THE UNHOLY CONFESSION

Only Heaven Knows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heaven is a place we all hang on to that we are going there someday.

Heaven is the place where as a human being, even if the person doesn’t believe in anything bigger than they are, wish to go there. It’s the promised place that every grander being has told their followers that if they do as they say and follow every step they will win a little piece of whatever heaven they have spared for them and that they’ll be rescued from being damned.

That’s a little different from what Jimin had ever thought of heaven to be. For him, heaven and everything that had to do with it and everything his mother and father had taught him about believing in God, then again, felt empty in his heart. When many things fail to feel right he goes and prays for that one person to come and take him out of here because he doesn’t think he’ll make it out alive.

For Jimin heaven is a place that only the ones that had ever truly listened to what the pastor had been telling them know that there was a possibility that it was wrong and that everything that they had taught him to be ‘true love’ is utterly erroneous. Simply put, after everything that had happened, Jimin doesn’t believe that God is truly a God of love.

Nobody deserves the things he goes through on a daily basis. He doesn’t wish this to anyone; not even his nemesis.

It was a Sunday. The weather was nice and the day was beautiful outside. Perfect to go out on a pic nick. The flowers bloomed and the smell of morning dew was in the air dancing along with the cold air of spring.

“Jimin come down the breakfast is ready!” his mother announced from the kitchen where the exquisite odor of American breakfast style came from. “And is going to get cold.”

Jimin saw himself in the mirror for a last time. His white button shirt, black pants and black shoes were all in place; even his chestnut hair was brushed forward and ready to go. The only missing thing was his tie that hung loosely around his neck. He contemplated the fact of how it would look like if it hanged on his neck as it would take his breath away. Science says that the life of a person flashes before the eyes for fifteen minutes when the person’s dying.

Will he even see his –

“Also, we are getting late for church.”

He walked down the stairs arranging his tie and sat down at his usual chair that was in front of his father and to his left his mother’s chair. Never raising his sight towards his father. Always looking down for his own good. Mr. Park was reading the newspaper with a smoking pipe on his mouth, but Jimin could feel him raise his gaze from the newspaper and look at him sternly as if telling him to hurry up and do whatever he has to do quickly.

Jimin is finally neatly settled for church and eats the food as fast as he can because he knows the consequences of arriving late to church are pretty bruising.

There are a lot of things Jimin miss in his house. For example, when his brother used to be there in the same house with him fighting against dragons and beast from the kingdom. What he misses the most was when the house used to be a home. That’s the best exemplary of a broken home torn apart by decisions said to be done by the good cause of His Grace the Lord are precisely right here in this house and there was nobody else to blame than to his own and Yahve for letting it happen.

Things changed so fast he didn’t even felt or saw them coming. Jimin is remotely sure that everyone in town was mad at him, even God himself. But, who is he to question or to defend himself against the many profanities he deserves? He is no one.

Sadness doesn’t cease and the many question increase as of why did he had to go through all of this. He quite remembers when everything used to be so different and when he wasn’t so unhappy. When he was vivid and not so quiet; he remembers it all too well. Jimin gets happy when he thinks of something funny or when he’s planning on doing some kind of adventure to the abandoned mansion at the other side of the Benson hill however nothing ever last and the nostalgia and sorrow come all too quickly when the chair to his right was empty.

Where he used to sit down and make funny comments about how Jimin always resembles a chipmunk when he eats quickly filling up both of his cheeks making everyone in the table burst into fits of laughter. Nowadays he eats slowly and everyday a little less than the other. Nowadays he doesn’t even dare to pass by the room or crack a joke.

They go to the church and sit down in their usual middle row. The church wasn’t big but it’s all beautifully decorated in bronze, whites and gold that hints the reds. It looks so pristine and worthy of any beautiful celestial being. With the mosaics windows of the angels, the and Jesus with his eyes closed praying. They say that the church is the house of God and that he is always there but, how come he wasn’t there ever since, why has Jimin never felt the presence of such a Majestic being?

“Good day everybody!” the pastor greets and everybody reciprocates the greeting with the same cheery tone. “How are the brother and sisters of this beautiful town?” and everyone replies with saying that they’re good. The pastor starts talking about how blessed they are for waking up to another beautiful day and that God loves them all.

Unlike other days that he talks a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter