Coming of Age

Coming of Age

Your POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Jeon Jungkook!!!" 

It was your best friend's 20th birthday and all of your friends, and his friends, namely BTS were gathered around the door as your best friend, clad in just a casual white tee and jeans, and his favourite Timberlands, sauntered in the dorm. Singing 'happy birthday' in the top of your lungs while clicking away on your camera, you chuckled as you noticed his facial expressions changing every second. First, you noticed his usual lazy, tired stare as he opened the door, then froze momentarily as he the lights. Why does he always look so tired? And finally that cute shocked expression that stayed on for a whole minute before his eyebrows softened and tears trickled down his beautiful face. Still a child. You noticed how his crescent like eyes, dark and tired, now wide open and glistening as his cheek bones rose ever so slightly. As you took the millionth photo on your camera, you noticed how for a split second, his eyes seem to bore at yours, even he could've been staring at the camera. Shiver. You quickly shook away the thought and focused on taking more pictures. You smiled as you watched him run straight past everyone and into his mother's arms, who he hadn't seen in years. You smiled even more, tears threatening to spill from your eyes as he timidly hugged his dad and his older brother, also someone he hadn't seen for ages. 

 

The afternoon continued on like that, him greeting his family members that he hasn't seen forever, all of the guests singing and eating and chatting away. You and your member unnies just quietly served the guests and gave Jungkook time to be with his family as they had to go very soon. You were always very close with his parents, them treating as their own daughter. After all, it was Jungkook that helped you get accustomed to Korea, namely Busan, when you first arrived, not knowing much about Korean culture and their language. 

 

It was about 8pm when everyone had to leave and Jungkook, teary eyed that emotional muscle man had to bid goodbye to his parents. It was also then that Hoseok oppa started to pester the said maknae to open his gifts, starting with the three most important ones that everyone that turns into an adult must receive; roses, perfume and a kiss.