prologue

I Do (Cherish You)

No matter how hard jongin tries to clear his mind up, the sound of kyungsoo’s laughter always creep into his mind, he hears it so vividly as if kyungsoo is right there. he really wishes. he sees kyungsoo’s smile, the way his eyes turns into crescents and his iris disappears, and how his heart shaped lips gets accentuated, and teeth that makes jongin wonder if he likes sweets. The memory of Kyungsoo munching on the chocolates Jongin brought him last Christmas made him think that maybe, just like him, Kyungsoo has a sweet tooth too.

 

But jongin shouldn’t be thinking about this. He shouldn’t be thinking about how Kyungsoo is nothing but perfect and how he makes Jongin’s days so much brighter and how the room suddenly becomes ten degrees warmer when Kyungsoo’s around. It’s not that he still hasn’t admitted to himself that Kyungsoo made him swing that way. He likes him to death. But in front of him, papers settled on his desk, he might as well throw himself out the window. No. He must avoid risky situations in every possible way, if he wants to get into Class A and sit next to Kyungsoo.

 

So Jongin puts on his fake glasses, just because, and settles into studying material A.

--

 

He wakes up grunting to a familiar and annoying strumming of a guitar. His pillow didn’t feel as fluffy as it usually did and his neck hurts. Scratch that, his whole body hurts. It’s then he realizes that he didn’t sleep on his bed, rather, at his study desk. He must’ve fallen asleep in the middle of studying for his history test. Did he remember anything from last night’s studying session? He probably doesn’t right now, but maybe when he sees Kyungsoo, he’ll remember. So Jongin wastes no time into getting ready for his classes (or maybe trying to look cool enough for Kyungsoo’s eyes) He’s so whipped.

--

 

The hallway swoons at the sight of Kim Jongin walking past the other students. Jongin runs his fingers through his silky black hair, making the girls stop and stare, to which Jongin smirks. The two girls giggle as they make their way through the crowd. Chanyeol snorts at the sight.

 

“What?” Jongin asks.
 

“You’re so extra!”
 

“Well, it’s not my fault I look at that perfect.”

“Perfect my .”

 

His head swings to the classroom to the right and just right there, everything turns into a blur. Inside the classroom, Kyungsoo is sitting in the corner desk and is looking so focused at whatever he’s studying. Jongin stops in his tracks and doesn’t seem to notice that Chanyeol trips beside him, and the latter’s yelling is suddenly just a part of the background noise.
 

Kyungsoo is just so beautiful. How do the other students at the same room even manage to breathe and get themselves composed when Kyungsoo’s right there. Jongin can’t help letting out a squeak  and his legs turn into jello. What he doesn’t expect is Kyungsoo meeting his eyes. Kyungsoo looks up from the papers settled on his desk and turns to his direction, and just like that, he meets Jongin’s unfaltering gaze.
 

It’s almost like a movie scene, when the love starts. But it’s then that Chanyeol slings his arms around Jongin’s shoulder and urges him to walk their way to their class.

 


A/N: I wrote the prologue in Jongin's POV but it's mostly going to be written in Kyungsoo's POV. I DONT KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT.