I thought I loved you

I thought I loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* * *

“Love is a fickle thing. It’s as unpredictable as the wind and you will not even see it coming, so when it comes, it just hits you.”

* * *

 

Once, there was a boy who liked his best friend, more of a brother to be exact. He did not want it to happen, but it just did. He tried holding onto his dear heart, thinking that it might save him from pain, because he knew that the person he likes already love someone else. The ache that would suddenly eat away his heart whenever he hears him talk about him. The fleeting glances, subtle touches—everything; he was able to see.

Sure, the said person might be oblivious of his favorite hyung’s touches, thinking nothing more to it as it is a usual occurrence among the members. Always thinking it’s just a friendly gesture.

But it’s not.

And Minghao is also guilty of this.  Taking every oppotunity that's presented to him.

That person might be oblivious, but he can also say that to the person who holds his heart. 

 

 

Minghao doesn’t envy other people. He is sure of that.

But now, seeing how close they are to each other, he can’t help but feel just that.

“Why him? What’s so special about him?”

Minghao thought.
 

He wanted to know what made that person special in the eyes of the person who mattered most to him.

“Maybe it’s time for me to find out.”

Minghao was never envious.

And he feels bad, for now, he does.

 

 

Minghao watched his graceful movements, sure, he may not be part of the performance team but there’s just something beautiful in his movements that would make anybody want to watch; that could mesmerize anyone. The gentleness of his touches, the soft fluttering of his eyelashes, the way he blows on his penmanship after writing— just to avoid marring his script for the fans (because he’s considerate), and everything else.

Minghao watched. He observed everything. He saw everything.

He understood why.

(Why the person he likes love that person.)

But he did not see it coming.

Now, this is the part that he doesn’t understand.

“How did I fall for him?” Minghao thought, panicking.

 

Minghao was sure that it was not meant to happen.

This might be a cruel joke, a punishment even, for feeling envious.

He likes Jun, but how come his heart flutters whenever he sees their American hyung?

Why does his breath hitch whenever he comes too close for his comfort?

He is positively sure that his heart stops whenever he touches him.

He smiled at him. He’s being far too kind to him. But he is kind. He's always kind.

He watched. He only wanted to understand why his Jun-hyung fell in love with their pink-haired hyung.

He did not want to fall in love himself.

That’s absurd. Everything’s a mess.

 

 

A month has passed. Minghao is still in turmoil about his feelings.

He wants to confess, but now, he’s not sure to whom. Maybe the right thing to do is to finally confess to Jun, he was the person he first liked after all. Minghao doesn’t want to admit. He will never admit to himself that he feels something stronger for Joshua, “why am I even thinking of this?” Minghao wants to punch himself for that.

Finally reaching his limit, he stood up to start searching for his favorite hyung. He will finally confess.

“I will.” Minghao muttered to himself

He first went to check their room, but Jun wasn’t there. If he’s not in the room, there could only be one place where he could find him. He closed the door quietly as to not disturb anybody, he quickly moved away from the door and willed his feet to take him to the practice room.

When he entered the practice room, there’s still no sight of Jun. He moved inside and closed the door shut behind him, there are still mini practice rooms to his left where he could probably check. He moved towards the first door, he put his hand on the knob and turned it, slowly pushing the door open quietly.

What he saw made him halt for a moment, no, he’s not surprised to see them together, but the fact that they’re far too close to each other did give him a bit of surprise.

Not the way they’re being close when there are prying eyes around them.

 

Jun was leaning on him; his head resting on the elder's shoulder who's playing the guitar, left cheek pressed onto Jun’s crown.

Joshua’s practicing a song for their upcoming concert. It’s his solo stage, but why is Jun with him? 

“Okay, I know I am intruding. Move your feet Minghao! Damn it, you’re not meant to see this. LEAVE.” Minghao started berating himself but he can’t seem to move from his spot, he’s frozen.

He doesn’t know what to feel. He should hate himself because he should’ve known.

But he also wants to hate them. He doesn’t know why. He’s being selfish. Just being selfish.

No. It’s impossible. How could you hate someone you love? And he doesn’t know who he’s referring to anymore.

“Jisoo… I love you.” Jun stated, enough to be heard by Minghao and Joshua despite the latter's strumming.

Joshua didn’t stop, not surprised by Jun’s words because…

“I know.” Joshua replied

Minghao finally found his ability to move again.

 

 

Minghao lay on his bed, staring at the ceilin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter