"Jisoo, I think that's Minghao."

Message Sending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui is bold.
Minghao is italics.

Another quick update to make up for the long wait from before! To anybody reading this now, make sure to check if you’ve read the one before this too that I updated just yesterday ♡

[Still July 28, Thursday]

“Guys, he’s not replying!” 

Junhui continued clutching his phone as he whined, latching himself onto Jisoo’s arm. He stared anxiously at the screen while they walked just a few paces behind Mingyu and Wonwoo. He was beginning to debate whether he shouldn’t have told Minghao he was around after all. Junhui just figured it would be better letting him know, that way if ever they did see each other, it wouldn’t seem as if he was hiding anything from him.

He groaned, “Minghao hates me now, I can tell.”

“He doesn’t,” Jisoo said, patting the arm that was wrapped around his own. “Now can we focus on more pressing matters? I agreed to keep you company, but I am not watching a horror movie.”

“Let’s watch Ice Age then,” Junhui suggested offhandedly, continuing to send random texts to Minghao here and there about his current situation. He had just texted that he was already at the mall, but still no reply. He wish he knew whether Minghao was just still busy or ignoring him. 

“Really? I was thinking Star Trek Beyond.”

“Nerd.”

“I’m leaving you to deal with being a thirdwheel and your existential Minghao crisis alone,” Jisoo said jokingly, finally catching Junhui’s attention again and making the latter hold onto his arm even tighter. The two stopped walking when they noticed that the couple in front of them had also stopped in their tracks. Mingyu was looking at the movie list—as if he hadn’t decided to watch Lights Out hours ago—with Wonwoo looking around for a good movie snack to eat.

Wonwoo turned towards the two that were lagging behind them, “I’m not feeling popcorn today. What else can we get?”

“There’s burgers over at the food court,” Jisoo suggested when Junhui continued to stare at his phone, useless at the moment thanks to his current problem. He sighed at the sight. “We can go get food while you guys line up for tickets. Two for Star Trek, please.”

“Ice Age,” Junhui managed to mumble again while Jisoo pulled him away before he could voice it out louder because Mingyu would definitely take him seriously. The Chinese boy continued looking like a kicked puppy before finally perking up when his phone vibrated.

“He finally replied!” 

“Great, now let’s go.”

 

(2:57PM) Mingyu and Wonwoo’s watching Lights Out but Jisoo’s a wimp and hates watching horror movies. I’m suggesting the new Ice Age movie, but he’s also a nerd and wants to watch Star Trek instead.

(2:58PM) Ice Age? What are you, four years old?

(2:58PM) You replied! I’m still in your good graces then.

(2:59PM) You’re slowly disappearing again because you’re choosing Ice Age over Star Trek? Really?

(2:59PM) Excuse me, Minghao, I’ll have you know Ice Age is a heart-wrenching movie about a lovely raccoon.

(3:02PM) Raccoon? 

(3:02PM) I’m not an animal enthusiast, but I’m pretty sure there were no raccoons in that movie. I don’t even know which animal or movie you’re referring to, at this point.

(3:03PM) The one with the acorn.

(3:04PM) Scrat the saber-tooth squirrel?

(3:04PM) And I’m the four year old? Minghao, you’re an Ice Age Master.

(3:04PM) I literally only know Scrat and Sid, the sloth one.

(3:05PM) It’s more than I know, so I guess I should brush up on my Ice Age trivia by watching it.

(3:05PM) I should tell Jisoo then.

(3:06PM) Anyway, are you still around?

(3:07PM) I’m about to leave.

(3:08PM) Oh, well, guess seeing each other today just wasn’t meant to be, huh?

(3:08PM) Yeah. Guess not.

(3:08PM) There’s always Saturday?

(3:09PM) There’s only been Saturday for us to meet, Junhui. 

(3:09PM) Ah, well, yeah. It would have been cool if we saw each other today somehow. Fate or something like that.

(3:10PM) What a sap.

(3:10PM) Only for you.

(3:11PM) I think I’m getting diabetes.

(3:11PM) Are you admitting I’m sweet?

(3:11PM) This entire friendship is a mistake.

(3:12PM) So we’re friends?

(3:12PM) Not anymore.

(3:13PM) Let me back into your good graces, Minghao, I’ll be good.

(3:13PM) I’ll think about it.

 

Now th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter