intro...kinda

Light Rain

"W-what are you saying?" A confused Baekhyun asks as he shoves a piece of toast in his mouth before rushing to get his shoes on. 

"What I'm saying is that today you need to go through the ceremony to become a proper adult in this family." Baekhyun's mother says as she follows behind the boy struggling to get his shoes on. She sighs. Watching the boy in front of her makes her believe that there is no need for such a time consuming ceremony when her son is as childish and clumsy as one could possibly get. She snaps out of her thoughts when Baekhyun yelps. "What's wrong, are you ok?" She asks worriedly.

"I tripped." Is what he replies with, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment whilst is mother helps him up.

"Well, anyway you should take the ceremony into consideration, I suggest that you do it straight after school." His mother's voice now had a more serious tone to it, but it was still kind. 

"Yeah, yeah" Baekhyun uttered, turning to his right as he saw a man in a suit enter his vision. 

"Sir, the car is ready." The butler says monotonously. Baekhyun looks at his mother and smiles. 

"Come home safe." Mrs. Byun says, going to give Baekhyun a hug. He nods afterwards and walks towards the front door. 

"Don't worry I will, I mean why wouldn't I-" He was cut off suddenly as he fell face-first onto the floor. 

 

Mrs. Byun's son really was childish and clumsy.

 

 


 

 

The driver stopped the car in front of the school, saying a quick "We have arrived sir." before getting out and opening the door for Baekhyun. With a tissue held to his nose, Baekhyun stepped out of the car and draped one strap of his backpack over his right shoulder. "Have a nice day sir." The driver meekly says before Baekhyun ushers him back into the car with a smile. "You too."

Baekhyun turns around, looks at the huge building behind him and discards the bloodied tissue into a nearby bin. It was another day at the university he hated so much. 

Seoul Star University; one of the top 5 most prestigious universities in the whole of Korea. As a high class education institution, the students that attend this school are bound to achieve the highest scores in the nation. There is only one problem however, and Baekhyun is the only student in the whole school that believes that this is an actual problem. 

Commoners. 

Working-class people.

Poor people.

The words alone send chills down Baekhyun's spine. he hates them with a passion. Don't get me wrong, Baekhyun is not an arrogant, pompous, spoilt brat ok let's not deny the fact that he is most probably spoiled. He just hates those type of people because of something that happened in his childhood. Baekhyun is lucky that he belongs to one of the wealthiest families in Korea, the issue with commoners was dealt with due to his mother being the biggest shareholder at Seoul Star University. The school was instead separated into two parts by the dean, the two segments were named A and B. The A half of the school would be for the rich and talented students, whilst the latter half was for normal students with mediocre grades and families. 

People have thought that the dean is unfair and prejudiced, but nobody makes any comments on what he does because the grades that the students receive speak for themselves. The governors of the school even think that this division will keep students in segment B motivated to join segment A. Though, it isn't that easy to get into segment A as it is home to the top 5% in the nation. Some students wont even dream about attending Seoul Star University. Baekhyun however, is just happy with the fact that there are only a few 'commoners' in his segment of the school. 

 


 

Baekhyun is out of breath as he walks towards the school entrance. "Why the hell are the school gates 100 meters away from the campus?" He whispers to himself. It's when he hears a squeal and the loud noises coming from a large crowd of people in front of him that he stops in his tracks and gets distracted by what's happening. 

Poking his head up and standing on his tiptoes, Baekhyun attempts to see what is in the middle of the sea of people, and sure enough, what he sees is not an unusual occurrence. Park Chanyeol, the most popular boy in the school. He has girls and boys falling head over heels for him left and right. Today was just another day where a girl confesses her love for Chanyeol, gets rejected, cries, and gets comforted by said boy. It wasn't a rare sight to see him hug and apologize to those that he had just rejected, in fact, it was more like something Baekhyun had gotten use to seeing on a daily basis. 

Park Chanyeol is not a playboy. He does not go around taking advantage of his looks and picking up chicks like they are Pokemon. His father is the second richest man in the whole of Asia and yet, he doesn't flaunt his riches or show off about the new car that he just bought. Park Chanyeol is a very humble person, and to others, he may seem like a very perfect person. 

Baekhyun scoffs at the sight in front of him. What's so good about him in the first place? "Why do these people confess to him when they know that they will get rejected anyway?" He murmurs to himself as he walks away from the ocean of cheering and "Aw's." 

"Most of them do it for the hugs." Hearing the familiar voice behind him, Baekhyun turns around to see his best friend and classmate, Do Kyungsoo. Baekhyun jumps onto him and screams "Yo yo yo Kyungiiee what's poppin' "

"What the hell-" Kyungsoo says as he struggles to get the boy off of him. "Do you wanna die?" he threatens. Baekhyun moves less when he manages to successfully climb onto Kyungsoo's back. "Do YOU want to die? Give me a piggyback to class, I'm  tired." Baekhyun says as he buries his head into the back of his friend's neck. Kyungsoo giggles when Baekhyun detaches himself from him just before he begins to move and walks ahead. "You're slow." Is what he hears before he finds himself running after his friend and smiling. Little did Kyungsoo know that someone was watching him from afar, planning on how they would meet in the future.


Baekhyun and Kyungsoo sat at their designated seats, at the back of the class in the right corner, next to each other. In front of them sat the class clown, Jongdae; better known as Chen. Next to him sat Jongin, who is as playful as Chen, but quieter, and the person sitting beside him was a shorter guy named Minseok.

Next to Baekhyun is his cousin, Luhan. 

Luhan is a Chinese exchange student who was sent to Korea to get closer to his family there. But he very rarely talks, and he only speaks to teachers when they ask him a question. Even Baekhyun is confused as to why Luhan almost never talks to him - or anyone - but he doesn't bother to pry for the truth because he knows he'll never get an answer. At first, people just thought he didn't know any Korean, but he proved everyone wrong when he got first place in the Korean literature exam. Luhan is a truly mysterious person. 

"Hey, do you guys wanna get lunch with me?" Chen asks, turning around on his chair to face the people behind him. 

"I'm up for it." Minseok agrees

"Yeah sure." Baekhyun replies, "Kyungie, getting lunch with us or...?" Kyungsoo jumps from the sudden question and looks up from the book he's reading. 

"Ok." He says meekly, going back to read the book that he was totally engrossed in. Baekhyun turns to the seat on his left and repeats Chen's question.

"Wanna get lunch with us?" Luhan nods his head as a way of accepting the invitation. "Cool." Baekhyun says, as he goes back to minding his own business. 

The chatter in the class died down when a certain someone entered the room, all eyes were on him as he smiled at everyone and sat down at his seat at the front left corner of the room, next to his Best friend Oh Sehun. The sound of people giggling and talking about Chanyeol began to fill the room. 

Yep. Just another normal day at Seoul Star University.


It was around noon when the bell for lunch rang, causing the corridors to be filled with the student body as they all rushed to the canteen. One thing Baekhyun's mother didn't have power over was the eating times and facilities. During lunch, students from Segment A and B are able to mingle with each other in the canteen, but because Baekhyun is one of the richest people in the school, he has his own table for him and his friends to eat at. And that was the table they were eating at now.

"Hey do you guys think I'm fat or chubby?" Minseok asks, looking down at his belly.

"You wouldn't need to ask if you stopped eating so much." Baekhyun says, earning a death glare from Minseok as he stuffs his face with a sandwich. "Fatass." He mumbles under his breath.

"Excuse me? you eat twice as much as I do in a week, in two days. " Minseok retaliates, causing people around them to laugh. 

"Can you two stop? You guys don't even look remotely fat." Chen says as he sets his tray down on the table, taking the vacant seat beside Minseok. 

"Shut up you dinosaur." Baekhyun says, causing a wild Jonghyun to appear.

"Excuse you?" Jonghyun questions, holding his lunch tray in his arms.

"Not you, the other one."

"Hmph." Jonghyun sassily flips his imaginary long hair and walks away. 

"Umm, what just happened?" Jongin asks before he sitting down at the same table, Kyungsoo following shortly after him. 

"Nothing much really." Chen says, passing Minseok some of his food. 

Suddenly Luhan stands up and everyone on the table jumps in shock, catching the attention of a few people from other tables. "Where the hell did you come from? You scared me." Jongin says, holding his hand to his chest.

"He was here the whole time." Baekhyun says, and Luhan bows to show that he had finished his meal, before walking away. Baekhyun waved at his cousin.

"You can understand him?" Minseok asks. 

"Well yeah, kinda."

The rest of lunch consisted of Chen making crappy jokes, Jongin making funny faces in order to make Kyungsoo laugh and Baekhyun and Minseok bickering here and there. 


 

A/N 

Oh lawd what have I done, this is a terrible first chapter haha, but let's all anticipate the next chapter shall we?

Thanks for all the support so far :))

Hello K_reed97, Kay_blanco and Myunghosidechick!