3rd Way: I'm Always Here For You

There Are Lots of Ways to Say I Love You

Mingyu's tired. Tired of the hate, the pressure, and the exhaustion that came with being an idol.

He loved his fans with all his heart, but sometimes, there are days when he feels the weight of tiredness on his shoulder, slowly and painfully crushing him. 

Mingyu loves the life he's living now, but sometimes he just wants to drop everything and rest.

And of course, that's when Wonwoo comes in. Unlike Mingyu, Wonwoo's mentality is a bit stronger. Wonwoo doesn't let the hate, pressure, and exhaustion get to him. He lets it float around him until it leaves and he forgets about them. 

Wonwoo knew Mingyu was having a hard time with everything lately. He wanted to comfort the younger so bad, but of course, he had no idea of what he should say to make the younger feel better. 

But then he thought...he should still try.
-----
"Hey, Gyu...do you want to come talk to me for a few minutes?" Wonwoo questions the younger when he sees Mingyu still awake in his bed. 

"Yeah...I'd like that," Mingy smiles. Wonwoo always found it amazing that Mingyu can still smile despite what he's feeling inside.

Wonwoo moved to the lower bunk and wraps himself into Mingyu's blankets. Mingyu gives him a pillow to lay on and they both stare into the darkness of their room.

"So...you okay?" Wonwoo asks first.

"Honestly, I don't know, hyung," Mingyu replies with a sigh. 

"Hey, Gyu. It's okay. You can feel like this. It's okay with me and it's okay with the rest of us. We all deserve a little break, so don't beat yourself up too much for feeling this way. Okay?" Wonwoo says, and God was he surprised that all those words came out of his mouth.

Mingyu smiles into the darkness and feels for Wonwoo's hand under the blankets. The older has a way to make him feel so much better just by being there. He couldn't explain it other than with the words he was about to utter yet again.

"Thank you hyung. I love you," he says 

Ahh, there he goes again, Wonwoo thinks.

"Hmm, I'm always here for you, Gyu," Wonwoo replies, and like always, Mingyu knows exactly what Wonwoo means.