End.

Gotta Catch Them All

Where two Pokemon Trainers end up catching more than just them all.

“They said we can play Pokemon Go in Sokcho, you know?”

That was how Daehyun and Junhong ended up going out of town as soon as their lectures ended.

Junhong’s eyes remained on his phone, Pokemon Go continued to drain his battery, while Daehyun kept his phone on his lap, while he drives around looking for a place to park his car.

“OMG Its actually working!” Junhong exclaimed.

“Can’t you just help me spot a space first for goodness sake? I want to play as well you dip!” Hearing Junhong getting excited over the game is not keeping him calm. If anything it made him even more edgy, especially after their battle with the extremely congested journey into the city – his fingers tapping on the steering wheel rapidly.

Junhong only laughed at the elder and put his phone down.

“Oh! We are here already?” Daehyun rolled his eyes at the comment and finally spotted a space. Daehyun let out a long sigh, finally he gets to play his game.

The area was way too crowded ever since the news about it being the only spot to play the game in the country came out, so the two decided to join in the fun as well. The city was bustling with people, mostly holding on to their phones (and their portable battery) and the pokemon go theme song echoing from different areas in the beach.

“Hyung! Look! I just caught a Rattata!”

Junhong was all amused, makng the older more amused. He was just about to run the game into his phone. Let the games begin.

“No matter what happens, Junhong we are meeting back here at 6PM! I know we are gonna end up splitting up while playing the game” Daehyun said, choosing his avatar and finally entering the field.

The younger only hummed in response – focus no longer on Daehyun but on catching the Magikarp that appeared in his camera.

Daehyun let out another sigh and decided he’ll just deal with the other later - three pokemons just appeared on his screen and he is not planning to lose from Junhong. Having read and watched people play the game online before their impulse trip, the game was relatively easy for him to adapt to.

Catching them was easy for him. After catching them all in his first go, he looked up to see Junhong already in the beach, feet on the sand – focus still placed on his phone.

“OH! Hyung the PokeStop is here!” Junhong screams from the sea shore where dozens of people were crowding on. Daehyun rushed to Junhong’s side and sat on the sand.

Half an hour passed after the stop ran out of its lure module, Daehyun decided to walk around and be the pokemon trainer he should be. Junhong was long gone on his own search for pokemons in the area.

Daehyun decided to go into the minimarket and get a bottle of water, he needs to survive the summer heat to ‘catch them all’. He was about to walk into mart when an Owilfish appeared on his screen – he stopped his steps just buy the door. He quickly pressed on the said pokemon and his camera , capturing a certain male in the snacks aisle in front of him.

Man, he’s so pretty

Thoughts of capturing the fish bouncing in the middle of the screen was gone – he had to capture this beautiful sight. He was just about to capture the shot when said male turned to face him, making him freeze on his spot.

Such a beauty.

*Click*

Said male raised his eyebrow, eyes still staring at Daehyun. He is walking towards Daehyun.

Oh .

Daehyun put his phone down, seeing the beauty walking towards him. His heart is beating so quickly he is sure that it was going to burst any moment now. He don’t know where to look –

“Did you just took a photo of me just now?”

“uh… uh.. I… umm.. There was a rare pokemon there just now! I was taking a photo of it and you got into the shot!” But you are beautiful.

“Oh! You’re playing too as well! What pokemon was it?! I turned it off for a while and I miss a rare one?!” The other hurriedly took his phone out, seeming to start the game to catch the Owilfish that Daehyun is quite sure is gone already.

“Uh… Think it should be gone by now…”

“Aw man… I haven’t caught a rare one yet and it’s been hours since I got here” The male pouted.

Awwww… that’s cute

Making Daehyun smile sheepishly at the other who is still busy with his phone.

“I’m Youngjae by the way! Glad to know a fellow pokemon trainer around” Younjae puts out his hand towards the other who was still in a daze even when he looked up onto the other.

“Hello?” he waved his right hand in front of Daehyun, pulling out the other from his daze.

“Oh! Yes? I’m Daehyun. I’m not from here actually, came down here from Busan with my college roommate” Daehyun held the offered hand – the touch gave him goose bumps, making him shiver. He wanted to keep holding on to that hand, so smooth, and fits so well with his hands. Is this what they call love at first-

Youngjae chuckled at Daehyun’s expression, and not minding the prolonged handshake. His eyes turning to crescents (which gave Daehyun’s heart another pang).

“Oh… Sorry about that” Daehyun retracted his hand and started tapping his thighs instead.

Youngjae smiled at the other’s cute acts.

“Were you about to get anything from the mart?”

“Ah yes water!” Daehyun reached for the bottled water next to where they are standing and grabs the packs of snacks that Youngjae was holding onto and brought it to the cashier; taking his wallet out and paid for their things.

“You didn’t have to pay for mine as well you know”

“But I wanted to. And I would also like ask you for a tour around the area, in return”

Daehyun offered his hand to Youngjae and bowed down, as if asking him for a dance. Youngjae chuckled at that the other’s acts again, putting his hand on the other’s and coming down to match their eye levels.

“Sure, I’ll give you my phone number as plus as well, if you treat me to dinner” Youngjae gave him a quick wink and pulled the other up.

“I’ll take up that offer”

Daehyun was meant to not go back to his town today.


It was 6PM and Junhong was already waiting by Daehyun’s car waiting for his hyung. His phone was critically low and could no longer call anyone – making him off the grid for the last half an hour or so.

“Where the hell is he… told me to come here on time but he isn’t here even” Junhong mumbled to himself. At that moment, his phone beeped.

Junhong-a, go look for dinner first, think we should be going back later to avoid traffic no? ;)

He sighed reading the message, should’ve known really.

Good thing he made a friend while he was walking around by the beach just now.

“Jongup-hyung! My roommate just ditched me, your dinner offer still open?” 



Comments are appreciated! :)