Chapter 1

Joy's Cold Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here's your pay. I'm sorry but please don't come tomorrow. You're fired." the man said giving an envelope to a girl.

The girl accepts the paycheck and leaves.

"That's my third job this week." she sighs "No." she shakes her head and added "I can do this!" cheering her self.

Then she went in at a famous coffee shop and sat there. She looked around and took a long deep breath. She grinned holding her smile back. Few moments later, she went to the counter to order something.

"What's your order, Miss?" the clerk asked

Then she looked at the menu, she can't hold back her happiness. When she was about to order she looked at her paycheck and her smile turned into frown in an instant. Her money wasn't even enough for anything in the menu, not even the cheapest coffee.

"So what will you have, Miss?" the clerk asked again.

So she just shook her head and left with such long face. She was about a bit far from the shop when someone comes and stops her.

"Here, Miss." a female worker from the coffee shop reached out and gave her a cup and smile then left.

"Thank you."

As she was walking home with her head down, she thinks to her self

"I only wanted to be behind a coffee maker machine and make coffee all day. I really like smelling coffee beans. Is being good in making coffee bad?" then she releases a deep sigh.

When she arrived at her apartment she saw men, removing her things in her unit.

"Wh-wha-what are you doing those are my things!" she screamed out.

"Yes. They are. But this unit is not your anymore. You need to go. You're late 4 months in rent." the landlady bursted out gesturing her to leave.

So she picked up her things and a picture frame and dusted it off then left. She was walking again aimlessly and sat a bench in the park. She looked at the picture she was holding.

"Mom, Dad, What should I do?" she asked with tears in her eyes

"Joy? Is that you?" a voice called out.

"Son Wendy?" Joy says as she turns and see her long time friend.

"Park Joy!" Wendy replied screaming in excitement. "How are you? And what's with those bags? Huh?!" Wendy added as she hugs her friend

"Ah?! These? I was kicked out by my landlady. But I'll be fine." Joy replies as she was released from Wendy's warm hug.

"What?! Do you need help? Or anything?! Just say the word." Wendy offers and sits beside her

"No. I think I'm fine." Joy declines as she wipes her tears.

Then Wendy notices Joy's paycheck.

"Is that your paycheck?" Wendy asked

"Yeah. I was about to pay my rent but this wasn't enough. And the mere fact that I was fired from that job will make unable to pay further debts." Joy explained

"Hmm. If you're looking for a job then I can help you with that. But first since you don't have anywhere to stay." Wendy pauses and started to drag Joy and her bags to her place.

"For now. You'll be staying here." Wendy said as she shows Joy her flat.

"You really want me to stay here? How much is the rent? I'll do the chores. I'll can cook simple dishes only." Joy talks hastefully.

But then Wendy just stopped her.

"Joy. You're my friend and it's fine for you to live here. Just take it easy." Wendy calms her friend

"But, but, but." Joy stutters

"No buts. Just think of this as a favor. Don't worry you can repay me one day." Wendy laughs. And the two of them talked the day through.

Then the next morning, Joy woke up without Wendy in sight. As Joy was searching around she smelled the food and went there to eat. There she saw a letter addressing to her from Wendy.

'Hearing you getting fired from your job, I thought about offering you the job at my workplace. Here's the address.'

Upon reading the letter, Joy smiled and ate then prepared to leave. She walked and walked in search of the address given by her friend, when she stumbled upon a huge mansion. It was so big that she felt that she was so insignificant. She stopped at the gate and looked around, when it suddenly opened. The leading car hit the breaks when it noticed Joy was standing at the driveway. The driver went out furiously and was about to lash out on Joy. But then the driver's passenger went out to calm him down.

"Driver, please calm down. You don't have to scold her too much." the man said then he turn to Joy. "Are you alright? Weren't you hurt?" he asked

Joy looked at him and blushed. He was still young, the same age as her, his eyes were sharp yet gentle, his voice was cold but still has this certain vibe that make her swooned. Joy shook this feeling with her head.

"Are you hurt? Where?" the man asked

Joy shook her head again then stood up saying:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter