel better, let’s just all get inside the farm. I’m sure that Taekwoonie and Hyukkie are there already. Let’s look for them.” He suggested.

“Okay, let’s do that.” Jaehwan immediately agreed in an enthusiastic voice. He was grinning but in a split second, he suddenly looked sad. “Poor Hyukkie, wandering around the pig farm with a scary lion who was trying to kill him. He must be crying for help right now.” He said in a sad voice. Because of this, Hongbin started crying even harder and Wonshik had no choice but to comfort him.

Hakyeon clapped his hands once to gather the attention of the other three. “Okay, kids, let’s get going. Stop  crying now, Binnie. I don’t think that we can find Hyukkie if you keep on crying.” He stated, patting Hongbin’s back and looking at the latter like a loving mother. “You have to use all your senses to look for your best friend and I’ll use mine to look for my best friend.”

“Who’s your best friend? Taekwoon hyung?” Wonshik asked, confused. “Is he aware?”

Hakyeon glared at Wonshik. Of course, Taekwoon was not aware but Wonshik did not have to ask such an obvious question. People should stop slapping the reality on Hakyeon’s beautiful face. “Of course, he is.” Hakyeon argued. “Now, let us not be distracted and start searching for the two.” He firmly said.

 

“Oh, so, the pig has 12 teats?” Wonshik said in amazement, nodding his head in interest as the tour guide spoke to him and to the other three—Hongbin, Hakyeon, and Jaehwan. Even though the four of them were determined to find Taekwoon and Sanghyuk, their attention span was no longer than five minutes. The moment they entered the farm, they immediately got distracted because of the pigs.

Currently, they were standing in front of a pig pen where there were about six big pigs. As kids, they were more than excited to meet the pigs that they enjoyed eating—as creepy as it might sound.

“Why does it have so many and I only have two?” Hakyeon asked the tour guide. “That’s not fair.”

“Accept it, Hakyeon hyung.” Jaehwan interjected before the tour guide could even reply. “The world is never fair.” He added. The tour guide could only stare at him. It was pretty common to hear that sentence but it was rare for a five-year-old to say it as if it was the most obvious thing. Why would a five-year-old even know such a thing? Indeed, the kids were no normal ones.

“Oh! The other pig is bigger. Is it a man? A really strong man?” Hongbin asked, tugging the shirt of the tour guide. “He reminds me of Taekwoon hyung.” He chuckled at the thought, pointing at the large pig. “You know, because he’s also big and scary.” He joked. The other three chuckled along but the four of them froze upon remembering Taekwoon. The tour guide was trying to explain some facts to answer Hongbin’s questions but he was cruelly ignored by the frozen kids (in the end, he gave up and just decided to leave the weird kids alone).

Hakyeon was the first one to get back into his senses. “Why are you guys looking at pigs? Didn’t we say that we have a mission? And that is to find Sanghyuk and Taekwoon, right?” He scolded the other boys as if he, himself, wasn’t the first one to be distracted. In fact, he had the shortest attention span among the four of them. His attention span matched that of an ant. It was amusing and scary at the same time.

“Says the one who got distracted first.” Wonshik scoffed.

“That’s not the case.” Hongbin interrupted before the two could start arguing. “We should go and look for Taekwoon hyung and Hyukkie again. Poor Hyukkie...” He let out a sigh. “I cannot believe that I forgot about my best friend for a few minutes.” He almost started crying again while playing with his own little fingers. He was looking at the ground sadly.

Jaehwan pouted, not liking the fact that a friend of his was sad. “It’s okay, Binnie. I am sure that we will find them soon.” He reached for Hongbin using his cute pair of short arms. “We just have to continue searching for them. We should hurry. Hyukkie must be scared.” He stated as if he was not one of the reasons why Sanghyuk was so scared of being paired up with Sanghyuk—as if he did not babble nonsensical scary things to Sanghyuk earlier that day.

“Where should we start searching for them?” Wonshik asked. They had plans and all but they did not have a starting point. But then again, they would be distracted before they even start so why bother so much?

“How about we buy cotton candy first?” Jaehwan pointed at the colorful cotton candies that were sold at a certain stall. Then, he patted his stomach cutely. “I am hungry. I’m a growing boy so I need to eat a lot. My dad said that growing boys eat a lot! Then, I can become a man just by eating.” He made exaggerated hand gestures then jumped on his place happily.

“Okay!” Wonshik nodded his head for a few times, satisfied with Jaehwan’s suggestion. Even Hongbin, who was crying a few seconds ago, was nodding along. “Who will pay?” Wonshik asked. With that said, the heads of the younger ones turned to the eldest—Hakyeon.

“What? Me?” Hakyeon pointed at himself, looking at the three in disbelief. “But I don’t have money.”

Jaehwan shook his head, giving Hakyeon a pointed look. “But no. Mom and dad said that if you are older, you usually have to pay for the snacks or foods of younger people. I am five.” He showed Hakyeon his five fingers to emphasize his point. “You are turning six soon, right?”

Hakyeon pursed his lips, contemplating. Jaehwan had a point and even if Hakyeon was not the nicest kid, he followed the rules and traditions that his parents had taught him. He threw his hands up the air, surrendering. “Okay, I will buy cotton candy for the three of you.” He said in defeat.

“Yay!” The three younger boys cheered.

Wonshik threw an arm around Hakyeon. “This is why I love you, Hakyeon hyung!” He exclaimed. That moment, his hatred towards Hakyeon was forgotten. Even Hongbin’s hatred towards Hakyeon was forgotten. It should have been heartwarming and people should have been teary-eyed while witnessing such a sight. But that was not the case. The four kids had forgot one important thing once again. They had, once again, forgotten their mission to find Sanghyuk and Taekwoon.

 

Sanghyuk could only watch Taekwoon. Sure, the pigs were interesting but he saw a much rarer view. The poker-faced Taekwoon was actually smiling and laughing at the pigs! Even if Sanghyuk tried to focus on the pigs, his eyes kept on going to the scary guy who was laughing. You could not blame the kid, it really was unusual for Taekwoon to show emotions—let alone to smile or to laugh.

“Why?” Taekwoon asked Sanghyuk in his usual soft voice. His tone was not sharp or threatening but it still made Sanghyuk scared. Taekwoon had never really talked to him directly. Sanghyuk did not even dream of Taekwoon talking to him yet it was happening.

Sanghyuk shook his head in a rapid manner, waving his little arms around in a weird motion. “N-no reason.” He replied. “The pigs are cute, right?” He decided to change the topic.

Unexpectedly, Taekwoon let out a little chuckle, his eyes were staring at the pigs once again. “Yes, they are.” He said, smiling at the pigs.

Sanghyuk gasped a little when Taekwoon replied to his question with a smile. Perhaps, was the world facing its end? Or was Sanghyuk just going insane? But no, he was too young to die because of the end of the world and too young to go insane. Right, maybe Taekwoon was the one going insane? That was a big possibility—at least to Sanghyuk.

Taekwoon looked at Sanghyuk in confusion when he heard the latter gasp. “What?” He asked. He really could not understand why the other kids were acting so weird around him. Sometimes—every time—he felt like he was the only normal one in the kindergarten. The kids just loved stuttering around him.

Sanghyuk visibly gulped for who knew how many times that day. “N-nothing.” He stuttered out his response, looking at everywhere but Taekwoon’s sharp eyes. “I-I was just looking at the pigs.” He reasoned out but that was obviously a lie.

Taekwoon gave Sanghyuk a one last judging glance before dropping his gaze back to the pigs and shrugging his shoulders. He did not really care. Sanghyuk could do whatever he wanted and Taekwoon would not have any interest. All of a sudden, a familiar aroma filled Taekwoon’s nose. It was the aroma of the thing that he loved the most—coffee. Despite being a five year-old, his love for coffee was already strong. Without saying anything, he hastily took his his money from his pocket. With a small satisfied smile, he started running towards the stall that sold coffee.

Sanghyuk blinked his eyes, confused because of Taekwoon’s actions. “W-wait, don’t run, you might trip.” He called out but it was too late. The next thing he knew, Taekwoon was on the ground, clutching his short left leg. Sanghyuk could only gasp in a loud, exaggerated manner before running towards Taekwoon. “Hyung, are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?” He worriedly asked. For a moment, he forgot that he was scared of Taekwoon and that older kid’s glares. Sanghyuk forgot about his nightmares because he was sure that Taekwoon needed his help. “Can you stand?” Sanghyuk asked again.

Taekwoon nodded his head, his face showing a painful expression. Then, he tried to stand up but the pain shot his legs so he ended up sitting down once again. He looked at Sanghyuk before looking at the ground in shame. He had never tripped in front of other kids from his kindergarten before. To make things worse, it seemed like he also sprained himself.

“But teacher is nowhere to be found! We have to get you back to the bus.” Sanghyuk panicked, scratching his own head. An idea then popped into his mind. He was taller than Taekwoon anyway so he bet he could do it. Hastily, he kneeled in front of Taekwoon—his back faced the older kid. “Hyung, hurry and get on my back. Let’s return to bus. I’ll carry you.”

Taekwoon stared at Sanghyuk’s back wordlessly for a whole ten seconds. He did not know what to do. He just wanted to go back home and hide but to do that, he would need Sanghyuk’s help. “Is it okay?” He asked with his usual soft voice. Only that day did Sanghyuk realized that the reason why Taekwoon had a soft voice was because he was too shy to speak out loud. “I’m a bit heavy…” Taekwoon added.

“It’s okay, hyung.” Sanghyuk assurred Taekwoon with a small smile. “Let’s head to the bus together.”

Taekwoon nodded his head even though Sanghyuk was not looking at him. Then, he wrapped his short arms around Sanghyuk’s neck. He realized that Sanghyuk was not a bad kid after all. And Sanghyuk found out that the scary Taekwoon was actually a softy.

Sanghyuk slowly stood up, holding Taekwoon’s legs tightly so that the boy would not fall. That moment, Sanghyuk knew that Taekwoon could only depend on him so he had to be strong enough to carry the older boy back to the bus. He started walking in a slow manner, making sure that Taekwoon would be comfortable enough. Without them knowing, a beautiful friendship had started.

 

Meanwhile…

“I feel like we forgot something.” Hakyeon said as he filled his mouth with the blue cotton candy that he bought. “Or am I being weird.”

“You’re being weird. Surely, you’re just being weird.” Jaehwan replied, his mouth was also filled with cotton candy. Hongbin and Wonshik both nodded, agreeing with Jaehwan as they also ate some snacks that they made Hakyeon buy.


Author's Note: 

I combined the two parts already! What do you think about it?

Special thanks to the ones who upvoted, love_kris, Hala-bear, Karenkitty1092, tulip97, JojoT3 and kawaiihyuk, thank you so much! It means a lot to me.