"Thanks For Being My Son, Kookie-Yah"

"Appa, Don't Cry"

Namjoon is looking at the gloomy morning sky outside the window from his apartement. It's 8 a.m already but the sky isn't giving any sign when the warm sunshine would appear and lighting the world. The view outside is very dark when it's supposed to be bright at the time, and it's seems like it's going to be raining with storms soon.

 

Dark, gloomy, chilly, everything just like what I feel right now

 

Namjoon's mellow thoughts was about to rise up when a thunder strikes down from afar and creating a loud boom. He flinched a bit at the sudden change of the weather as he heard a faint crying voice of a toddler from his bedroom. Being a clumsy man, he tripped over the carpet in at the television room in his apartement and falling hard on the wooden floor before he quickly standing up again and rushing towards the source of crying voice. Right in his bedroom he found out a boy toddler around three years old already awaken from his sleep and sitting in his crib while crying out loud. Namjoon's expression turned worried as he hurriedly walking towards the crying baby and pulled him out from his crib to hug him tightly.

 

"Ssh, Kookie-yah, appa is here. Don't cry anymore okay? You must be scared with the thunder sounds didn't you?", he says while trying to ease the boy by rubbing his small back in circular moves. This was what his wife taught him to calm their baby back then. Although Namjoon is a very clumsy old man but at least he managed to learn a couple of basic methods to take care of his son from his wife for the sake of their son.

 

A couple of minutes later, Kookie, the baby boy finally starting to stop trembling as his whining starts to fade out and becoming a soundless cry. Tears still falling out from the scared boy but at least he's feeling a lot safer in his father's arms by now. Small hands circled around his faher's neck as he's burying his face in his father's chest. Namjoon can't help but feeling sorry for the scared baby boy. He always thought that he's just a useless father and his wife could take care of their son better.

 

If only Jin is still here...

 

His mind is drifting into the past where every single day contains beautiful memories as he always looking forward for what will happen on the next day. Until the day his wife is gone, leaving all of the beautiful memories alone with him and his son.

 

"Namjoon-ah, if I were dead before you promise me to take care of Jungkook, okay? Never leave him alone and always love him. Please protect him at all cost, I don't wanna see my baby boy getting hurt"

"Why are you suddenly talking like this Jin-ah? You sounds like giving me a death wish before dying soon, it creeps me out you know?"

"Just because..."

"We're going to live a long life while watching Jungkook growing up together, Jin-ah. That's the deal and I don't want to hear any excuse from you. Or are you trying to running away from your responsibility as his mom?"

"No way! Of course not! My baby Kookie is the reason why I'm breathing and living up until now. Well..., of course you are also the one who made me alive as the person I am now..."

"H'huh? Are you blushing right now?"

"N'no...! I'm not!"

"Yes you are"

"I-I'ts because you're making me saying something cheesy Kim-Pabo-Namjoon! A'aah... I'm so embarrased now..."

"It's cute though"

"S'stop it Namjoon-ah..."

"I love you Jin-ah"

". . . ."

"Jin-ah?"

"I... I love y-- Oh wait! Kookie's crying! I should go and check him--"

 

It's always been Jungkook who interrupted Namjoon's lovey dovey moment with Jin and now he's the one who have to deal with it himself. He's feeling sorry for neglacting Jungkook when Jin was with him because he thought Jin will always be there to take care of their son.

 

But now he's not

 

Sighing, Namjoon walked out from their shared bedroom as he still holding Jungkook tightly in his arms. The storms has gone for now but the rain is still pouring hard outside. Both of them are watching the rain silently until a low grumbling sound coming from Jungkook's stomach and breaking the silence. Namjoon can't help but laughing at his son's cute embarrased expression. His doe eyes staring at him cutely while pouting his mouth as if he's saying that it wasn't him yet Namjoon has caught him red handed already. Somehow it reminds him of Jin and it makes his heart aches once again.

 

"Appa... Kookie hangwyy...", mumble the three years old toddler at his father. Namjoon pulled back into reality as he heard his son's words and smiling sweetly at his only child.

"A'ah..., Kookie is hungry? Wait a minute, appa will preparing your food, okay?", says Namjoon while placing Jungkook on the baby chair in the kitchen next to the television room. Jungkook nodding lightly as he's staring at his father with a worried expression. Sure he's only three, he cries a lot when he's afraid and still not good at talking. But deep down, the baby boy is rather considered as a mature one as he could understand that his father isn't good at house chores and everything that he does might lead into an accident in their apartement. That's why he decided to keep quiet and watch his father closely to prevent anything that might harm his father while making his food. Maybe he got this traits from his mother who always taking care of his father too back then.

 

Namjoon is going to the food cabinet where Jin stocked all of their food supplies inside and taking a cartoon of baby porridge out. Namjoon knows that baby porridge isn't something that a three years old should eat anymore but he also doesn't know how to cook properly for his toddler son either, so he decided to make a food that might causing the least trouble for him but still edible for his son. He poured the baby porridge into Jungkook's special bowl and pouring some water into a pot to boil some hot water for the porridge. Namjoon's relationship with stove had never been so good but he really need to cook the water with the stove for the sake of his son. He turn the stove on bravely as the fire starting to boiling the water inside of the pot. He sighed in relief that so far he's not doing anything stupid that might cause an accident, then it reminds him of Jin once again.

 

"Namjoon-ah, that's not how you boil the water! First you need to take a pot and filling water in it, then you can place it on the stove and turn it on so the water will starting to boiling. You should never ever turn the stove first because it's dangerous, and don't forget to check the stove's surroundings first because you might placed something that easily burned by the stove and end up burning the whole apartement, you hear me?"

"Yes eommaaaa"

"Good. You really is hopeless at house chores but I need to teach you everything in case I'm not here to help you"

"That again? Seriously Jin-ah, why are you acting like a dying person like this? I hate it the most when you're implying that you would leave me all alone with Jungkook. You know that I'm also bad at childcare right?"

"Well yeah, I know that I can managed to handle all of the housework, but I'm just worried..."

"You're over acting Jin-ah. Now I'm starting to get suspicious about you..."

"I'm fine Namjoon-ah. I'm just worried okay?"

"I don't buy it"

"Really Namjoon-ah? I'm fine but I'm just a little bit worried of you, what can I do to make you believe in me?"

"Kiss me--"

 

"PA!!"

 

Namjoon got shocked at his son who suddenly shouting at him as he realized that he almost drained all of the water in the pot while daydreaming about the beautiful moment he shared with Jin in the kitchen. He tried to remain calm as he quickly turned the stove off before taking a glance at Jungkook proudly.

 

"Thanks for warning me Kookie-yah. I would have set the whole apartement on fire if you're not here. You really are resembles you mother a lot you know?", says Namjoon while smiling at his son. Jungkook laughs happily as if he understands most of Namjoon's words which makes Namjoon feels at ease. The clumsy father then continued his attempt to make a porridge for Jungkook which end up rather nicely without having him getting burned by the hot water and serving it for his son as soon as it's done. Jungkook taking his baby spoon as he's digging in the porridge and munching it happily even thought there's not much that can be chewed in it. Looking at his son's smile brought happiness for Namjoon. It's as if he's staring at his wife who munched food happily whenever he's eating.

 

"I'm sorry I couldn't make a proper meal for you Kookie-yah. You must be dissapointed with me... I should have listened to Jin better back then...", apologize Namjoon towards Jungkook who's eating on the baby chair next to him. The baby boy seems understand as he put his spoon away on the table and stretched his arms before cup his fathers face in his small palms.

 

"Appa... Don't be sawd..."

Namjoon placed both of his hands on Jungkook's small one before looking at his son and sending him a grateful smile.

"Kookie-yah, gomawo. Appa is not sad anymore because of you"

Namjoon then kissed his son's forehead which makes Jungkook giggling at it. Listening to his son's voice all happy makes his heart flutter. Yeah, Namjoon shouldn't giving up on life just because his wife isn't by his side anymore. He still got Jungkook with him to support him. The love of his life. The love of Jin's life. Their most valuable treasure.

 

"Now finish your beakfast and take a bath. We have a special occasion today and we need to go as soon as the rain stop, okay?"

"Kay, appa!"

 

***

 

The rain has turned into small drizzle since an hour ago, but it seems like going to last the whole day yet Namjoon really need to go out with Jungkook today.  So Jungkook is wearing his blue raincoat and small pair of matching blue boots while Namjoon is holding an umbrella for both of them.  Namjoon isn't the type of an insecure father who thinks that a little bit of rain droplets on his son would give any harm, but he remembered Jin's message about keeping Jungkook out of the rain so he wouldn't catch the flu and getting sick on the next day. That's why he's acting all cautionus today even though that's not like himself at all.

 

Jungkook seems intrested in the rain because his mother was never let him go out in the rain at all, so this is an all new experiance for him. He's jumping on the rain puddle on the street while holding on his father's hand as the water got splashed here and there which makes him giggling in excitement. The way Jungkook behaved like a curious child somehow rather resembles Namjoon than Jin this time. Well, he's their son afterall so it's normal for him to get both parents traits, although on Jungkook's case he looks like his mother more than his father most of times.

 

Namjoon can't help but smiles and feeling excited as well that he's following what his son does. He rarely get to hang out with his son due to his hectic schedule at work, but today he got the feel as a real father and son couple. Both of them are splashing water happily at each other as they are walking towards a certain place near their apartement and Namjoon already being careless to care about Jungkook who got soaked in the rain as well as he is himself.  A couple of minutes later they are arrived in front of a bakery which Jungkook's mother liked the most. Sweet smell of bread spreading out from inside which kind of taming the over excited father and son due the splashing rain game. Namjoon bent down as he's talking to Jungkook in serious way.

 

"Kookie-yah, we are going to enter a heaven of all bread but we should be careful because this bread heaven is guarded by a scary lion called 'Uncle Yoongi'. If he asked you why you are so wet right now just tell him that we got soaked by the heavy rain, not because we are playing with the rain puddle okay?", says Namjoon explaining about the situation to his baby boy. Jungkook nodded with a serious face as both of them entering the bakery. As soon as they stepped in, a scary lion which Jungkook's father explained before showed up right away and staring at both of them judgingly.

 

"Why are you bothered to wear raincoat and umbrella if you're going to get wet?", he ask both of them in low judging tone.

"Well, the rain was very heavy so..."

"Don't lie to me Namjoon. I saw both of you playing in the rain as you're getting all wet from here. Should I remind you that my shop have a huge clear window that allow you to see everything at the street?"

"Well should I also remind you that it's illegal to stalk a high schooler from that huge clear window as well? You might made him afraid, Yoongi-hyung"

 

Yoongi clears his throat to save himself from embarrasement. It's not his fault that the huge clear window allows him to secretly admiring a cute high schooler with black hair and cute eye smile who recently walking in front of his bakery everyday after school, though...

"A'anyway, I'll go get you both towels so you can dry yourself. I'm sure Jin hyung wouldn't want both of you to caught flu on the next day", says the scary bakery owner named Yoongi who often called as Suga, although it's ironic how he's usually acting sugar low everyday or high sugar on occasional event. It's like he never get himself in the right amount of sugar which dissapointing his nickname.

 

A moment later Yoongi is back with two towels and giving it to them so they could dry themself. Namjoon trying to be a good father figure and drying his son before himself. Jungkook smiling brightly as he's thanking his father and Yoongi.

"Gomawo appa, gomawo Unkel Unggii"

"You're welcome Kook-ah. So what do you want today Namjoon?", reply Yoongi before he's asking about the reason of their visit although it was raining hard since morning.

"Ah, I'd like to buy a strawberry cake, hyung. I have a special occation today...", says Namjoon as he finished drying himself. Yoongi nodded at him understandingly before going to the  cake display.

"If I don't get it wrong this strawberry cake is Jin-hyung's favorite one, right?", ask Yoongi again as he's taking out a cake that decorated with strawberry all over it. Namjoon nodded as he went closer to the cake display with Jungkook to see a lot of different cakes in there. Jungkook's eyes lit as he's starting to pointing a couple of different cakes.

 

"Appaaa... Kookie want dat keik... dat keik... and dat keiik... pweaseee?"

Both of Namjoon and Yoongi sweetdropped when they heard the baby pointing at the cakes.

"He sure have Jin-hyung's huge appetite and sweet tooth. He resembles a lot of his mother's action actually", says Yoongi half amazed to see how identical the son and the mother actually is.

"You're right. He even reminds me of the boiling water on the stove when I was spacing out in the kitchen this morning. He really is like his mother...", says Namjoon proudly while patting Jungkook's head.

"Cool. It would be a huge mess if he's taking more like you than Jin-hyung. No one's gonna save that precious house of yours for sure", says Yoongi half mockingly to Namjoon. The insulted man getting annoyed by his old friend's words but he can't really say anything back because it's the truth actually.

 

"Whatever. I'm taking the cake that Jungkook points out, how much all of them?"

"Just pay for the strawberry cake, I'm giving you a discount for Jungkook's cakes because it's a special day"

"Wow really? Thanks Yoongi-hyung"

"You're welcome, come again soon both of you"

"We will! Thanks for the cakes hyung, have a good day!"

 

***

 

Namjoon and Jungkook are now heading towards another shop. Lucky for them that the rain has completely stopped so the can walk without getting wet and afraid of catching flu on the next day. This time they are arrived at a flower shop. The smell of the flowers are very refreshing and good from the outside. They are coming in when three familiar voices echoing the whole flower shop when they are noticing baby Jungkook.

 

"Oh my Gooooood!!! Is that baby Jungkook?? The same baby which was born from Jin-hyung three years ago?? It's been a very looong time that I haven't seen him!"

"Look at that big round doe eyes!! He looks like his mother so much! Good thing that his only feature that his taking from his father is that thin upper lip and thick bottom lip, but his actually came up with a better visual so it's not a big deal! Oooh, you're so pretty Jungkookiee~"

"Kookie-yah! Come play with Tae-Tae hyung!! Hyung misses you soo much!!"

 

The three florist are now squealing at how cute Jungkook is and completly surrounding him as they're forgetting the cute baby's father presence.

"Yah! Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, stay away from my son!! You guys are scaring him!!", yell Namjoon as he quickly pushing the three idiots and taking baby Jungkook into his embrace.

"Aww, come on hyung, you're not fun! We just want to play with you son for a while!", protest Jimin while pouting his plump lips.

"Yeah, we haven't seen him for a long time since Jin-hyung stops working at this place! What's so wrong with that?", this time Hoseok is the one who's sulking because Namjoon is holding his only son thightly and not letting the hyenas touching him.

"No way, if he's playing with you guys he'll get contaminated with you stupidity! That's the least thing that Jin would ever wanted Kookie to be!", says the protective father towards Jimin and Hoseok.

 

The florists are whining at Namjoon and pleading at him to touch baby Jungkook for a couple minutes. But what the three didn't realize is Taehyung secretly walking around Namjoon and playing with Jungkook from Namjoon's back while he's agruing with the other two. Taehyung waved at Jungkook which taking the baby's interest as he's now also secretly focused in him. The florist holding Jungkook's hand which stretched out behind his father as both of them are secretly holding hand happily and waving their hands up and down. Jungkook suddenly giggling at Taehyung which made the other three realized what's actually happening behind Namjoon's back.

 

"Oh my God!! Baby Kookie knows how to play behind his father's back! He have the potential of becoming an international playboy! I wonder who he takes that after, huh...", wonder Hoseok.

"Taehyung-ah!! You cheater!! I want to play with baby Kookie too!!", yell Jimin as he's trying to separate their hands but failed as Taehyung quickly slapping Jimin's hand with his other free hand.

"Kim Taehyung!! Let go of my precious son's hand this instant or I'll cut that hand fo you!", this time Namjoon speaks.

Sadly, the two boys are letting each other's hand go dramatically as if they are a couple that refusing to be separated.

 

"I think he likes me though", says Taehyung while flashing his square smile towards the sulking baby to make him smiling again, "Kookie-yah, when you are growing up would you like to get married with me?"

"Ne!", answer Jungkook happily while nodding at Taehyung. Jimin and Namjoon are getting heartbroken at the same time as they are quickly denying the hurtful truth that Jungkook just accepting Taehyung's playful propose in no time.

"Kookie-yah! Why are you accepting this alien?? Your mother would also get shocked if he saw that! Please don't do this to appa, appa doesn't want this alien to be your husband!!", protest Namjoon.

"Kookie-yah! Why are you choosing Taehyung over me?? I got beautiful abs than him!", protest Jimin as well.

"Well you got no jams Jim, maybe that's why he choose Tae over you", says Hoseok chirping in which sucessfully making Jimin even more heartbroken than ever.

 

"Oh, by the way. That's so unusual for you to come here Namjoon-ah. Is today is the day...?", ask Hoseok carefully towards Namjoon who still holding his son tightly in his arms.

"Yeah..., that's right. So can you guys give me a flower arrangements that Jin might likes?", answer Namjoon. Hoseok smiles warmly at him.

"No problem! Hey Jimin, pick up a couple of red roses, pink roses, white roses, and some baby breaths from the garden. Taehyung, go get the wrapper and arrange to flower together with Jimin, okay?", order Hoseok to his employees as two of them answers him at the same time.

"Roger!"

 

Jimin and Taehyung quickly going towards the storage and the garden in no time, leaving Namjoon, Jungkook, and Hoseok alone in the front office.

"Are both of them finally becoming your official employees?", ask Namjoon to Hoseok while mentioning Jimin and Taehyung that arranging the flower neatly at the back office.

"Yes they are", Hoseok nodded, "But they are usually only coming after school for part time on regular day. They are working full day only on weekend like this. I'm actually having a hard time managing to work alone here after Jin-hyung giving his shop for me, so both of them are very helpful in the end"

"I think Jin's decision to give his precious flower shop for you is a right one, thanks for taking care of his most prized possession other than Jungkook, Hoseok-ah", says Namjoon gratefully which replied by a shrug on Hoseok's shoulder.

"It's not a big deal. I owned Jin-hyung a lot back then, so I can do at least this to repay him. I'm also feeling sorry for both of you and Jungkook to lose him so early..."

"That's okay... I'm starting to get a grip to pull this out by myself, I even managed to do simple chores without actually breaking things in my apartement... Well, with jungkook's help of course, he's really is taking after his mother afterall".

 

Hoseok finally smiling to hear that as the troublemaker duo coming back with a beautiful flower arrangement. Those two might not look like it, but actually they are doing a pretty good job at arranging flowers. Namjoon then excused himself right after paying the flower because he wants to get home before the sun comes down. Also he's actually worried if Jungkook catch a flu so they can't be outside for too long.

"Kookie-yah, come here again soon! And don't forget that we vowed to get married in the future, okay?", says Taehyung while waving at Jungkook.

"Kay!", Jungkook answers before waving back at the older man that he secretly having crush at (?).

"Kookie-yah..., am I not enough for you? I really am heartbroken you know...", whine Jimin again when his bestfriend and baby Jungkook that he likes so much acting all lovey dovey once again.

"Hey Park Jimin, there's a guy who actually intrested in you. I think you better get to know him rather than picking on an underage like my son", chirped Namjoon between their convo as Jimin's face got blushing as he heard the news.

"H'huh? Really? Who is it?", ask confused Jimin while Namjoon only replying him with a mysterious smile.

"Can't tell you! Bye guys, we need to get hurry"

"B'but--"

"Bye Namjoon-ah! Bye Kookie-yah! Say hello for Jin-hyung from the three of us, okay?", cut Hoseok between Jimin and Namjoon's convo because he knows that the father and lovely son might stay longer if he's not making Jimin stay quiet and think himself of the person who got cush on him.

"Okay!"

After that, Namjoon and Jungkook hurriedly leaving the flower shop, also leaving a very confused Park Jimin.

 

***

 

Jungkook already fell asleep half hour ago in Namjoon's arms as they're getting on a bus to their last destination. Jungkook's head keeps falling down a couple of times as Namjoon tried his best to keep his son sleeping comfortably without actually waking him up. An old lady who sit next to them smiling at the heart warming scene as she finally starting a conversation with Namjoon.

"Is he your son? He's very adorable. How old is he?"

"Thanks ma'am, yes he is my son. He's three last September"

"He's very handsome. I'm sure his mother must be a very beautiful person"

Namjoon arleady accustomed at how people managed to guess that Jungkook's beautiful visual must be from his mother at this stage, so he just nodding at the old lady while smiling. Jin is the prettiest human alive back then, so it's the truth anyway.

 

"Yeah, glad that he takes the visual from his mother more than me, though"

"But I don't think your wife is with both of you right now"

"A'ah... about that... My wife actually has... passed away last year. We're going to give the grave a yearly visit today"

No matter how Namjoon tried to say it, there's always a bad taste lingering on his tongue everytime he mention how Jin's already passed away. Leaving both of him and Jungkook by themself alone. The old lady got shocked and quickly apologized to the single father immedietly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that... It must be tough for you to take care of your son alone"

"No problem ma'am... It's been a year so I have to accept in and continue to life for the sake of my son anyway... Sure it is tough, but looking at my son reminds me of his mother and it gives me strength back eveyday"

"I'm sure your wife is proud to see you from the heaven"

"I... I hope so...", says Namjoon ending the conversation and trying his best to smile at the old lady.

 

Their destination is quite far away that it take another hour to get there. In fact, it is the last stop of the bus and both of Namjoon and Jungkook don't have much time as they still have to catch the last bus by 8 p.m.

"Come on Kookie-yah, we're almost there", says Namjoon while holding Jungkook's small hand on his right hand while stabilizing the cake and flower arrangement on his left hand so they're not falling and ruining the day. Half asleep baby Jungkook being dragged by his father towards a certain hill with a lone tree and a gravestone underneath it. They're finally arrived at their destination as Namjoon read the carving on the gravestone.

 

Kim Seokjin

 

Jin-ah...

My wife...

Jungkook's mother...

My one true love in my life...

 

Namjoon spreads a thin mat that he brought in his backpack in front of the grave. As if understands what his father is doing, Jungkook immediately sitting on the mat along with his father. Then Namjoon pulled out the cake and the flower arangement, placing both of Jin's favorite things right in front of the gravestone. He then taking out a lighter from his backpack and lights a couple of thin candles on the strawberry cake.

 

"Happy birthday Jin-ah...", mumbles Namjoon weakly as the candles illuminating brightly on the cake.

"Happi buzzdae... Umma...", says baby Jungkook following his father. Hearing that, Namjoon can't help but finally getting his eyes teary before tears falling down on his cheeks soon. He can't take this anymore. Jungkook reminds him just too much of Jin's presence and it hurts him everytime his son calls out for his mother when the one who he called would never replies him back.

 

Jin has gone forever from his life

Jungkook's mother has taken away from his life

Because of a stupid, careless man who tried to play a father role in the family

Because of Kim Namjoon

Because of me

 

Namjoon still remembers the whole scene as if it was just happened yesterday. Again and again it's running on his head how the three of them decided to go to Jin's favorite places the whole day as it was Jin's birthday. Starting from Jin's favorite restaurant, Jin's favorite park, Jin's favorite's bookstore, Jin's favorite mall, until they decided to go to Jin's favorite memorable place which is the hill outside of the town. It was where he met Namjoon at campus tour for the first time as both of them secretly separating from their own group to take a picture from the hill.

 

Both of them get to know each other easily as if they were fated to met there. They're finally dating later although they came from different major in their campus. As soon as they're graduating and getting job, the couple decided to get married and finally moving on Namjoon's current apartement. Not long after that Jin is finally getting pregnant and they're having Jungkook as their first child.

 

Everything was so fine up until Jin asked Namjoon to drive them to the place where Jin and Namjoon met for the first time. Jin wanted to introduce the place for baby Jungkook so he would know the history of his parents later. Having driven for quite a long time in one day from one place to another Namjoon starting to get tired to have another long travel by car. Jin realizes that and asking Namjoon if he wants to take a rest at the passanger seat and having him to replace the driver seat. Namjoon shakes his head weakly and telling Jin that he's okay.

 

"I'm fine. I can recharge my energy just by looking at your smile Jin-ah. It's your birthday anyway, I want to treat you like a princess today"

"But you always are. Namjoon-ah are you really okay?"

"I'm good. Just sit down and relax. You should learn to enjoy the travel just like Jungkook. Look at how he's sleeping as soon as he's getting seated on his baby seat at the back passanger seat", says Namjoon half jokingly while pointing at their son behind them with his shoulder. Jin turning his head towards their baby and sending their love child his motherly smile.

 

"He is so cute isn't he? I'm so happy that I can spending more of my time to take care of him after I gave my flower shop to Hoseok. I also got to devote myself as a better housewife for my husband as well, what could be better than this?"

"Having me as your super handsome husband and Kookie as your super cute son?"

"Right... Namjoon-ah, I think my life is complete now. I'm so happy with my life and I would'nt change it for anything. I love you so much"

"I lo--"

"NAMJOON-AH LOOK OUT!!"

 

A truck from the opposite way from their car swaying from it's track towards them. Namjoon isn't quick enough to avoid it at the last minute as the truck hit the car side very hard while cautioning both vehicles to flew away from the road safety wall and rolling a few times down the slope until it's finally stopped. Namjoon who got hit by the truck side first passed out as he got the most bruise and cuts. The airbag was opened at his side to protect him, but there's almost no sounds coming out from Namjoon as no one can detected either he's still alive or dead at the time. Different from Namjoon, Jin still managed to be awake at his side yet his breathing is getting irregular and suffocating at the time. Jin tried to move to check his husband's condition only to found out that the car just landed on his side and something sharp stabbed him right in the stomach yet he can't really identify it as his lower body already numb at the time. Tears flowing down on his cheeks as he's starting to think that this is the end for him and his little family. They were so happy a couple hours ago, how could it turn out so bad just in seconds?

 

Jin's sad thought stops when he heard his baby Jungkook suddenly crying out loud from the backseat. Jin tried to rotate his body towards Jungkook to check on him eventhough it causing the sharp object piercing his stomach even more. But right now Jin doesn't care 'cause all he ever want is to make sure that his son still alive and okay.  

"Um..ma... Kookie afraid... Umma... Ummaa...", says Jungkook over and over again. Jin relieved that his son is okay because of the safety baby chair and only getting bruised and cuts from the shattered windows.

"J'Jungkook ah, don't be afraid... Umma is here... Umma is here with you...", says Jin trying calm his son down only to end up coughing blood from his mouth. Jungkook's eyes widen up as he's crying even louder after watching the horrifying scene right in front of him.

"Ummaaa...! Ummaaa...! Don't sick... Kookie scared Umma sick....!"

 

Jin feels like his energy drained up as soon as he stops coughing blood, but he still need to call 119 to rescue his precious family. Fortunately he managed to reach the charged phone next to him before the accident happened as he called the rescue number. Half an hour later the rescue team found them along with the swaying truck at the slope. Jin tried to smile as he heard the sirine coming for them while regaining his last breathes to ease his son who still crying at the moment.

 

"Ssh... Kookie-yah..., Umma loves you very much... Now it's okay... The police will save you and your father soon... Please continue living Kookie-yah, take care of appa okay...?", says Jin weakly. At the last moment somehow Namjoon regaining his conciousness as he's watching his wife smiling at him with stream of tears on his cheeks.

 

"N'Nam... Joon... Ah.., always... g'give your best... for Kookie... okay...? I'I... love... you..."

 

And Namjoon's world suddenly crumbling away when Jin breathes his last breath. Both of Namjoon and Jungkook calls out for Jin's name but there's no replies after that.

 

Jin would never replies them

Jin wouldn't be there for them anymore

Jin has gone.

 

"Appa..."

 

Jungkook's weak voice pulled him back to reality where both of Namjoon and Jungkook crying over Jin just like that time. But today they are trying to be stronger for their favorite mother figure in their lives. Namjoon pulling his son who also drowned himself in tears closely and hugging him thightly before whispering on his ear...

 

"Thanks for being with me Jungkook-ah... I love you and treasures you just like how your mother loves you... Thanks for being the light in my life when Jin isn't there to light my day... I love you Kim Jungkook, and I will always loves you too Kim Seokjin"

 

 

*

*

*

*

*

 

I'm a new Namjin trash actually, I became one because my bias in BTS is Jin and of course liking him would lead me towards his most popular ship ever the holy BTS parents line NAMJIN. Actually I'm shipping VKook / TaeKook more but recently Namjin is getting sweeter just like Suga (?) so I'm finally shipping them too recently :)

 

Anyway thank you for reading! Please write your comments down here, it'll makes me happy ^^