Truth 1

Badge

 

"Wow Im so bored I could rearrange this house and write an entire novel." Joy yawned as she scanned the channels of the 30-inch flatscreen tv in the living room. She was slouched on a comfortable position on the sofa and nothing on the television interested her.
Christy chuckled. "Pls write about me and Jesrel if you ever do." The girl was squatted on the shiny tiled white floor leaning against the smaller sofa on the left side of Joy. She was on her phone reading some teen fiction written by teens of course on some online reading community called Wattpad.
Feb turned to Christy from the mirror and raised an eyebrow, her face falsely shocked.   "Ew." She was putting on her L'oreal red lipstick because she mentioned earlier that she was going to take photos. She has always been this playful to Christy and the other girl got used to it so at times like this where she was so wrapped up in the thing she was reading, she dismissed Feb with a slight eye roll.
"Please rearrange our house. I'd tell my parents I did it and they'd raise my allowance and I'll buy you guys that calamares from C and L. Oh my gosh Im craving for it." Johanna made a crying face and sound. She was alone on the dining table busy slicing the chocolate roll they got from Red Ribbon on the way here. Her parents arent gonna be back till Monday so they all decided to sleep over and hang out.
"Guys lets do something fun." Kim said standing up from the other sofa beside Joy. It was thirty minutes past 11pm and she always has the urge to do something when the night is deep like some sort of frustrated vampire. No, not really. It was just her circadian rhythm achieved by so many nights of homework and reports to do just to wake up 5 or 6 hours later to go to class.
Kim was now seated on the floor face to face with Christy. Calling everyone's attention, she moved and made way for the others to fit in a circle. Now in a circular order from right to left, there was Feb, Christy, Joy, Kim and Johanna.  "Truth or dare?" Kim asked, directing the question to the rest of the girls not to make them all choose at once but to ask if they approve of the game.
Feb waved a hand. "Let's do truth. No dares." Receiving nods of agreement and okays from the girls, she took out something from the right pocket of her denim jeans. It was a badge. "This is my kuya's. I forgot to give it to him this morning so we can just use it."
"As in the entire game were just gonna say truth to everything?" Joy asked, the sound of excitement visible in her voice. Feb nodded.
"Yosh!" Kim half-shouted. In Japanese it meant 'Alright' signifying the willingness to go on and do something.
"Okay so we sing a song and pass the badge around. The one holding the badge when the song stops tells a truth." Feb explained.
"Do we sing the entire song?" Christy asked.
Everyone except for her shook their head. "A part of it, maybe chorus?" Johanna answered and everyone nodded.
"Okay let's start. And I know youre shining down on me from heaven..." Feb sang and the rest joined, holding their laughter because of the choice of song, as if singing for the dead.
"Like so many friends weve lost along the way..."
The badge has been passed for the third time now.
"And I know eventually we'll be together..."
Five times.
"One sweet day.."
Christy holds it.
"Oh my gosh guys what do I say?" She said in between laughter. The rest of the girls were laughing now too.
"Just say anything. About someone." Joy said.
Feb held her laughter now. "You can say you hate Kim's attitude sometimes because she's overreacting and lazy and complains about everything and sleeps all day." She laughed again. All of them did.
Christy smacked her. "You just said everything I wanted to say about her." They all laughed again.
When the laugh died down, everyone focused their attention on Christy and she spoke with a smile on her face. "Truth on Feb yayy." She clapped. And Feb imitated her in a mocking way which she always does. "You are the closest to me and you are my favorite person to talk to when I get kilig." They looked at each other and Feb faked a grossed out face. Joy put her hand on and made a vomitting sound. Everyone was in laughter again when the lights flickered. They all looked up to the light on the ceiling and made scared noises, hugging each other.
"Holy ." Kim uttered then there was blackness. When the lights went off everybody screamed. "Dont move, you guys. Stay where you are." She instructed. Then it was quiet. Complete silence. And then she felt something cold in her left hand. It was wet but thick. She smelled it and in that instant she knew what it was. With the complete darkness, she just hoped the person on her left was fine.