would you?

proposal

proposal

shinyoung – pg – 1,363 w

 

:::

This is it.

Shinwoo takes a deep breath as he fixes the hem of his shirt to make it look neater. He tries to slow down his breath, calm down his raging heart beat. He touches his trousers pocket, wrapping his fingers around the small box hidden inside his pocket just to make sure that it was still there. It was.

He obviously had visited his lover’s—Jinyoung’s—house numerous time. But today is different. Today is an important day to Shinwoo—very important that standing in front of Jinyoung’s front door gives his stomach the uncomfortable yet funny feeling he got when he kissed Jinyoung for the first time.

They have been dating for five years—amazing five years. They have planned to have a special dinner at Jinyoung’s place to celebrate. And more importantly, today, Shinwoo is going to propose Jinyoung. Yes. Shinwoo has made up his mind. He is sure that the only thing he wants and needs is to live with Jinyoung, love him and spend the rest of his life with him. Shinwoo knows that Jinyoung is the right person for him. Jinyoung is his everything. Shinwoo sees the whole universe just in those beautiful pair of eyes of Jinyoung’s. Jinyoung’s smile and laughter are Shinwoo’s best medicine. But above all, they love each other.

Shinwoo takes another deep breath before he pressed the bell.

During the seven seconds of waiting for the door to be opened, Shinwoo’s heart beats faster and faster.

Oh, come on, Shinwoo thinks. Don’t be like a love sick teenager.

The door swings open.

“Hi,” Jinyoung greets brightly. “You’re ten minutes early.”

“Oh, am I?” Shinwoo checks his watch. “Sorry. Is everything ready? Do you need more time to prepare? I really, really anticipated this day, and I couldn’t wait to be here, and since the second I woke up, all I hoped for is for the nine hours to pass quickly so I can be here and—“

“Hush now,” Jinyoung cuts him off, chuckling. “I think it would be better if you give me those flowers and greet me back.”

Shinwoo stands there, dumbfounded. He even forgot that he had flowers in his hand!

“Well, hello,” Shinwoo hands the roses to Jinyoung. “Happy anniversary.”

Jinyoung smiles and leans in to peck Shinwoo’s lips. “Happy anniversary.”

Jinyoung walks in. Shinwoo follows quietly. He smiles when he sees the table Jinyoung decorated. It’s just like those tables in the fancy restaurants—silk cloth, wine, candle and all.

“I didn’t expect this,” Shinwoo admits as he takes a seat behind the dining table. “Isn’t it a little…too much?”

“Too much? For a day as special as today?” Jinyoung walks from the kitchen with the roses from Shinwoo which are already put in a vase. He puts the flowers at the middle of the table and sits on Shinwoo’s lap. “Oh dear, you deserve so much more.”

Shinwoo smiles as their foreheads touch. “Just you. Just you is more than enough, Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung smiles. He gets up again and walks back to the kitchen. “I’ll get the food.”

The food is amazing. The dinner is amazing. Their conversation was amazing. But Shinwoo can’t really focus because his mind keeps playing possible scenarios of Jinyoung’s reaction to his proposal. Shinwoo almost feels bad for Jinyoung because of mentally drifting of somewhere every now and then.

“Are you okay?” Jinyoung finally asks. “You seem a bit off today. Did something happen?”

“No, I’m perfectly fine,” Shinwoo answers a little too quickly.

“No. You have something to tell me,” Jinyoung states.

Shinwoo inhales deeply. It is now, or never.

“Well,” he begins. “I have something in mind. Something I’ve kept for a while, actually.”

“What is it?”

“You know that I love you, right? So much?”

“Yes, of course,” Jinyoung answers. “Of course I do.”

“Good. So, uh,” Shinwoo tries to find the words he has rehearsed numerous times in his mind. “I think… I think it would be great if, uh…”

Jinyoung can’t hold back his giggles. Shinwoo looks nervous and he finds it lovely.

“Gosh, why is this so hard?” Shinwoo muttered under his breath. “I’ll go straight to the point, then.”

“Okay,” Jinyoung puts a hand under his chin. He watches Shinwoo with a wide smile as the taller male stands up and walks closer to him.

Shinwoo feels his heart thumping hard against his chest—so hard that he is afraid his ribs will break. Shinwoo knows and is sure that Jinyoung loves him just as much as he does. But marriage is a life changing decision. A great responsibility comes in one package with the great joy of marriage. And during the five years they are together, never even once they talk about this matter. There is a chance that Shinwoo won’t get what he wants. But, whatever Jinyoung’s decision is going to be, whatever Jinyoung’s answer will be, Shinwoo is ready. Shinwoo is willing to accept it like a gentleman he is.

So, while trying to steady his breaths and heart beats, as calm as he can, Shinwoo kneels down in front of Jinyoung.

“Oh my god,” Jinyoung’s eyes widens as he realizes what his lover is doing.

Shinwoo reaches down his pocket to take the ring he keeps. “Jung Jinyoung…”

“Oh, God, no…” Jinyoung stares at the ring in the red velvet box. He shook his head. “No…”

Shinwoo’s heart falls. He hasn’t even said anything. So, it’s a no?

“Well, uh,” Shinwoo gets up again. He closes the ring box and puts it on the table awkwardly. “I’m sorry. It’s too soon for you. You are not prepared, I know. We never talk about this at all, so, yeah. I understand why you say no. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have—“

“Shinwoo, look.”

“—done this all at once. It’s okay, really, I respect your decision. I will take things more slowly, and whenever you’re ready, even if it takes another five years, or probably an even longer period of time, I will still be—“

“Shinwoo, listen,” Jinyoung says a little louder.

Shinwoo stops at once. Is Jinyoung getting mad? Oh, god, no. He must have ruined everything. He should have seen this coming. Jinyoung is all unprepared. But, hey, is that a smile  on Jinyoung’s lips?

Shinwoo frowns in confusion. 

“Look,” Jinyoung slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out something small. It was a box. A small red box similar with Shinwoo’s. Shinwoo’s eyes widens in surprise. “Shinwoo, I was planning to propose you as well!” A chortle escaped Jinyoung’s thin lips.

Shinwoo looks at the box in disbelief, then at Jinyoung’s smiling face, then at his box on the table. “So, you…?” Shinwoo couldn’t finish his sentence, because he has broken into a peal of laughter. “Jesus Christ.”

Jinyoung laughs along.

Shinwoo laughs his heart out. He had been worried for nothing. Jinyoung loves him—he should have known that that is enough. He looked at his lover with loving eyes. He loves it the most to see Jinyoung laughing. The smaller man’s laughter is so melodious to his ears. The way the corner of his fox-like eyes crinkled and the joyful look mean everything to Shinwoo’s heart.

Jinyoung turns his head to his lover. Their eyes meet. Their laughter begins to die down, bringing the comfortable quietness back. They stare at each other with smiles on their faces.

“So, will you marry me?” Shinwoo asks.

Jinyoung raises an eyebrow in amusement, “Do you really have to ask that?”

“Just answer. Will you?”

The slightly younger man chuckled, “I will. Of course I will.”

“I love you so much, Jung Jinyoung,” Shinwoo smiles widely, wrapping his arms around Jinyoung’s slim waist.

Jinyoung lets himself fall into Shinwoo’s hug and answers, “I love you too, Shin Dongwoo.”

Shinwoo kissed the top of Jinyoung’s head before resting his head on it. The smile on his face won’t go off, but he doesn’t mind even a bit. For a moment, the two of them stayed on that position, enjoying the warmth and silence.

“So now,” Jinyoung’s soft voice barely breaks the silence. “Do we exchange rings or what?”

:::

 

my first shinyoung (yay)!

this fic is based on a tumblr post i saw several days ago,

so basically i do not own the plot

(and, yesss, i am a sherlockian ;)).

well,

i’d love to hear what you guys think of this.

thanks a lot for coming by (:

xxx