The Beginning

I Bet You're Mistaken

--------Throwback--------

>>> So Eun's POV<<<

People always say they want to be me and that I am their role model. What I usually do to respond to them was smiled and thank them and give them some compliments. But now I'm certainly not sure that I could do the same. Sometimes I asked them why would they want to be me, most of them said because I'm perfect in every way, but those people are wrong. They don't know me well enough to know that I'm not perfect like what they think. Maybe I was perfect until something shameful happened. 

My name is Kim So Eun, I was born and raised in one of the richest family in Asia, my family is known for being a powerful business group called Jung-In Group, we own an international hotel called Jung In International.

Because of my family's business, my parents raised me in a business woman way, they want me to follow their footstep and keep the hotel going. I went to an international school since I was little and went to a well known college in the United States.

My mom really wants my life to be perfect and the only thing I was missing is a boyfriend, she introduced me her friend's son, she said that he fits me and that our family is in equal position in business and economic. His name is Kim Bum. 

I thought that he was really cute and very good looking so I thought it wouldn't be a problem for us to start talking and getting to know each other. After we went on dates after dates after dates, we eventually ended up being boyfriend and girlfriend. My life was so perfect that I felt like I was dreaming.

After 2 years of dating Kim Bum, I have fallen in love with him and thought he is the one for me. When it was our 2 years anniversary, I planned on surprising him with a surprise dinner at our apartment, so I left my work at the hotel early to go prepare food for the dinner tonight. When I arrived at the apartment I don't see Kim Bum anywhere. So I decided to wait in his bedroom, the moment I opened the door I was so shocked. I saw Kim Bum on the bed kissing another girl who I don't even recognize, I thought I was just imagining it up in my head so I looked again and the image is still there. I stood there watching them for about 10 seconds and they still don't seem to notice that I'm standing there. 

So many emotions hit me hardy that I don't even know what to do anymore, it feels like I'm choking all the emotions. I felt anger, sadness, disgust, disappointment and most of all stupidity. I can't believe I'm with him for 2 years and still have no idea that he's this kind of person, I felt like he sees me as a joke, I'm just a piece on his game board. I really wanted to know if he was cheating on me the whole time that we were together, but I was too scared and too angry to ask. I don't have control over myself, all I did was running out of the room in tears. Kim Bum saw me when I was running out of the room, he grabbed a robe and ran after me, and tried to talk to me.

"So Eun, wait! You misunderstood, it is not like what you just saw," said Kim Bum.

"I know what I just saw. You were doing something with very shady and you thought I wouldn't catch you" I responded.

"it is really not like that, you're getting this all wrong!" He said

"clearly you were cheating on me, no need to say more. You disgust me." I replied while walking away

"Where are you going? I have no feelings for her, you're the only one that I love" he said in a shaky voice

"hah says the guy who just cheated on his girlfriend, you're funny , I don't even want to breath in the same area as you" I said while trying to keep my voice not shaking.

"Don't do this" cried Kim Bum

If I stand there a little longer I would burst out in tears, and I don't want him to think that I'm sad and that I'm weak, I want to show him that I can still live without him. I drove to my parent's house and spend the night there, crying myself to sleep. 

Maybe my life is not that perfect after all...

 

>>>END OF CHAPTER 1<<<