The Fateful Meeting

Only You

2 years. It had been 2 ing years. And yet Baekhyun hadn’t confessed. To be honest, he didn’t really want to. He didn’t want to be like everyone else. Baekhyun did not want to admit it, that others also liked him. Baekhyun wanted to be the only one. But who was he kidding? He could never be good enough for someone like Chanyeol.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

It had been Baekhyun’s dream for 2 years already. To be able to hold Chanyeol in his arms. To smell the scent of Chanyeol’s skin. To feel Chanyeol’s warmth. To at least talk to him. However, Baekhyun was a coward. A coward that could never be measured to someone like Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was popular. He was funny, tall, charming, had glittery eyes and one hell of a smile. Basically, he was Korea’s Prince Charming. There was not a girl in school that had not been swooned by his presence. Baekhyun could swear that just a smile from Chanyeol could make a girl pregnant.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand, wasn’t that much. He was short, clumsy, and was the most awkward person that had ever lived on earth. How could someone like him end up with someone like Chanyeol?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun? Yah, Baekhyun!”
Baekhyun snapped out of his daydreaming, and instead focused on the person sitting on the other side of the table. The other person’s round eyes went even wider in wonder of how Baekhyun could just daze out like that.

 

“, sorry Kyungsoo. What did you say?”
Baekhyun’s face got a color of dark red. How could he fall out of a conversation so quickly? Lately he has been daydreaming more often than usual.

 

“There's no meaning in saying it all over again.” Kyungsoo sighed. “I just asked you about my problem with Jongin. Should I apologize or not?” He crossed his arms and waited for Baekhyun’s reply. If Baekhyun remembered correctly, then Kyungsoo had flipped out over Jongin hanging around his ex-girlfriend. Honestly, Baekhyun didn’t like it either, but he knew Jongin and Jongin would not cheat on Kyungsoo, no matter what reason. He was a good kid. That, and Baekhyun was aware that Kyungsoo was extremely hot tempered.

 

“Well, to be honest, you already know that Jongin would never cheat, so stop being a drama queen, it up and apologize. He’s not straight anymore, Kyungsoo.” While Kyungsoo went on a rant about not being a drama queen or whatever, he walked in.

 

Park Chanyeol walked into the cafeteria with grace written all over him. All Baekhyun could do was to stare at the perfection. Chanyeol’s hair was swept to the side, a different look than usual, and Baekhyun loved it. To be honest, he liked it better than Chanyeol’s usual look. Not that Chanyeol’s “usual” look wasn’t good. Normally, Chanyeol looked like an angel. However, there was just something about the hair that aroused Baekhyun.

 

He was wearing black pants and a white t-shirt. How the ing hell can someone look so damn good in that, Baekhyun thought to himself while he the corner of his lips. A guy stepped over to Chanyeol, Yixing, Baekhyun believed his name was, leaned towards Chanyeol’s ear, and whispered something. Too close Yixing. Too close, Baekhyun thought with a clump of jealousy forming in his stomach.

 

Chanyeol turned his head quickly in Baekhyun’s direction and holy he’s looking over here, don't up Byun Baekhyun, I will kill you if you do! Baekhyun couldn’t think of anything to do but smile. Smile the stupidest and most awkward smile he could make, because he didn’t know how to handle such a situation. The corner of Chanyeol’s mouth turned up and Baekhyun felt so much joy in that moment. Then Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol’s best friend, Kris, run past him. The joy quickly formed into a mix of sadness, jealousy and oh the embarrassment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a long day in school, the bell finally rang. It had started raining, and Baekhyun had been a total up and forgot his umbrella that was lying in front of his house. Not only that, but he also forgotten to get his jacket when walking out of the classroom, which by now was closed. Luckily, he was wearing a thick hoodie, so it wasn’t too bad.

 

A familiar voice stopped Baekhyun from walking. He closed his eyes and took in what sounded like an angel.

 

“I don’t know, dude. I prefer eyeliner.” Baekhyun wasn’t good at making out words, especially in heavy rain, but Chanyeol’s voice was so deep and perfect that he just knew. Park Chanyeol preferred girls with eyeliner? Could this be a new way to make him notice Baekhyun? Baekhyun knows he’s gay, but eyeliner? He stood the for a few minutes, contemplating the thought. Well, if Chanyeol likes eyeliner, then Baekhyun could give it a shot.

 

Baekhyun ran at full speed to the mall, and went into the first make-up store he could see. He started scanning the walls filled with lipstick, eye shadow and much more. Lost. He was lost. Where is the eyeliner? Baekhyun was so occupied with his eyeliner problem, that he visibly jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

 

A beautiful girl stood beside him. Her hair was black and curly, but her face had a pale color to it. A nametag below her left shoulder caught his eye. It was filled with flowers and a name in the middle that read “Taeyeon”. The girl was looking up at him and a little smile spread on her lips.

 

“Is there anything I can help you with, sir?” Taeyeon had a sweet voice and her eyes was smiling as she scanned Baekhyun’s figure. “Perhaps a gift for a girl?” Her voice had a teasing tone and she started picking out lipstick. Baekhyun didn’t know how to tell her. What was he supposed to say? Yes? No, I’m gay and it’s for me? After a minute of just standing there and staring awkwardly at her, he just made up something.

 

“No, it’s for my little sister. Her birthday is coming up and she wanted eyeliner, but I have no idea of what brand is the best.” Baekhyun knew he shouldn’t have been lying. He doesn’t even have a sister. But anything to save himself from the embarrassment.

 

“Is it today?” She stared at Baekhyun with a questionable look. Baekhyun just stared blankly at her. “I mean, since you are soaking wet, so I just assumed you were hurrying.” Taeyeon flashed him a grin, and Baekhyun’s cheeks got crimson red. He laughed nervously, but didn’t bother making up another lie. Meanwhile, Taeyeon pulled out a brand and handed it over to Baekhyun.

 

“Here, this is the brand that I use. I think it’s very good.” Taeyeon went behind the counter and tapped a few buttons on the screen. “That will be xxx won.” She turned to Baekhyun, holding her hand out to receive the money. Baekhyun got his wallet and paid. He sighed while thinking, how can it cost so much? Do they think I’m made out of money?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After paying for the (rather expensive) eyeliner, Baekhyun ran home. He greeted his mom before sprinting up to his room. Baekhyun’s room was nothing like his personality. As he was a clumsy, childish, awkward potato, his room was quite organized. The wall’s was painted grey with a blue-ish color to it, while the door and window frame was white. His king-sized bed was placed beside his window with only a nightstand standing between. On the right side of his door was a white desk filled with school stuff he didn’t want to focus on at the moment. At the door’s left side was an average bookshelf that was stuffed with everything from books to clothes.

 

Baekhyun pulled off his hoodie, which was rather difficult since it was so wet, and stepped out of his pants. He took a quick shower, in case he could catch a cold. Unfortunately, his older brother took his hairdryer by accident and now Baekhyun was stuck with wet hair.

 

Baekhyun lay down on his bed, going through everything that had happened that day. Nothing much really. At least nothing to brag about. Except seeing Chanyeol. Baekhyun was just lying on his bed for the next few minutes until his phone started buzzing. He picked it up and read the message.

 

From: Satansoo

I’m ing done with him baekhyun

 

A new one

 

From: Satansoo

So ing done

 

Baekhyun sighed.

 

To: Satansoo

Calm down. What happened ;-;

 

From: Satansoo

His ing ex-girlfriend happened. And the ing prince himself

 

Well this sounded fun. Another day dealing with Kyungsoo’s bull.

 

To: Satansoo

And what was it?

 

From: Satansoo

That kissed him and I saw it with my own eyes. Jongin just ing laughed it off and when I confronted him he said he didn’t care and he was still gonna be around her

 

Wait, what? Baekhyun thought. Jongin did what?

 

To: Satansoo

Okay, calm down Kyungsoo. I’m sure there has just been a misunderstanding.

 

From: Satansoo

Misunderstanding my . He’s a ing cheater and he can go her for all I care. I’m never gonna talk to him again. I’m just gonna throw his stuff on the lawn and go to bed

 

To: Satansoo

Classic break up, Soo. Why don’t u just wait for a bit? I’ll help ;-;

 

Nothing. Five minutes went by.

 

To: Satansoo

Kyungsoo?

 

Several minutes went by, but no new messages.

 

To: Puppy Eyes

Just a heads up; Kyungsoo is throwing all ur stuff on the lawn.

 

From: Puppy Eyes

I know. I'm here watching the show.

 

To: Puppy Eyes

U know u ed up right? Like big time?

 

From: Puppy Eyes

Why is it my fault I’m irresistible? I didn’t even do anything wrong. She kissed me. Not the opposite. She’s just a friend.

 

To: Puppy Eyes

Jongin. You can’t be friends with people who crush on u. Now. Get on ur ing knees and beg for Kyungsoo to take u back or never talk to him again. If u choose the latter, not only am I gonna make sure u never talk to him again. I’m gonna make sure u don’t look irresistible anymore

 

From: Puppy Eyes

Ouch that hurt Baekhyun. You’re a good best friend, you know that?

 

To: Puppy Eyes

Of course I know. Im the ing God of friendship. Now go get him back.

 

From: Puppy Eyes

Thanks ^_^

 

Drama. Every single ing day. How do they even manage to date like that? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun finally got his lazy to his desk, sat down in the black office chair and took out the eyeliner. He looked into the mirror placed over his desk and started checking out his eyes. Or rather his entire face. Baekhyun wouldn’t say he was ugly, but compared to Park Chanyeol he was nothing. Was it worth it? Baekhyun asked himself. Was a guy worth making the whole school sure about his ual orientation? Most people should know by now, so it.

 

Right before he opened the eyeliner, his phone buzzed.

 

From: Satansoo

Thanks..

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help smiling to himself. Kyungsoo was a big drama queen, but he was a great friend. One of the few people Baekhyun had known for several years.

 

Baekhyun took away his phone and opened the eyeliner. He started drawing over his eye. Four words fitted here. What the actual ? How do girls to this? How was a guy like Baekhyun supposed to do this? After wiping the make-up away, he tried again. And again. And again. One more time. He stayed like that for several hours. If he was going to do this then, , he was gonna do it right.

 

3 hours went by and Baekhyun could finally say that he was satisfied with his eyeliner skills. He looked at the clock and it was already 11pm. Baekhyun quickly wiped away the eyeliner, went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Baekhyun wasn’t quite comfortable with sleeping in pj’s so he just slept in his underwear. He lay down in his bed and pulled the duvet over himself. As usual, he would think about Chanyeol before he fell into a deep slumber. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was just like a dream. Baekhyun felt like his 2 year-long dream had finally come true. Chanyeol’s big hand was wrapped around Baekhyun’s smaller one, fingers entwined. They were walking down an empty street that Baekhyun wasn’t familiar with. There were stores on the side of the sidewalk. However, there was nothing inside the stores, but all Baekhyun could think of was the man beside him, walking close to Baekhyun, bumping shoulders against each other. There was no talking. Just silence. But not the kind of awkward “I want to die” silence, but the comfortable “let’s just enjoy each other’s presence” silence. They walked down the street that never seemed to end. Suddenly, Chanyeol stopped, pulling Baekhyun towards him, into a hug. Baekhyun being surprised would be an understatement, but he went along with it. Chanyeol pulled away slowly and lifted Baekhyun’s chin up so they could stare into each other’s eyes. It was a loving intense stare. Chanyeol started to bend down slowly with a tiny smile on his perfect shaped lips. It was so close, but at the same time, so far away. All Baekhyun wanted to do was to smash their lips together. Baekhyun put his small hand behind Chanyeol’s neck and started to pull him down…

 

An intense sound woke Baekhyun up from his dream. Noooooooo! Baekhyun screamed inwardly. So ing close! I will forever hate you alarm! I hope you burn in hell!

 

Baekhyun dragged himself out of his bed. Pulled on some nice-looking clothes, black pants and a white button up shirt, and sat down in front of the mirror. He looked at himself with tired eyes and opened up the eyeliner. This time it didn’t take that long to make a presentable line. Baekhyun went on and fixed the rest of his appearance, before he took one last look in the mirror. Okay, he admits. I look kind of amazingly y like this. He winked at himself and went downstairs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was getting his books out of his locker when someone suddenly jumped on him. (Yeah, literally jumped.) They both fell on the floor. Nice. Now his hurt like a . Not even needing to smell the cologne of the er that jumped on him, Baekhyun could already tell it was Jongdae. Kim ing Jongdae. The class troll.

 

Still being taken aback by the impact of another body, Baekhyun didn’t notice Jongdae’s blabbering. Only when his boyfriend, Minseok, lifted up Jongdae, did Baekhyun manage to understand what the just happened. Jongdae helped Baekhyun stand up and apologized for jumping on him.

 

“Wait. Are you wearing eyeliner, Baek? I know you’re gay, but eyeliner. Seriously?” Jongdae looked at him with a suspicious look and a hint of disappointment that one of his best friends had started wearing make-up of all things. Baekhyun just punched Jongdae’s shoulder and picked up his books. Jongdae yelped at the sudden gesture and Minseok chuckled while kissing his boyfriend’s temple.

 

“I’m just trying out new looks. I’ve been looking the same for too long. It’s good to switch from time to time.” Baekhyun argued. He knew he must have looked stupid, but everything for his crush.

 

“Let me guess,” Minseok said. “it’s all for Chanyeol, isn’t it?” Baekhyun’s cheeks heated up and he could feel the embarrassment eat him up like a sausage. Jongdae started laughing with his stupid dinosaur laugh.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want, but I’m not gonna give up! I’m a fighter, not a quitter.” Baekhyun said with all the pride he could find inside his heart and started walking off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To get to his classroom, Baekhyun had to go outside and walk around half the school, because of this new elevator being installed, and it was blocking the students’ way. Thanks to Jongdae, Baekhyun was behind everyone else, since he also had to deliver a paper to his teacher, Miss Park. Baekhyun was trying to hurry, in order to not be late (again). He turned the corner and the next thing he knew, he had bumped into someone and dropped all his books. Baekhyun shook his head to get out the dizziness. When he finally gained focus, he wished he hadn’t.

 

Chanyeol. Park ing Chanyeol was standing in front of him. He had just bumped into Park Chanyeol. He's so close. Chanyeol mirrored Baekhyun’s reflection of confusion and the former quickly bent down to pick up Baekhyun’s books.

 

“I am so sorry!” Chanyeol half-yelled. “I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you, you were suddenly just there and I’m so sorry. Did you get hurt? You didn’t get hurt did you? Should I take you to the nurse? Do you feel unwell? I’ll take you to the nurse. I’m so super sorry!” It was Baekhyun’s first time being talked to by Park Chanyeol and Chanyeol… was blabbering. Baekhyun chuckled and bent down to help pick up his stuff.

 

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun smiled, gaining a light shade of pink on his cheeks. “Don’t worry, I’m not hurt. I was the one who bumped into you. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun couldn’t make eye contact while talking, or else he would’ve stammered at every single word. He heard a deep chuckle and his imaginary ovaries just exploded.

 

“Ah~ I’m happy you’re okay. Again I’m really sorry.” Chanyeol continued. After they stood up, Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun. Baekhyun tried to make eye contact, but Chanyeol’s eyes are even more beautiful up close.

 

“Aren’t you Byun Baekhyun?” Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat. It became more difficult to breathe. He tried smiling, failed miserably and nodded instead. Chanyeol grinned and bent a little bit forward. “You’re good at math, yes?” Baekhyun didn’t know what to say. Sure, he liked math, but he wouldn’t say he was good at it. Not wanting to defy Chanyeol, Baekhyun nodded once more.

 

“Yes.” Baekhyun managed to pipe out. Chanyeol formed his lips in a thin line and clasped his hands together while shutting his eyes closed. He looked like he was making a wish right before blowing out his birthday candles which somewhat amused Baekhyun.

 

“Please! I beg you! Teach me math. I’ll do anything you ask for. Please.” Chanyeol begged. It almost seemed like Chanyeol was about to get on his knees and beg. Baekhyun couldn’t believe what was happening. Park Chanyeol was asking him for help. Park Chanyeol was asking to spend time with him?

 

“I… I-I… Okay.” Baekhyun stammered. There was no word to describe Baekhyun’s feeling. It was a full mixture of excitement, joy and embarrassment. Chanyeol’s eyes flew open and he started jumping up and down, like a small child getting to meet Santa. He quickly gained his graceful composure and thanked him, flashing him the stunning smile of his. Baekhyun could only smile and chuckle at Chanyeol’s sudden behavior.

 

“Are you free anytime soon? Do you have something you have to do?” Chanyeol asked in a cool voice, but at the same time Baekhyun could detect the excitement. Baekhyun shook his head quickly, indicating he had nothing to do. “Then can we go to my place after school?” Oh , oh , oh . Chanyeol’s home? I’m gonna go to Chanyeol’s house today? Baekhyun’s eyes lit up in joy and he wanted to cry, but had to seem like a normal person and not someone who had had a crush on Park Chanyeol since forever. Baekhyun quickly nodded when he realized he hadn’t replied yet.

 

Chanyeol grinned even wider (was that even possible?), and gave Baekhyun a wave.

 

“Well I have to get to class, but let’s meet up here when school ends, yeah?” Baekhyun was dazed. He smiled, nodded and waved Chanyeol goodbye. When Chanyeol was out of sight, Baekhyun started jumping up and down while squealing like a fangirl. After his little outbreak, Baekhyun found his composure and started walking. He couldn’t think at all during classes. It was abnormal for Baekhyun to not answer questions or to daze out during classes. He couldn’t help it. He only had one thing on his mind. Rather one person. A small smile spread across his face while he was thinking.

 

He knew my name.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhh the first chapter is out! Yay ^_^

I don't really know how long this fic is gonna be, probably a 3 chapter long one. (I know. Great English)

I don't know when the next chapter will be released, but soon I hope!

Tell me what you thought about the first chapter, and I will try to improve! I would love to get some feedback.

But for now;

ByeBye XOXO