1/1

The Jealousy of Kim Yugyeom

Yugyeom blinks at the furry creature in front of him. It’s wide brown eyes stare back before blinking at him, tilting it’s head to the side as if it were cute. Yugyeom blinks again, eyes much more narrow this time, this creature is definitely, absolutely, positively not cute. 

At all. 

Look at it’s white, messy, moppy hair and it’s short paws. It’s chocolate brown eyes that are as wide as saucers, blinking at him innocently. Definitely not cute, Yugyeom thinks as he folds his arms and huffs loudly. But then the thing is, Mark thinks that this mop look alike is the cutest thing that has graced this planet and Yugyeom thinks that that is so annoying.

“There you are Coco, my precious little baby,” A voice coos from behind him as if the fluffy mop were a baby and not a creature that could possibly cause harm. Yugyeom smooths his features so that he appears to be blankly staring off into space and sits up straighter, unfolding his arms as he pulls back his shoulders. 

Yugyeom watches carefully as Mark walks towards the mop looking creature with a bounce in his step, bended over with his arms extended towards it. Yugyeom feels completely invisible, and also slightly offended, when Mark stands in front of him with his back facing him. Yugyeom scowls as Mark begins to coo at the fluffy, little mop of a creature and ignores his existence all together. 

Yugyeom waits for a few minutes for Mark to greet him, or to at least acknowledge his presence. But when the Taiwanese male doesn’t even bat an eyelid at him, Yugyeom’s scowl deepens. He huffs under his breath and stands up from the couch before walking away from the horrendous scene. 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

This problem that Yugyeom has begun exactly five days, three hours ago. It was a sunny Saturday and they had no schedules for the day. Since they had no schedules, Yugyeom decided to have a lie-in so that he could grab a few extra hours of sleep and then maybe when he woke up, he thought that he and his favorite hyung Mark could watch a movie or something. Or maybe play some video games. To be perfectly honest, Yugyeom didn’t mind what they did as long as they did something together.

So, Yugyeom woke up, right? And, you know, everything seemed perfectly normal. The other members were speaking so loud that the neighbours could probably hear them, the smell of coffee was floating throughout the air and Yugyeom was his usual self, stumbling into the kitchen as he normally would do.

However, when he got into the kitchen, the other members were not there. Not that Yugyeom noticed of course, his eyes were barely open and his mind hadn’t started functioning yet as he hadn’t digested food into his system. Yugyeom only noticed that the constant, loud chatter was not in the same room as him when he was pouring his cereal into his bowl and Youngjae walked into the room. 

“Hey Gyeom,” The older male had greeted happily and when Yugyeom looked up to greet him, Youngjae’s smile was so bright that it nearly blinded him. Yugyeom could only manage some odd noise—that resembled something like a dying whale—using the back of his throat as a form of reply because he was unable to conjure up any words.  “I cannot wait until you come into the living room! You’re going to love what we bought.” Youngjae continued as he poured himself a glass of mango and orange juice, finishing his sentence with a little giggle. Yugyeom made another noise to show that he had heard him as he munched on his cereal loudly. It was too early for Youngjae to be overly happy and bright, Yugyeom thought sleepily.

Once Yugyeom felt much more awake, he decided to check what the cause of the endless riot in the living room was. When he opened the door to the living room, he was met with the scene of the members surrounding something in the centre of the room, playfully arguing with each other and cooing at something which sparked curiosity within Yugyeom. So, naturally, he decided to go ask his favorite hyung.

He walked over to Mark and tugged on the back of his t-shirt, “Hyungie, what’s happening?” 

The response that he got was not what he expected at all. Mark turned to him, eyes so bright that they brought shame to the stars, “Isn’t he just adorable?” The Taiwanese male asked happily, some pride had shone through his voice as well. Yugyeom tilted his head confusedly as he opened his mouth to reply. But before he could ask what Mark was even talking about, the older male picked up a small, fluffy animal from within the circle and held it in front of Yugyeom’s face. 

“Meet Heart!” Youngjae exclaimed excitedly from beside Jaebum, who stood behind Mark.

“His name is Coco!” Jackson said afterwards, flicking Youngjae on the temple. “Duh.” He added while rolling his eyes exaggeratedly while placing a hand on his hip. Youngjae hit him back with a scowl before huffing as Jinyoung told them off. Yugyeom’s eyes looked from Mark to Youngjae then to Jackson before they landed on Mark again. 

“Meet Coco.” Mark said quietly as a breathtaking smile took over his face. Yugyeom’s breath hitched before his gaze landed on the puppy.

“Coco.” Yugyeom managed to whisper back as he slowly met eyes with what he didn’t know would be the bane of his existence. 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

[ DAY 1 WITH COCO ]

Yugyeom, at first, thought that he and Coco would be on good terms. This is because Yugyeom really likes dogs, in fact he almost had one when he was a kid. The problem is that his mom is allergic to dogs, so unfortunately he couldn’t own one. But one of his friends had an extremely cute and fluffy pomeranian, and Yugyeom often visited just to see the adorable little puppy.

So, yeah, Yugyeom originally thought that he and Coco would get along just fine, and that maybe Mark could see that he possessed a mature quality and would perhaps and maybe adopt a dog with him next time—and not Youngjae. 

After brushing his teeth, eating his breakfast and washing his face, Yugyeom was ready to start the day. He made a beeline towards the living room where he knew most of the members would be (even though he was only going there just to talk to Mark). 

Once he had stepped into their living room, he immediately spotted Mark on the couch. A smile made its way on his face as he walked towards the Taiwanese male. As he stepped closer to where he was sitting, in his mind he prepared what he was going to say. Yugyeom knew what he was going to say, and he knew that they had all the time in the world, so why was his heart racing a million miles a minute? Why were his palms beginning to get all sweaty?

It’s just Mark hyung, Yugyeom thought to himself as he inhaled and exhaled. Yeah, Mark hyung with his kind and funny personality, charming eyes and dazzling smile. His brain countered which made him rub the palm of his hands on his pyjamas. Oh shut up, Yugyeom replied to the voice, but then he realized that he was basically talking to himself and that he should stop before his brain told him things like how Mark’s round eyes always seemed to pierce right through him, how Mark was always able to talk him into doing stupid things (Jaebum was the victim last time and Yugyeom got scolded big time—Mark’s laugh and large grin was so worth it) and not to mention— 

Yugyeom stopped his thoughts from getting any deeper. He was standing behind Mark and was ready to start talking. 

“Good morning hyung!” He greeted cheerfully, that is until Mark only managed to mumble out a short reply which left an unsettling feeling in Yugyeom’s stomach and dampened his mood. He peeked around over Mark as the older had been hunched over, only to find Coco’s hair being brushed gently by slender fingers. “Hyung, I was thinking about playing video games or watching movies, wanna join me?” Yugyeom asked as he casually, or at least he tried to, walk to the other couch. 

“Can’t. Coco and I are going for a walk, then we’re going to get him a pretty collar.” Mark said, not even glancing at Yugyeom. “Isn’t that right baby?” The older added, which made Yugyeom trip over himself. How come that little, fluffy thing could be called a baby and not him? That was absolutely outrageous and Yugyeom would not stand for it. But then if he did mention something about it, Mark would become suspicious. This would then lead to Mark doing things like observe him, which would then lead to one thing; Yugyeom’s crush on him. And that is not something that Yugyeom plans to tell him in the near future. Hell, he doesn’t even plan to tell him in the distant future, because then things would get all awkward and stuff and Yugyeom doesn’t want that.

Yugyeom huffed as he sat on the couch, crossing his arms as he looked at Mark and Coco. He kept his face neutral, not wanting to show any sign of emotion.

“Can I come with you?” He asked as he kept his eyes on Mark and the little fluffball that was moved onto the older male’s lap. 

“Of course!” Mark chirped. Yugyeom nodded stiffly before he stood up, leaving the room to get changed. 

†   †   †   †   †   †   †

Yugyeom glared as he trailed behind Mark and Coco. He was so annoyed! Mark had taken it upon himself to basically just ignore Yugyeom’s whole existence and just kept his attention on the little furball. 

Honestly, Yugyeom didn’t know that would have ended like that. He thought that while they were taking Coco out on a little stroll Mark would talk to him about things—anything would have been fine with Yugyeom, as long as Mark kept talking—but unfortunately, Mark kept his eyes on his little angel and Yugyeom was not happy. 

“We should get his collar now.” Mark said, finally speaking to Yugyeom and not the little ball of fluff. Mark’s smile and shining eyes were almost enough to lift Yugyeom’s mood. Almost. This is because as soon as their eyes met, Coco began to bark which obviously pulled Mark’s attention from him to the little creature on the ground. 

Yugyeom glared at the dog. He was pretty sure that the fluffy thing had done it on purpose because Mark had picked it up and cooed at it like a little baby

“I’m heading back to the dorm.” Yugyeom announced. Part of him wanted Mark to insist on him staying with them, but the other part just wanted to lie in bed all day because it wasn’t as if Mark had paid any attention to him anyway.

“Huh? Are you sure?” Mark asked as he glanced at him quickly before he set his eyes back on his little baby again. Yugyeom nodded, trying to stop his mouth from twitching as his face was desperately trying to scowl. Yugyeom spun around and began to walk away, still hoping that Mark would at least try to stop him (he had made up his mind that he wanted to go home, but he would be deeply touched if Mark would at least try to make him stay). 

When Yugyeom didn’t hear anything from behind him, he allowed the scowl to appear on his face as he crossed his arms and stomped all the way back to the dorm. 

None of the other members dared to talking to him, sensing that he would have probably exploded at anyone he would try to. Instead, Jaebum cooked him his favorite meal while Jinyoung and the other members took turns in staying in the maknae’s room so that he wouldn’t get lonely. 

°   °   °   °   °   °   °

[ DAY 2 WITH COCO ]

“What’re you sulking about?” Jackson questioned as he plopped on the space beside Yugyeom on the couch.

Yugyeom sniffed, “I’m not sulking.” 

Jackson snickered, placing an arm around Yugyeom. “Aigoo, Gyeomie, you are too cute.” He said, pinching Yugyeom’s cheeks with his free arm. Yugyeom scowled as he tried to pull away, but to no avail. When Jackson finally let go, Yugyeom removed his arm from his shoulder and shot him a glare. Jackson raised his hands in mock surrender.

“It’s just not fair.” Yugyeom mumbled as he watched Mark teach the furball some tricks. 

Jackson rested his elbow on the back of the couch, placing the crown of his head on top of his palm. “What isn’t fair my dear Gyeomie?” He asked in mock concern.

Yugyeom remained silent as he tried to gather all the words together. He sighed, “It’s just that I knew Mark hyung first, and then this little smelly fluffball”—Jackson laughs—”comes along and it’s like I never existed!” 

“First of all, don’t let Mark or Youngjae hear you call their precious little Coco a ‘smelly fluffball’. And secondly, they only got Coco two days ago. It’s not as if Mark has completely forgotten about you or anything.”

“But that furball is making hyung not even pay attention to me!”

Jackson’s mouth began to quiver as he tried to fight down the smile that threatened to make it’s way on his face. “You,” Jackson giggled slightly, covering his mouth and Yugyeom almost thought that he looked cute. Almost. “You’re jealous!” Jackson managed to say through his muffled giggles. 

Mark chose that exact moment to walk in. Coco in his arms, of course.

Yugyeom scowled, “Am not!” He denied as he crossed his arms and huffed—hoping that Mark didn’t hear the beginning of their conversation. Not even just the beginning in fact, Yugyeom hoped that he hadn’t heard what either of them had said at all.

Yugyeom’s actions reminded Jackson of a little child and he stopped giggling to pinch the maknae’s cheeks, large -eating grin in place. Yugyeom is so cute, he thought.

“Are too!”

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

“Am no— Hey, where are you going Mark hyung?”

Jackson followed Yugyeom’s gaze. It ended up on Mark with Coco cradled in his arms. He returned his gaze on Yugyeom’s face, before looking at Mark again. The oldest and the youngest seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes. 

Mark looked away first, “I need to give Coco a bath.”

†   †   †   †   †   †   †

“This is all your fault!” Yugyeom huffed as he narrowed his eyes at Jackson.
 
Jackson blinked at the younger male. What has he done this time? He tried to recollect anything that he has done, but his mind became blank. He thought harder, because there must have been a reason as to why the maknae was looking at him as if he had done something unspeakable. Jackson furrowed his eyebrows together, willing himself to think harder because laser beams were starting to come out of Yugyeom’s eyes. Although he was absolutely positive that he didn’t do anything that involved the maknae.

“Mark hyung is completely ignoring me!” He wailed as he plopped on top of Jackson’s bed, squishing his face into a pillow.

Jackson almost laughed since Yugyeom was too tall for his bed. “Ay~ Don’t be like that! Mark is probably not ignoring you!” He sang as he sat at the foot of his bed, folded into a triangle.

Just then, the door opened. Yugyeom lifted his head from the pillow and immediately sat up when he saw that it was Mark that had walked in, Coco nestled in his arms. Jackson could hear Yugyeom gulp and snickered quietly to himself. But stopped once he saw Mark’s eyes shift from him to the maknae. He noticed how Mark’s eyes sharpened for a fraction of a second, he would have never seen it if he weren’t staring at Mark. Ah, Jackson thought devilishly as he glanced at Yugyeom. 

Gyeomie, we should go play video games!” He said enthusiastically, wrapping his arm around the younger’s wide shoulders.

Yugyeom fumbled over his words at the mention of the nickname—or maybe it was because Mark was in the room—and it took all of Jackson’s energy not to start laughing right then and there because he could feel Mark burn a hole right through him. And before Yugyeom could reply, Mark was already stalking out of the room with Coco. Yugyeom let out another wail and hit Jackson when he had started laughing, unable to contain his laughter any longer.

“Don’t worry Gyeomie,” Jackson said as his laughter died down, a large grin appearing on his face. “Everything will be just fine.” He assured as he ruffled the maknae’s hair. 

°   °   °   °   °   °   °

[ DAY 3 WITH COCO ]

“Yugyeom,” Youngjae called out. “What are you doing?”

Youngjae had the intention of cheering up the maknae after hearing what Jackson had to say about the younger’s feelings. 

(“Why did you guys buy that puppy?” Jackson asked as he strolled into the bathroom where Youngjae was giving Coco a bath. 

Youngjae shrugged. He supposed that he and Mark didn’t really have a reason, they just wanted companionship he guessed? But anyway, they shouldn’t really have to have a reason in order to buy a puppy. Look at how cute he is!

“Not really sure, but look at how cute he is!” Youngjae replied, voicing out his thoughts as he showed Jackson their little pup.

Jackson hummed, “Well Yugyeom sure is not liking the attention that Coco’s receiving. He’s pretty sad.”

Youngjae could only blink, “Oh.”)

But Youngjae did not expect to find Yugyeom trying to tie his hair with a small, pink elastic band that was thin and coated with glitter. He thought that he would find the maknae wrapped up in a burrito on his bed, maybe eating some chocolate as he tried to eat away his sadness. That’s why he even brought Pepero with him in the first place! Youngjae quickly hid the Pepero behind his back as soon as the maknae began speaking.

“Mark hyung thinks that Coco is cute right?” Yugyeom said as let go of the bunch of hair that he had in his hand, only to grab a new section of hair. Youngjae thought about it, Coco was pretty cute when he had his hair tied. All the members thought so. So he hummed to answer Yugyeom. “And well, if I tie the front part of my hair, Mark hyung will think that I’m cute too, right?” Youngjae thought about how after Real Got7 season 2—episode 9, Mark told him how cute he thought Yugyeom was after they made him their ‘little sister’. So Youngjae shrugged to himself and hummed once again. “So I’ve got to tie my hair correctly.” Yugyeom said as he turned to face Youngjae with so much determination that he couldn’t bring himself to tell the younger that he was tying his hair wrong.

“Right.” Youngjae said, smile making its way onto his face. “Well good luck! I’ll see you later then! I’ll be anticipating it!” Yugyeom smiled back before turning back around. Youngjae the took it as his cue to leave the room. But before he did, he placed the Pepero near Yugyeom’s position on the bed.

†   †   †   †   †   †   †

Yugyeom huffed loudly, folding his arms together. Oh how he wished laser beams would come out of his eyes. But then if they did, Coco would die and it’s not as if he wanted the little furball to die. He didn’t dislike Coco that much. Still, Mark has not even commented on his appearance ever since he walked in! Highly unfair seeing as the little pet was asleep! And it’s been almost an hour since he arrived in the living room! Things just weren’t going the way he wanted. Sure, the others complimented him on how cute he was—although Kunpimook decided to a bit first, and Jinyoung narrowed his eyes in something like suspicion for a split second—but he didn’t want them telling him how cute he was! He wanted Mark to and how come he isn’t?

“Yugyeom, let’s to get ice-cream from the freezer.” Youngjae suddenly suggested and boy, that did sound like a good idea. He could use the ice-cream to eat his feelings away and besides, it’s not like Mark would care if he suddenly got a case of diabetes from eating too many things that contained sugar. 

Yugyeom nodded, “Yeah.” And so, they stood up and headed towards the kitchen. 

(Yugyeom was too sulky to notice Mark’s eyes that had followed them until they disappeared. But Youngjae did, and Mark thought that he had some nerve to grin back at him like he did just then.)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °

[ DAY 4 WITH COCO ] 

“It’s not fair!” Yugyeom whined as he plopped on top of his mattress, burying his face in his pillow. 

“Life’s not fair.” Kunpimook shot back as he sat on his own bed, taking out a book to read. 

Yugyeom lifted his head to glare at the Thai male. Who just ignored it as he flipped the page of his book, not even sparing a glance at him. 

Alright, so, Yugyeom didn’t know when Mark’s feelings of Oh my God, we got a puppy! will end, but he hopes that it will end soon because Yugyeom was surely going to go insane or something. Okay, maybe that was a bit exaggerated, but something similar to that could happen to him!

Today, for example, Mark did that thing in which he spoiled Coco and Mark usually spoiled him and it just wasn’t fair! The little fluffball pranced around all high and mighty with it’s sparkly new collar, having the absolute nerve to leap onto his lap and made himself comfortable! Yugyeom only allowed the little mutt to take a nap on his lap because Mark made sure to sit beside him so that he could watch over his precious baby

Mark started a conversation, and Yugyeom would have been glad if not for the fact that it was a conversation solely about Coco and his well being and Yugyeom didn’t sign up for that? He did not volunteer to listen to Mark go on and on about his little prince

So naturally, Yugyeom left as soon as he could, jumping off of the couch when the furball woke up and excused himself. 

Yugyeom groaned until his pillow, kicking his arms and legs to let out his feelings of irritation and other negative emotions.

“Are you done?” Kunpimook asked, setting down his book on his bed as he walked over to Yugyeom. When Yugyeom didn’t answer, Kunpimook frowned. “You know, this one time my friend made a new friend and I thought that I was being replaced.” He said, hoping to get a reaction from the younger. It worked like a charm because Yugyeom immediately lifted up his head. 

“No way!” 

Kunpimook nodded, “Yes way.” And although he felt bad, no, absolutely terrible for lying to Yugyeom, he felt that the younger needed a story like this. “It was horrible. I felt like my friend would forget about me. So I always started competitions with the other guy and stuff. But then one day, I wanted to stop, so I didn’t try to do any competitions and just told my friend my feelings.”

Yugyeom’s eyes widened, “You told him your feelings?”

“Yeah, and it worked out just fine because he laughed it off and said that there was no need for me to be jealous in the first place because I was still going to be his friend no matter what.”

Yugyeom seemed to think about it. “Oh.” 

Kunpimook nodded, “Yeah, so just take your time and think about it, okay?”

“Okay.”

°   °   °   °   °   °   °

[ Day 5 WITH COCO ] 

Yugyeom was in no mood to do anything. He didn’t even have the energy to glare at Coco. He felt as if he was just kind of there, too busy thinking of what to do. He knew that he was jealous. But what exactly was he going to do about it? He didn’t know. He knew that he could possibly tell Mark how he felt and then maybe things would all work out, much like what had happened in Kunpimook’s story, but something was holding him back. Fear, maybe? The fear of their friendship turning awkward and fear of rejection. Ugh, Yugyeom didn’t know anymore. He just wanted to go to sleep.

“Hey,” Yugyeom heard Jinyoung’s voice greet as he felt the bed shift slightly. “I brought you some kimbap.” 

As much as Yugyeom appreciated this and everything, he didn’t want kimbap. Okay, maybe he did, but now was not the time because he was too busy drowning in his thoughts and lacking energy to do anything.

The door opened again and this time Jaebum’s voice rang throughout the room. “I bought you bubble tea~” He sang and once again, Yugyeom felt the bed shift a little. He momentarily wondered if the others were going to randomly come into his and Kunpimook’s room bringing other food and drinks.

Yugyeom shot them a small smile before staring at the ceiling again.

“Ay~” Jinyoung sang, “Cheer up!” 

“What’s Mark hyung doing?” 

“Well him and Youngjae are with Coco.”

“Hmph.”

“Jealousy is an ugly thing, Gyeomie~” Jaebum sang.

Yugyeom shot up, “I’m not jealous!” He cried, voice cracking. Of course he was lying, he already knew himself that he was jealous. But his hyungs bringing it up is so embarrassing.

Jaebum snickered, “Are too—Hey! Ow!” Jaebum winced when Jinyoung elbowed him in the ribs, eyes telling him to shut up. Jaebum pouted. 

“Why don’t you just tell Mark how you feel?”

“I want to but then everything will be all awkward and weird.” Yugyeom huffed out, grabbing the bubble tea out of Jaebum’s hands since the older male was just about to stick the straw into the beverage. Jaebum’s jaw dropped but he didn’t say anything, not when Jinyoung was giving him a look that warned him that if he did anything, he’ll be getting a lecture later on.

“You don’t know that!” Jinyoung said, slightly enthusiastic as he watched Yugyeom take sips of his bubble tea, chewing on the tapioca pearls quietly. Yugyeom just hummed. “I’ll let you in on a little secret.” Jinyoung whispered as he gestured Yugyeom to come closer to him, Jaebum did as well which resulted in Jinyoung shoving him away with narrowed eyes. Yugyeom continued drinking his bubble tea, anticipating what Jinyoung was going to say. “Mark loves you the most.” 

Yugyeom choked on a tapioca pearl, coughing violently to try and get it out of his throat. Jinyoung immediately patted his back in alarm. While Jaebum just hummed, “That’s true.” And then ate the kimbap that Jinyoung had originally brought in for the maknae.

“Really?” Yugyeom replied, voice slightly hoarse. 

Jinyoung nodded, “Of course!” 

The smile that appeared on Yugyeom’s face warmed both Jinyoung and Jaebum’s hearts. His smile was so bright and full of happiness, so contagious. Jinyoung ruffled Yugyeom’s hair before grabbing Jaebum’s elbow and dragging him out of the room, taking the kimbap out of his hands and taking a bite out of it.

“We did good.” Jaebum says, mouth full of kimbap. He wrapped an arm around Jinyoung and smiled widely at him.

Jinyoung saw the kimbap and rolled his eyes, he shoved Jaebum away from him gently. “You mean I did good.” 

Jaebum crossed his arms with a huff. But then he smiled, slowly. “Yeah,” He agrees as he places his arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder again. “You did do good.”

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

And so here he is, in front of Mark and Jackson’s room. His hand is in a fist, ready to knock on the door. But he’s nervous, like, knee wobbling and sweaty palms type of nervous. Yugyeom inhales and exhales, gulping down his saliva and knocks on the door quickly before he decides to run away. 

He hears Mark say, “Come in.” And does as he is told. Surprisingly, Coco is nowhere in sight. Yugyeom’s eyes scan the room again, because there is no way that Mark would be separated from Coco. Yugyeom thinks that this is a little bit weird, and he knows that he should be rejoicing at the fact that Coco isn’t here but he feels as if he has grown to the little pup somehow? Ugh, he doesn’t know.

“Uhm,” Yugyeom doesn’t know what to say because Mark is looking at him all expectantly and he feels so pressured now. “Hi?” He greets and it likes it’s a question and he kinda just wants to bury himself ten feet under the building complex now.

Mark chuckles, eyes crinkling as he exposes his bright teeth. “Hi.” He replies after he has sobered up. He pats the spot next to him on the bed and Yugyeom does this extremely awkward waddle in order to get near the bed. Too many thoughts are rushing through his mind and he is afraid that if he speaks, all the words will become jumbled and Mark won’t understand what he wants to say.

“I—Uh. No, wait.” Yugyeom cringes on the inside, embarrassed. But Mark doesn’t say anything, he just smiles and patiently waits for what Yugyeom has to say. “You see, uh, these last five days,” Yugyeom begins to say, his lips. “I mean, ever since you and Youngjae got Coco,” he continues slowly, tilting his head a little as he tries to find the right words. “You like me the best, right?” Yugyeom suddenly says in a rush and immediately has the urge to facepalm right afterwards at his words. He definitely wants to bury himself twenty feet under the building complex now.

Mark furrows his eyebrows together, “What?”

“I mean, like, you like me the best right?” Yugyeom says slowly. “Because, uhm, I definitely love you the most and I just wanted to tell you that. Also, uh, please spend more time with me because Coco has Youngjae hyung and the others, so it’s not fair that he gets all the attention.”

A goofy smile appears on Mark’s face but Yugyeom doesn’t notice it because he’s thinking about how positively ridiculous he probably just sounded and is currently trying to bury his embarrassment. Also, he feels like he is sitting too close to Mark—or is Mark sitting too close to him?—and his heart is practically beating out of his chest and he thinks that his breathing might even be slightly uneven (that can’t be normal?). His palms are all clammy and all he can think is Mission Abort! Mission Abort! MISSION ABORT!

“Yeah.” Mark says, and his goofy smile turns into an extremely fond one as his eyes become soft. His voice is gentle, almost like a whisper, and Yugyeom tries to avoid eye contact at all costs because he knows that he will melt into a puddle of goo if he dare looks at the older male. “I love you the most.” 

Yugyeom has never turned his head so fast in his in entire existence. “Huh?” 

Mark smiles, exposing pearly white teeth that will surely blind Yugyeom if he kept on staring. “I said, ‘I love you the most’.” 

Yugyeom blinks once. Twice. Thrice. He keeps on blinking because he cannot comprehend what Mark just said at all. Surely this is a dream. This is definitely a dream. But then Yugyeom thinks about it realistically. Mark probably means it in a brotherly way whereas Yugyeom doesn’t, and he kind of just deflates a little.

“Uhm. When I saw that I love you the most..” Yugyeom trails off, speaking slowly as he tries to gather the correct words and the courage to tell Mark what kind of feelings he has been harbouring for the past year or so. Yugyeom inhales through his teeth, tilting his head to the side slightly. “I mean, what I’m trying to tell you is that I—” The words get stuck in his throat. Yugyeom can’t do this. He absolutely cannot do this. But Mark’s sparkly eyes are looking at him with so much patience and anticipation and—

“I know what you meant. I get it.” Mark suddenly says, sort of sheepishly as he starts to rub the back of his neck. 

Yugyeom freezes. Mark knows what he means? Mark gets it? And yet again Yugyeom is having trouble comprehending what Mark has just said. But honestly he feels relieved because if Mark does know what he means, and he does get it then it is possible that Mark likes him back, right? And if that is possibly the case then—

“Hyung, do you like me?” Yugyeom asks, tone of voice kind of rushed. He bites his lip as he waits for the reply. It’s so nerve wrecking, and Yugyeom thinks that maybe Mark is playing him because it looks like he is pretending to think. But instead of a verbal answer, Mark takes one of Yugyeom’s hands and places it on top of his heart and—Oh my God, Yugyeom thinks, eyes wide.

“Yeah,” Mark replies. “I do like you.” Yugyeom’s smile is so wide and his vision is starting to get all blurry but he doesn’t know why. Mark then drops his hand and goes to embrace him, “I love you the most.” He whispers in Yugyeom’s ear. They stop hugging after a few minutes and a -eating grin appears on Mark’s face. “I can’t believe that you were jealous of Coco.” He then snickers.

Yugyeom huffs, folding his arms together. “I was not!” He hotly denies, but Mark just continues snickering so Yugyeom rolls his eyes and just shoves his hyung. By then Mark is laughing and the sound is so delightful, so contagious that it has Yugyeom laughing along with him.

The door opens to reveal Youngjae holding Coco in his arms and an ecstatic looking Jackson. 

“Finally!” Jackson exclaims as he jumps over to them, smile extremely wide. Youngjae wears a smile that matches Jackson’s and walks over to them. Yugyeom’s eyes narrow and he shoves Jackson to plant himself beside Mark, eyeing the sleeping Coco in Youngjae’s arms. His actions result in the other three males laughing at him and Yugyeom can’t do anything to wiggle himself out of the situation.

The other members just happen to end up in the room and they all talk about how great it is that Mark and Yugyeom have finally confessed to each other because they would not have been able to deal with the pair anymore if they hadn’t. Somewhere along their conversation, Coco wakes up and leaps over to Mark which causes Yugyeom to scowl. The other members and they all laugh together.

Mark leans by his ear and whispers, “Remember, I love you the most.” Before pecking him on the cheek. The members let out squeals while Mark remains somewhat indifferent (he’s biting back a smile) and Yugyeom is trying oh so hard to make sure a blush does not appear on his face (he fails).

fin. 


So, how was it? Not too bad, right? Well I hope so anyways lol

Thank you for reading this and thank you if you have subscirbe and commented, I really appreciate it ^^