Chapter Twenty

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

  To say I woke up sore would be an understatement. Muscles ached that I didn’t even know I had. But I felt amazing at the same time.

 

  I slid out of bed and made my way to the shower. Jungha was in the kitchen rattling around making coffee or something. Turning on the hot water, I held my hand out under the steady flow until the temperature was just the way I liked. My robe fell in a puddle around my ankles as I stepped into the steaming shower.

 

  About five minutes into my morning routine, familiar hands appeared around my middle and a warm presence behind me. Jungha’s deep voice tickled my ear. “Why can’t I get enough of you?” A kiss traced it’s way along my collarbone.

 

  “I have work this morning.” I reminded, as I tried to keep the butterflies in my stomach under control.

 

  Jungha’s hands landed on my hips, pulling me against him. “Call in sick.”

 

  A fire was steadily building inside me again; with one touch he set me ablaze. “You know I can’t. I was out for a whole week last time and…” A familiar feeling pressed against my lower back, distracting me from every rational excuse I had.

 

  “I can feel you now, remember? I know you want me.” I could hear the smirk.

 

  “Jungha…” He turned me around to face him and planted a very slow seductive kiss on my lips. That was it. There was nothing left keeping my desires at bay.

 

  Dang it, Jungha.  I fussed mentally, as I shamelessly gave in to his charms.

 

  He laughed happily at his victory. You can’t stay mad.

 

  No I can’t.

 

---------

 

  Thankfully, I was only thirty minutes late for work. Ari glared at me when I arrived. My brain came up with the excuse that I had some difficulty with the plumbing.

 

  Well, it was almost true. I heard Jungha’s laugh in my head. Creepy much?

 

    It was very distracting trying to take down orders with a bratty angel making snarky commentary in my thoughts. What are you wearing?

 

   Not now, Jungha...

 

   How come you never make coffee for us?

 

  Because I do it all day at work. If you want coffee, come to the café. Wait... don’t... forget what I just said!

 

  Mm, good idea! Maybe I’ll catch you busing tables like last time.

 

  Jungha, leave her alone. She’s trying to work! Sunhyeok practically shouted in my head.

 

  I winced at the shrill noise, checking to see if Ari was watching me. Safe. She was busy with a customer. I heaved a sigh of relief and went back to filling the coffee order.

 

  This pillow smells like you.

 

  My brow furrowed. Jungha, are you still in my room?

 

  Maybe…

 

  Don’t touch anything. I warned.

 

  Ooh! What’s this? You have y red lingerie?

 

  I almost had a heart attack.

 

  “JUNGHA!!!” I accidentally shouted out loud, clamping a hand over my mouth in horror at what I’d just done.

 

  Ari and another customer at the counter jumped at my sudden outburst.

 

 “....Jeong (Yin)….Han (Yang)? You can’t have one without the other?” I shrugged sheepishly, attempting to save myself from further embarrassment and questions.

 

  Good one.

 

  Shut it, Jungha.

 

  Ari gave me the most confused look imaginable and shook her head, trying to ignore my random weirdness.  She’d probably ask me about it later.

 

  Thanks a bunch, Jungha. My teeth gritted in annoyance.

 

  For the rest of the afternoon, angel radio was quiet, thankfully. We got so busy at the end of our shift, no one even had time to wonder why I had seemingly lost my marbles. We even closed 10 minutes after we were supposed to because of all the customers.

 

  Ari and I bid each other a tired goodbye as the streetlamps blinked on one by one, and I headed for home.

 

  I was quite literally starving when I reached my front door. No wonder, I forgot to eat lunch today.

 

  As if I had asked its opinion, my stomach gave a call of protest.

 

  Dropping my keys and purse on the counter in the kitchen, I rummaged through the fridge in hopes of finding something interesting to peak my taste buds.

 

  A tiny squeak came from behind me. I peered over my shoulder. George was staring me down through the bars of his cage.

 

  “You must be hungry too.” I chuckled, grabbing the box of miscellaneous veggies from the top shelf of the fridge.

 

  “Hm, looks like we’re almost out. I’ll have to cut up some more.” I plucked out a piece of celery and held it through the bars so the hamster could grab it.

 

  The furry rodent made a cute chittering noise and scarfed the treat down in an instant.

 

  I laughed and gave him some more. “At this rate, I will have to cut a lot more.”

 

  Happy squeaking answered me.

 

  Pulling out some vegetables from the bottom drawer, I retrieved a cutting board and knife and began the task of cutting up more snacks.

 

  Sneaking a chunk of carrot into my mouth, I glanced at George with amusement. His beady little eyes were watching me intently. Chewing happily, I started humming as I chopped.

 

  The knife slipped. It sliced through my skin, and blood stained my fingers, dripping down onto the cutting board.

 

  I hissed in pain, staring down at my hand.

 

  “Gwenchana?” I heard Yoonhoo’s frantic voice behind me.

 

  Holding my bleeding hand, I turned to face him.

 

  His concerned eyes landed on my injury. Rushing to my side, he held my hand gently and carefully inspected the damage.

 

  The cut stung like acid. I tearfully peered up at his face.

 

  Closing his eyes in concentration, Yoonhoo placed his hand over mine. A warm blue glow appeared, pulsating and growing brighter. To my surprise, the burn started to disappear.

 

  When he pulled his hand away, the gash on my finger was nowhere to be seen. The blood was all gone.

 

  I turned my hand over in all directions, searching. Every sign of it had completely disappeared. I flexed my fingers. No pain. My confused gaze met Yoonhoo’s.

 

  “Angels have healing properties.” He smiled. “I will always protect you.”

 

  Overwhelmed with amazement, I wrapped my arms around his neck in a thankful hug.

 

  His strong arms wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me close. I felt so safe.

 

  Suddenly, his hands slid under my bottom and I was picked up off the floor. I clung tightly to him, as he spun around and set me forcefully on the kitchen table, not moving an inch from in between my legs.

 

  He reached a hand up to cup my face, bringing me even closer. “I need you.” His breath ghosted over my lips.

 

   My eyes closed as a shiver ran up my spine. In that moment, his soft lips crashed into mine with all the pent up passion in the world.

 

  In a trance, my hands found the edge of his shirt and pushed it up out of the way. He finished for me by pulling it off over his head. My fingers lightly traced the cursive ink on his collarbone.

 

  He pulled me into another kiss. The force of it made me weak in the knees. It’s a good thing I’m not standing…

 

  I faintly heard a chuckle as I felt his hands travel down to my uniform. The buttons were being undone. The touch of his fingers set my skin on fire.

 

  Yoonhoo dipped his tongue into my mouth, sliding it across my bottom lip, pouring gasoline on the flames with in me. His teeth nipped at my bottom lip. I let out a small noise of pleasure, making him smirk and kiss me harder.

 

  His pants hit the floor. There was no going back. I wanted this. I needed this. I needed him.

 

  And he knew it.

 

  Another corner of my mind was unlocked as Yoonhoo inserted the key and opened the door to my heart.

 

  Jagiya? Can you hear me? Yoonhoo’s whisper floated through my mind.

 

  Nodding was all I could do at the moment. The heat was consuming me.

 

  Saranghae.

 

  My fog-filled eyes gazed up into his, a smile on my face. I didn’t even have to say anything. The overwhelming feeling of love from not one, but now three was… I felt as though I would explode.

 

  You’re ours. You always will be. We’ll never let you go.