Chapter two

I'm better off blind

 

"Do let's go! We will be late for the surgery if you don't come out right this minute!" Baekhyun yelled as Kyungsoo unintentionally locked his bedroom door.

When the sun was up, anxiety took over Kyungsoo.

Last night he was assured by Baek that everything was going to be fine, but this morning things had changed.

He became nauseous, his hands trembled and his knees took a bow to gravity.

"Come on Do, it's okay... Everythings going to be fine. I promise."

"No..."

"Don't you want to see the world around you?"

A few moments later, Kyungsoo spoke from the other side. Words soft and slow, but filled with hesitancy.

"Yes...I want to."

"Don't you want to see me?"

"I want to."

"Then fulfill your promise Do Kyungsoo. Say I do."

"I..." The feeling of hesitancy gradually disappeared as Kyungsoo unlocked the door.

In front of him was Baekhyun, but a sense that's all. He felt him even if though were standing apart.

Despite the fact that he didn't know how Baek looked, he could imagine a kind of smile on his face. An assuring one. One that would make you smile to a great extent.

"Do."

 

"Mr. Kyungsoo, no need to worry, we are just going to apply a few drops in your eyes and it is for the surgery purposes so please co-operate."

All the way until Kyungsoo was taken to the waiting room, he had held Baekhyun's hand, never once letting it go.

As patient as Baekhyun was, he kept on talking to him, giving him words of courage, future promises, and a bit of excitement by tempting him of the world he could finally see.

But right before the operation, when it was time for Kyungsoo to let go of Baekhyuns hand,

Baek had an meeting he had to attend.

"My boss needs my help in something so, I will be back before you can open your eyes alright?" He said and left.

Moreover Kyungsoo couldn't run behind Baekhyun to stop him could he?

The doctor was as much as ready to begin the surgery.

Baekhyuns soft, long fingers were no more to be felt.