Fin

Dance Class

Seulgi could not live without dancing. It was what could keep her sane when everything around her stressed her. So when she moved to another city to continue her studies, one of the first thing she did was to find a new place where she could dance.

Of course, she could dance in her small apartment but it did not deliver enough space for her to move freely. At least not without getting bruises on her - she had already tried before and did not want to experience it again.

That was why she was at the present time, on a Monday evening, standing in front of the nearest dance studio. She had seen on their website that they provided hip hop dance classes, Seulgi's favorites, so she decided to take a better look at it. The front of the building showed in bright colors the words D.A.N.C.E Studio.

 

Once she entered the building, she was welcomed by the warm smile of the receptionist.

"Hello ! Welcome to D.A.N.C.E Studio !" The latter said. "Can I help you ?"

Seulgi quickly scanned around the place and could see people walking towards the corridors situated on the right and on the left of the receptionist.

"Hello. Yes, I would like to join a hip hop class." Seulgi replied and the receptionist nodded before looking back at her computer.

"Well, let's see..." She typed something on her computer. "Well, all classes are full for the two upcoming weeks... Is it okay ?" She looked at her apologetically.

"Erm..." Seulgi did not know how to say it was not. She needed to dance. Her body was asking for it. She was not going to dance in the streets, was she ?

"But I have a modern dance class tomorrow evening ! Would you like to join it ?" The receptionist asked with hopeful eyes.

 

Modern dance.

Seulgi scrunched her nose. She could not say she liked this style nor could she say she hated it. She just did not feel it.

Sensing that Seulgi was not up for it, she tried to convince her. "If you want, there's a modern dance class at the moment. I can take you there so you see by yourself how it is. Okay ?"

The receptionist, whose nametag showed the name Joy, led her to one of the practice rooms. There was at least fifteen dancers inside it.

Seulgi's eyes roamed around the room before stopping on a figure. It was a girl who was dancing so beautifully that Seulgi could not look anywhere else. Time slow down and nearly stopped as she keep on watching her.

She was moving gracefully and it seemed like she was the one controlling the music with her movements. Seulgi wished she could see the girl's face and when she finally saw it, she could not get more mesmerized than she already was. The girl was extremely beautiful, she could not deny it. Time seemed to stop once again and Seulgi hoped for it to keep on freezing itself.

 

Joy noticed it and slightly smiled at the other girl's actions.

"Ah ! I forgot to tell you, tomorrow will be a beginner class so it's taught by our own students ! Ah ! She's right there, the one wearing pink and black !" Joy said.

Seulgi looked out for the girl and realized it was the girl she had been staring at.

"She's the one teaching ?" Seulgi asked, suddenly getting more and more interested in joining the next day's class.

"Yes ! I hope you don't mind !"

"No, it's okay ! Then, I think I'll join it, please !" Seulgi pleaded her. She absolutely wanted to join it now. Whether she liked modern dance or not, she would do anything just to see the dancer again.

"Okay. You just have to fill a paper then you'll be registered." Joy smiled while giving the girl the said paper and the latter quickly filled them.

 

Joy always knew how to make people take modern dance class. Joohyun was a great dancer, everybody could see it. Nearly all the girls wanted to learn how to dance like her and boys came just to be able to see her. 

She was thankful that the teacher for the beginner class was Joohyun and that the latter was beyond perfect at dancing. She did not know how she would do without her. Maybe she would have to cancel the modern dance classes... She quickly shook her head. There was no way she would have to do so as long as Joohyun, her best friend, was here.

Joohyun and Joy had been friends since middle school and were inseparable. They founded this dance studio two years ago although they were both young. Their parents helped them financially in founding it. Finding dance teachers and students was neither a problem. That was how their studio was still running.

 

The next day, Seulgi was excited to see her angel dancer once again. The previous night, she had even dreamed of the latter and could not think of a time when she slept better than that night.

When she entered the building, she greeted the receptionist with a nod and a smile before making her way towards the same practice room as the day before.

As she entered the room, she could not stop herself from looking around for a certain girl. Much to her dismay, she was not here yet.

She watched as the others had already begun their stretching, so she did as well.

Less than five minutes after, she finally saw her entered the room. And Seulgi could not be happier to see her again. 

Their teacher then walked in front of the large mirrors and turned to them.

"Hello." She simply said.

Her voice is so soft and so smooth.

"For those who wouldn't know me, I'm Irene, your teacher for the modern dance class for beginners !" She then smiled at the audience. "Well, let's begin !"

 

And so the class began and Seulgi, despite being a rather good dancer when it came to hip hop, needed to admit she had some trouble keeping up with the choreography. She would often stare at Irene's body and was truly amazed by the latter's effortless movements.

Irene would from time to time give instructions to the students individually, telling them what they should in order to get the movement right. However she did not say anything to Seulgi, much to her dismay.

As she did not want Irene to look down at her for dancing so badly, she tried her hardest and when the class was near its end she was almost done with coordinating the movements. 

"That's all for today." Seulgi noticed the latter was slightly out of breathe, but not as much as she was. "You all did a good job ! Thank you for coming ! I hope you enjoyed today's lesson." Irene said, to which the class cheerfully replied a "yes".

She then exited the room, without forgetting to say goodbye to all of them. Seulgi did as well and, before leaving the building, she turned back to the poster where the classes were written along the days and the hours. She saw when would be the next modern dance class. She then faced the receptionist.

"Erm... The modern dance class of Thursday, is it still for beginners ?" Seulgi asked Joy who lifted her head up to her.

"Yes, it is." She replied, knowing what the other girl had in mind.

"And... Erm..." She fidgeted. "Is she, I mean, is it-" Seulgi was cut off before she could even form her question and her cheeks flushed.

"Yes, Irene is the one teaching this class too." Joy replied with a smile, as if she could read her mind.

"Well, is there any places left ? I'd like to join it." Seulgi said and Joy smile while registering her to the dance class.

"Bye ! See you on Thursday !" Joy happily said good bye to her and Seulgi got out of the building.

 

 

Seulgi came again the next Tuesday evening to attend Irene's class once again.

As the dance class had ended, Seulgi was making her towards the exit until she heard someone call her name. 

"Ah, Kang Seulgi !" Joy called out and ran to her.

Seulgi turned to face the smiling Joy. "Yes ?"

"There's a place for you for a hip hop class !" Joy broke out the news to her.

"Oh, really ?" Seulgi excitedly exclaimed. She liked the modern dance classes but she still miss dancing to hip hop. "When is it ?"

"It's on Thursday, during the evening." Joy told her.

"Ok- Wait. Isn't it during the modern dance class ?" Seulgi asked.

"Yes, it is. Why ?" Joy asked while smiling even though she already knew the answer.

"Erm... Well, I enjoy modern dance classes so I'll just stick to it for the moment."

"Oh, you do..." Joy said with a knowing look. "Too bad Irene doesn't do hip hop class, right ?" She then asked teasingly the other girl.

"Yeah..." Seulgi said while sighing before snapping her head back at Joy and widening her eyes. "I mean, of course ! She's such a good teacher !"

"So I guess I just have to register you right now, right ?" Joy asked her, even though she knew the girl would say yes.

"Yes please." Seulgi replied.

 

Irene was picking up her things and getting ready to leave when Joy came to her. She asked her if she knew who Seulgi was.

"Which one ?" Irene asked while furrowing her eyebrows. 

"Kang Seulgi." Joy repeated more slowly.

"You have to tell me how she looks like. You know I'm not really familiar with all the names."

"She's the one who came three weeks ago for the first time. You surely remember, she's your newest padawan."

"The cute one who always wears a pikachu T-shirt ?" Irene said.

"Yep, that one. I even offered her to go to a hip hop class but since it was during your modern dance class, she refused." Joy said.

"Are you sure she only comes for me ?" Irene asked her, puzzled by what Joy was saying to her and the latter nodded in response. "Do you think I should try to go on a date with her ?"

"Of course ! She seems kind and it's been so long since you've dated and you're getting old !" Joy walked away from Irene.

"What do you mean by I'm getting old ???" Irene yelled at her.

"Just go for it, Irene ! Her name's Seulgi ! Kang Seulgi, remember it well !" Joy said from the distance.

 

 

Seulgi came once again and tried her best so that Irene would compliment her or at least tell her she was improving. That was all Seulgi wanted, for the moment.

At the end of the class, Irene finally talk to her, much to Seulgi's delight. 

"You're improving, your movements are less stiff than before. Hope you'll continue like this !" She then smiled at Seulgi, making her unable to reply to Irene. Even the simplest words would not come out of and she was sure if she tried to say anything, only a disgracious grunt would come out.

But to her surprise, she managed to let out a small "thank you", almost inaudible but Irene still heard it and smiled to her.

The truth was, Irene had spent nearly all the class looking at Seulgi. She could not understand how she had never noticed her before. The latter moved smoothly and, Irene could not deny it, she was really beautiful. She thought it would be a good opportunity for her to talk to her.

 

As Seulgi was about to exit the practice room, she heard Irene telling her to wait for her.

"You know, Joy, the receptionist." Irene began. "She told me she thinks you only come to the modern dance classes for me. Is it true ?" Irene boldly asked Seulgi with a hint of teasing and hoped for the girl to say yes, because the more she thought about her, the more she thought it would be a good idea to date again - especially with someone as cute and as good at dancing as Seulgi.

"Erm... Well, I was interested in modern dance and then..." Seulgi did not know why she was lying to her. She could simply said it was true and see what was going to happen after that, but no. She had chosen to lie. "I came again since you know..." You're incredibly beautiful and I can't stop thinking about you. "I found it cool and decided to continue going to your classes since you're such a..." Gorgeous. "Good teacher ! Yeah, a good teacher ! And I... really wanted to learn how to do modern dance." Seulgi finally finished her sentence.

"You know you're not the only who does that. I mean, coming to my classes only to see me." Irene said quite confidently and then suddenly her tone changed, she seemed less confident. "But if you... want to see me outside... of the dance studio, we could... Well, you know, maybe get to know each other better... And maybe drink something together ?" Irene closed her eyes as she knew she sounded really awkward. Besides, Seulgi's silence did not help reduce the awkwardness.

"O-okay, I mean... Of course I would love to !" Seulgi exclaimed.

 

As they were making their way to the nearest coffee shop, Seulgi thought she could not lie to Irene anymore.

"To tell you the truth, I really came to your class because of you. I used to hate modern dance."

"And now, do you enjoy it ?" Irene asked her while smiling.

"I like it a lot, thanks to you."

Irene nodded at her words and decided it was her chance to ask the other something else.

"And, by any chance, do you like me a lot too ?" Irene could feel her cheeks flushing a little. She was surprised she did not stutter while talking.

Seulgi could not stop herself from blushing.

"Y-yeah..." Seulgi lowered her head.

"Great !" Irene then took Seulgi's hand in her own. "Come on, don't be shy on our first date !" Irene said with a bright smile and Seulgi reciprocated it.