WILD

Welcome To Sin City

Black.

 

I never get why people always thought that black isn't good, that black is always evil.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror. Black shirt, black leather jacket, black ripped-jeans, and black boots.

 

I am black.

 

Okay maybe black is evil, but it still looked good.

 

I looked at the pricey watch on my wrist and it flashed 12 midnight. Alright, time for "The Hunt". I can't actually remember when was the first time I used that word, or when was the first time I ever needed to use that word, but I can remember the first time I stepped in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Sin City, as the rest of the world calls it. I was 19, young and naive. I ran away from home—after being the black sheep of the family I didn't expect anyone to post LOST KID on some random wall, and boy was I right. I was almost tempted to go back home and be a little angel to my parents until I met Jisoo. He was working as a dishwasher on one of the 5-star restaurants and he found me freeloading the trash. I could say he saved me then from hunger, he saved me from dying and gave me a new life.

It was a simple life. I was contented but he had dreams. He wanted to go to college, learn music and be some famous musician someday. Huge- dreams that were oddly suffocating for me, and so two years after, I watched him walk out of our apartment carrying his guitar and my broken heart with him. I watched him walk out of my life.

And then I was walking towards hell. I was broke, almost homeless, but the restaurant's owner saw my potential and signed me up at some casino as a host. As my hair grew, my reputation strengthened as well. I became the famous Yoon Jeonghan, the guy with the long shiny hair and a huge ...

"Cocktail please," I said to the bartender. The Hunt proved to be fruitless tonight. Most of my regulars were nowhere in sight—must on a cruise somewhere in the Carribean—so I decided to just look for someone to play with instead, but I kept thinking about last night.

The image of the boy, whose smile could probably cure cancer, was imprinted on the back of my eyelids and I can see his face whenever I close my eyes. I can still feel his wet kisses against my neck and his strong arms around my waist. I can still hear his ragged breath as he pounded my . I can still feel his

"Cocktail please" I heard a familiar voice say and was followed by "Penny for your thoughts?" he said as he slid an actual penny beside my drink. I tried my best to look composed. I wouldn't want this boy to know how much my heart was beating against my chest. 

"Wow. How smooth" I said without looking at him and took a sip of my drink "I should've known, I used that last night."

I heard him laugh and I can't help looking at him. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt with a huge pretzel printed on it. He looks very much out of place, but for whatever reason, I still preferred to look at him instead of the expensive suit-clad men around. Call me e but he looks legal enough to me.

"Sorry, I'm not very good at flirting," he said. He was smiling his sunshine smile even if he had his eyes down . "I guess I wasn't that good in bed either" that caught me off guard.

"What made you say that?" I was genuinely shocked.

"Well, you kind of just left me so yeah" he was tracing the rim of his glass. "I mean you didn't even tell me your name" he looked at me with sad eyes and frantically added "but it's okay if you don't want me to know, who am I kidding, you're so beautiful I'm just a nobody and it's um an honor to have that" 

I kissed him. Mainly to shut him up, but mostly because he looks so cute while he was blabbering and I can't control myself anymore. I smiled at his totally stunned face. "You're awfully talkative my sweet pretzel" I my lips hungrily. Gosh, my reputation is going downhill. 

He finished his drink in just one gulp then I remembered something "You didn't tell me your name either." he choked, making some of the liquid spill on his cheek. Damn that's cute but still y.

"Ugh. Seokmin" he said while he was wiping his shirt with a napkin.

"Come on Seokmin let's go for a walk."

--

The night air was dry. We walked side by side at the park just outside the Casino. It was weird for me not to be inside the Casino or in a private room somewhere at this hour but who cares, everything was weird since last night. I looked at Seokmin beside me, walking with his head down. How can someone look so innocent and y at the same time?

"So. What are you doing here?" I said just to break the silence.

"Uhm. Walking with you?" 

"Haha. Very funny"

He scratched the back of his head and sighed, "I'm usually the funniest one in our group and to answer your question I'm here with my friends for 2 nights and 3 days of endless fun and debauchery, but as you can see we kind of have different uhm agendas. And by agenda I mean we were doing"

"different people" I finished his sentence for him "but that would just be awful if you'll do one person at the same time. Do you like that?" I asked him as we sat down. 

"What? No! I don't uhm" he was wiping his hand on his jeans "I don't like to share" and then he was looking at me. His eyes were sincere like he really just wanted to keep me for himself. I know I do not deserve him in any way. It was too early to say that I'm falling in love with him but it feels like gravity was pulling me towards him. I felt him move forward and I was ready for the kiss but he jerked back away from me.

"SEOKMIN-HYUNG!" an irritating high-pitched voice came from behind me. I turned to look and saw a couple of teenagers running towards us. "Hey, I found him!" The source of the voice said. He was cute in a way that babies are cute. Behind him, two figures were running. One has bubblegum-blue hair and the other one was rainbow-colored.

"Whoa!" rainbow head said when they reached us.

"Double whoa! I thought you were a girl whew" loud one said.

"Hey! I thought you knew better than to go with a hooker alone in a foreign place — no offense you look very high class but I just want my friend to be safe. Oh! how much did he pay for you?" bubblegum-blue was blabbering and it was getting on my nerves.

"SOONYOUNG! SHUT UP OKAY! I texted you didn't I?" Seokmin stood up, his beautiful features masked with rage and embarrassment? I guess he was embarrassed with me. "Stop being rude to him you idiot, you don't just go around judging people like that. He's not" and then he turned to look at me "You're not a ... a hooker, right?" 

Everything shattered then.

I know what I was, Soonyoung was right of course, that I'm high class, VERY high class. If I told him how much is my rate he'll probably flip over the bench beside him, but you can never justify my sins with millions of dollars. Whatever fantasies I have, of a romantic night with Seokmin blew up on my face with his friend's words. I remembered the day I saw Jisoo for the last time. We didn't talk, but his face when he saw me with a man's arm around my shoulders said enough. The pain was excruciating, but I learned how to be tough.

"I don't think your friend here could've afforded me if I tell him how much I am per night so I should probably go. Nice to meet all of you" I stood up and started to walk. Seokmin grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from his friends, ignoring their stubborn shouts. "No" I yanked my hand from his grip. "Please, let me go" I felt warm tears pool in my eyes but I fought them back. I'm not going to cry no.

"Hey I'm sorry" he held my face in his hands "Please I want to know you more, I don't care what you are," he said.

"But you do," I said and he did not answer. I waited for him to deny it but instead, he said, "It's my last night tonight."

I turned my back and walked away. He didn't follow.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N BOO ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this has been sitting in my drafts for some time now lol. Sorry for the angst I just have to. Please stay tuned for the last chapter, I think you all know what the title would be haha. Do you want a happy ending? We'll see haha. I just want to say thank you to the 10 people who subscribed to this story, I know this was a very unusual ship but thank you for liking it haha. Lovelots mwah mwah! 

 

SEOKMIN'S SWEATSHIRT ASFKJSDFKJDSLKGJHJL