Kyungsoo and Rose.

Dancing in the Rain

Going home from their first date, Rose and Kyungsoo had a distance in between them. They were walking together in silence, side by side. Definitely, they just became couple, but they came off as if they argued with each other.

Rose knew how closed off Kyungsoo was with people he’s not that close with. Heck, everyone in the school knows how he only hangs around with his two friends, Jongin and Chanyeol. The two boys were famous at school, so was Kyungsoo inevitably. Everyone fawned over the doe-eyed boy because of his good-looking genes, but would not dare to keep eye contact with him for not more than a few seconds.

 

He who has a cool vibe, an air around him saying ‘Do not mess with me,’ unexpectedly asked out a wallflower named Rose at the school’s gymnasium. The said girl did not know what to feel of seeing a guy who usually doesn’t talk to people other than his friends; strike up a conversation with her.

“So I was wondering if you could,” He paused, scratching the nape of his neck. “Check out this new café I’ve been interested in for a while?” Kyungsoo breathed out the words a little too fast for her. “With me, of course.” He coughed.

“What did you say? Is someone chasing us? You talk too fast.” Rose looked around the place with a mischievous smile. His ears turned red at this.

“Would you go on a date with me?” He finally looked up to her eyes, stuttering. With this, she nodded and smiled.

 

The Kyungsoo who embarrassedly asked her out was not the Kyungsoo she was with now. He kept on avoiding any contact with her, and that bothered her. Deep in thought, rain slowly started to pour down the streets. Before Rose could start running, Kyungsoo already caught her arm running finding a shelter they could stay under. She can’t help but notice how firm and warm his grip was on her, causing her heart to skip a beat.

Rose suddenly stopped from running, pulling back Kyungsoo. “We have to hurry before it rains heavier.” He furrowed his eyebrows. Rose had a small smile on her face while looking at him with sparkling eyes; a child-like feel to it.

“Let’s play in the rain.” Her smile getting bigger each second passed. “Come on, it’ll be fun!” She tugged on his arm. Kyungsoo sighed in disbelief. “Are you crazy? We’re going to get sick! I wouldn’t-“ He stopped talking as he sensed the change in the atmosphere around them. Rose grew quiet, and it started to rain heavier as time passed by.

He looked at her features, softly gazing at her. “Playing is for kids.” Rose looked into his eyes hearing him. He held out his hand towards her.

“So why not dance with me instead?” Kyungsoo flashed his heart-shaped smile, with his twinkling eyes.