Inner wishes

In-versed

*Hello! I'm back with another chapter, and I don't know what to say anymore so, yeah, enjoy!

*Aju nice!

*I'm a fan of epik high as well, being a yg stan, so, those fellow fans like me probably knows from what song of them the lyrics below came from, right? Let's rap together!

 

No mercy, no remorse

To all the crazy s who trampled on me and betrayed me

All the tricksters who are after my neck

I’ll left my glass up high

Victory toast

Like a boss

Success is my revenge

My venomous happiness is bigger revenge than holding a grudge

My smiling family looks way better than the blood tears of my enemy

You may wanna see me fall down but

Sorry, I’m good

 

It was a normal Friday night, with him taking his part on the stage as an entertainer in a private bar owned by a close friend of him, by performing lyrics he wrote himself, rapping like he had always used to, like he always wanted to. Since he was a kid, he had always admired those who sing their heart out, those who creates such beautiful melodies and plays it using pretty instruments he couldn’t afford to buy.

But money is not the sole problem.

He had always admired his parents since the day he could hear properly and hum tunes in his little lips. When they were together every Saturday and Sunday nights, his father would play his guitar while his mother would sing along the tune; him on the other hand would simply watch and clap at the end of each song. It had always made him felt giddy, that at times he sings along despite of the voice cracks here and there making the other two laugh and coo at their son’s cuteness. And now he regrets it when at that young age, he couldn’t do anything to hold the pillars from crumbling fast in front of his own eyes.

After that day, the guitar that he had grown attached to, even the old albums that they have collected were all sold by his father, despite of his cries of protests.

After that day, his father had never sung again.

Feeling the strong tap on his shoulder made him stop in the middle of his performance and out of his train of thoughts, hand pointing toward the dj at the other end of the room for the track to be changed into electro or dub step to avert the crowd’s attention from his sudden halt.

“Why, what’s wrong Wonwoo?”

“Hyung, your father’s outside, the guys have helped in holding him back from entering and breaking into this party but I think you need to come with him, or he would never leave. It might cause a great ruckus if ever he actually makes it inside.”

“Thanks man, and sorry ‘bout this. I’ll make sure to come here next week.”

“Don’t worry about the work; it looks like you really need to clear things to him. Or you might not even be able to come back.”

He should have seen this coming, when he had seen his father looking at his lyric pad, he should have guessed that he would actually observe and find out what his son is up to. He didn’t expect it to be this quick though, since he’s sure he had made an unquestionable excuse, of working as a part-time delivery man of an old Chinese cuisine restaurant that Wonwoo’s family own as well.

But he should have known better when it’s his father they’re talking about.

As he reached the exit, feeling the cold midnight breeze attacking his bare arms, nodding towards the men who works for the security of Wonwoo and the business, he saw the figure of his father sitting on his black Audi, billows of smoke escaping his lips for the last time before throwing what remains of his cigarette to the ground, stepping on it harder than usual.

“Get in the car.”

Without waiting for an answer, his father had already entered the driver’s seat that all he could do is obey first than reason out or it would cause more trouble for his friend, and he still respects his father despite of the fact that he’s not happy with the things he’s doing now. He’s still his flesh and blood after all.

He would probably get scolded, or even punched. His father might even find ways to get him banned from the bar. But with everything’s that’s happening now, with the limited places he could go because of the current situation, with the life that he should be living now, music is the only way he could find escape from misery and make him remember the world where his mother belonged to.

Perhaps, he would try to protect those memories from fading for them both.

--

Settling on top of the private facility that he had been watching closely a few nights before was something he did not expect, and the thought of probable reasons why he’s brought here directly made him shiver, afraid that he was suspected of being a spy or-

His thoughts were broken as he felt warm soft feathers wrapped around him lightly, protecting his from the breeze of autumn, and he wanted to say that he was shivering out of fear and not because he was feeling cold, but enjoying the same feeling of being huddled in soft and cozy blanket at home made him shut his lips tight. He’ll take this opportunity to ask about the guy, of where he came from and his name perhaps.

As fast as he had thought of the idea though, as fast as he lost it after hearing voices calling out to them. As the wings were retracted by its owner, he saw figures in black suits coming their way, though one of them were quite different with his light blue hair and light gray eyes. He then looked back at his guide who just smiled back and led him to go nearer the waiting persons in sight.

Right now, rather than afraid, he’s more curious, especially after noticing the gills on the blue-haired guy’s neck as he stretched it right and left after yawning which got the said being a scolding from what seems to be his superior.

“I told you guys to rest earlier and you ignored it, so stop yawning right now or I would give you much harder task than what you’ll be doing today.”

“Fine, fine. You got rejected by Sir Ren that you’re just pouring it out on us, right? Tsk, tsk, tsk.”

Glaring now at the younger guy, the black-haired man raised his hand and was about to hit the other’s head if it wasn’t for the only girl among the group who slapped the two guys at the same time, earning a laughter from the one behind Mingyu.

“Yah Minghao! You shouldn’t be laughing now; you should be siding with me! I just said the truth Ailee noona, why did you hit meeeee?”

“Oh just shut up Hoshi. He’s here now.”

Sensing the superior aura coming from her, Mingyu decided to bow and say stuttered greetings, enough for her to laugh and call out to them to follow her towards the insides of the building.

But he stayed on the spot, unsure of whether to follow or run away, but looking around and seeing no way of escape, he decided to hold onto what they called Minghao that might made him look wary of the situation, but they couldn’t blame him though. They wouldn’t say they are safe to spend times with, nor are they dangerous enough for civilians like him.

“It would take quite some time for you to trust us, I see. But don’t worry, that’s not the most important case right now.”

They are inside of what seems to be a glass elevator, and he could clearly see what’s in every floor, and if not for his fear at the moment, he would be asking tons of questions already.

“Hearing about what the chief has to say is more important, so I hope you wouldn’t mind staying here for a little longer. And don’t worry, your parents are already informed about this so they’re not worried anymore.”

“What… what do you mean by staying for long?”

“Everything would be much clearer once we reach the underground floor so, be a little more patient, alright?”

“If this is about my night explorations of the city and staying near this facility then I could explain a-”

“Oh Mr. Kim, don’t worry about that. But if I may say, you’re quite a risk-taker for your age, wanting to escape from the border just to see what the world before has changed into. You’re really just like him.”

Curiosity at peak, Mingyu was about to throw more inquiries, but feeling a warm hand touch his arm, the same hand that brought him here earlier, he decided to keep his thoughts to himself. Looking to the guy beside him and seeing the smile that seems to say ‘it will be fine’, he took the hand and hold it tightly, eyes fixed forward and ready to face whoever the man is that’s behind all of these. It’s unusual for him to warm up easily to any person, especially if he just met him for such a short period. But he couldn’t stop himself from trusting the young man. Perhaps it was the smile, or the gentle manners.

All he knows right now is he could trust him. He wants to.

--

“Throw that foolish ideas and start working for real, that useless job won’t pay the bills. And I allowed you to get a work in the central district because of the high pay, not to give you an excuse for that pathetic-”

“You only care about the money that I will bring in, right? I am contributing properly, didn’t I? So why are you asking me to stop now when I have a job with salary enough to-”

“We’re not arguing anymore, you’ll quit that job or I’ll have you take something near the border.”

“Why… why do you want to kill my dreams as well?!”

“That stupid dream? That dream that took your mother away from us? She had thrown this, us, for the sake of that sudden stardom that did not even last long because of the infection that spread, and she did not even allow us to see her, and chose to stay here together with that damn manager and staff of hers, slowly dying in that damn music studio and you’re asking why do I want to end that stupidity of yours as early as now?!”

Seungcheol already knows. Ever since the day his father stopped playing the guitar, that he was totally hurt from his wife choosing the limelight and forgetting about her family as easy as that, just to have her dream since her youth to get fulfilled.

It was a totally not smart move when he had easily let his frustrations in front of his father, knowing how he was broken from that day that until now the pieces that got shattered were still unfixed.

He should have stopped himself, yet he couldn’t bear to stop the only thing that males the memories of the life before all the wreck and ruins take over. He couldn’t let go. He wonder If ever he could even let  that go.

“Dad… please not this. I’ve been following you ever since, so… please… let this one slide. Let this stay, I want to keep those memories, I want to…”

And he wonders when was the last time he had actually cried this much, not because of the punch that landed on his right cheek, not because his shoulder had hit the corner of a wooden table before falling completely on the floor. It was all out of the pain that lingers within, something that have never healed all these years. He knew of the infection, but his young age made him felt helpless. He had been hurt when she left, but it never meant that he had stopped loving her and looking up to her as a mother.

No one would be able to take over that place.

“Don’t try to disobey me, and if ever you try to, you know that I’ll know about your every action so don’t even think of trying. Or escaping. The borders would always keep us here, even if you start working outside the central district. I’ll take a rest now. Stop crying and man up. I won’t help you even if you breakdown in front of me, but I’m still your father, so know your place.”

He heard the retreating steps of his father, yet he didn’t dare move and go to his room, despite of seeing the time on his wristwatch that calls out for him to sleep and forget for a while. He can’t though. Taking a can of chilled root beer from the kitchen and placing it on his bruised cheek that would be filled with shades of black and blue later for sure, he left the house without looking back.

Perhaps, he would be deciding later on whether he’d perform for the last time or never go home.

--

“What’s with Woozi? He seems a little cranky lately.”

“A little? When was the time that grouchy boy even been in a good mood? Are you joking right now?”

“No, I’m serious. This is not normal.”

“And how did you-”

“He broke Joshua’s guitar.”

“Oh no, we should ask for serious help.”

They were about to do their plan to help their comrade when the subject of their talk showed up in front of them, light lavender eyes boring holes onto their heads.

“If anyone looks for me, tell them to go to hell. Do you understand?”

“What if it’s-”

“I don’t care, just tell them what I said!”

And with that he walked away towards the training simulation room, not even looking back once. And the two boys who are supposed to be the brightest ones among the bunch cooped up within the facility together with Hoshi who’s on a task of his own, namely Seungkwan and Dokyeom, can’t even brush off the murderous aura that emanates from their small comrade, and with that, they ran off towards where the others are supposed to be at the moment to ask for help.

An angry Woozi means a broken training room that would mean fixing of the remains by the whole group.

They wouldn’t allow that at the moment, since they’re sure with the news that reached them, there are more tribulations they’ll be facing and handling the bubblegum pink-haired boy is just as harsh as facing a morphed being outside the wall.

“Where are these guys when you need them?”

“They might have seen Woozi and are hiding right now, or worse, are already killed by him!”

“Stupid, Woozi might be dangerous at the moment but that doesn’t mean he’ll do that. He’s still a ball of fluff after all. There might be something that really irked him so much to be like this again.”

Before Dokyeom could answer, they saw the figure of Ren, one of their computer technology professors coming their way, looking a little annoyed as well and they wondered if they’re the only ones at the building who don’t have an idea of what blues had taken over the people within.

“Seungkwan, Dokyeom, have you seen Woozi? I’ve been looking for him all over the place.”

“Um.. he said that, if anyone looks for him, they could just… go to hell.”

With this the pretty man just laughed, genuine as how they have always seen him. They were not surprised though. Woozi has always been the best student when it come to technicalities, planning and the like, so no wonder that their professor adores him as much as they admire him and Hoshi making fun of him.

“I guess I need to spend on coffee ice cream again. Thank you boys, I guess I know where to find him now.”

“Be careful sir!”

He just laughed again, waved at them and walked straight ahead. No matter how tiring the days are, being around these kids who might be much stronger than them and treated by the government as nothing but secret weapons for survival of the human race, to him who knows them better and had spend years with them personally knows that they, unlike what the higher-ups would see,  are simply children at heart that are missing what would it feel to have a family and a normal life.

If only they are given the freedom to live outside the facility, but he knows better than to push his idea further.

 

 

*I'm sorry for those who ship meanie, don't worry they have their own moments later as the story goes, I ship them as well, but I also ship wonwoo with hoshi, mingyu with minghao, and mingyu with woozi. I guess there are others out there who understand why. You wouldn't have any idea who'll end up with who yet, and as I say, this is not about their romantic relationships alone, but I hope you'll stay and keep on reading and keep on waiting 'cause I'm guessing this story would be quite long.

*Thank you for passing by!

#slip.in.to.the.diamond.life