Caring For You

Hopeless but Not Heartless

Byulyi woke up with a soft whimper, feeling a burn in her stomach that seemed to become more painful as the seconds passed. She bit her lip to hold back a groan as she realized that she had left her medicine at home. Glancing at the clock, she let out a small gasp before reaching for her phone, letting out a sigh in relief when she saw the message that her manager had sent her.

 

“Yongsun told me that you were sleeping over at her house. Let me know if you need anything, Wheein knows you won’t be going home tonight.”

 

It was just a little past five in the morning, and Byulyi realized that she hadn’t eaten since breakfast the day before. She looked at the blanket that had been placed over her body. Lying next to her on the couch, pressed against her side, was Yongsun who was still deep in slumber. Byulyi realized that she must have fallen asleep while sobbing against the older girl. She frowned, feeling embarrassed for having behaved so strangely, and disliking how she felt too exposed and vulnerable. She shook her head slightly before carefully getting up from the couch and stumbling her way into the kitchen. Her hand immediately slammed into the counter as she felt her vision go dark for a moment. She let out a deep breath as she steadied herself before looking around the cupboards, wondering if there would be medication in any of them. She began to open them one by one, remembering the general area Yongsun had pointed towards once when she had offered her painkillers for her migraine. She opened the cupboard while mentally reminding herself to apologize to the girl for not having asked for permission first.

 

“Acetaminophen, or Ibuprofen.” Byulyi mumbled after finding the two bottles of painkillers. She held both of them in her hand as she tried to remember which one was better for the pain she was feeling. “Should I just take both? It says two pills, but suggestions are just suggestions, right?” Byulyi mused as she popped both bottles open, only to nearly drop the bottles in fright as Yongsun’s voice sounded from behind her.

 

“What are you doing up?” Yongsun yawned as she wrapped her arms around Byulyi’s waist, leaning her head against her shoulder. “Wait, why are there so many pills in your hand. Yah, Moon Byulyi.” Yongsun scowled before taking the bottles and pills away from her. “Seriously, ibuprofen and acetaminophen? And you were going to take four of each?”

 

“My stomach hurts.” Byulyi responded weakly, trying to defend herself.

 

“Oh my god, sit down.” Yongsun immediately ushered her back into the living room before pulling something out of the fridge. “You’re probably hungry, and even if you weren’t, it’s not good to take medicine on an empty stomach.” Yongsun sighed as she heated up the porridge that she had in her fridge.

 

“But--,”

 

“Eat this.” Yongsun cut her off as she placed the bowl down in front of her. “You can take two pills from one painkiller after you finish this.” Yongsun glared at the girl as she opened to complain. Byulyi gulped when she saw the older girl’s gaze, and instead nodded while reaching for the bowl. “Good.” Yongsun gently the girl’s hair before moving her hand to caress the girl’s cheekbones, sighing as she felt how much skinnier the girl had becomes.

 

“Aren’t you hungry?” Byulyi finally spoke as she was halfway through the bowl. She held the bowl up to the older girl who simply shook her head in response. Byulyi made a face as she was already feeling full, unsure of whether she could finish it. “Are you sure?” She tried again.

 

“I can eat something else, why, are you full?” Yongsun asked with a frown. Byulyi nodded while biting her lip, avoiding the older girl’s gaze. “Okay, you can finish that later if you’re hungry, okay?” Yongsun smiled before going back into the kitchen, returning with a warm glass of water and medicine.

 

“Thank you.” Byulyi mumbled before swallowing the pills, despite having already felt better after eating the porridge.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up at first?” Yongsun bit her lip as she looked at the younger girl. “Honestly.” She added when she saw the hesitation on the younger girl’s face.

 

“Honestly?” Byulyi repeated. She let out a sigh before responding. “I was embarrassed, and I felt bad.” She mumbled. Byulyi felt that she had already been enough of a nuisance for Yongsun, and she had also not wanted to face the older girl after having cried against her shoulder for an hour or so. She bit her lip as she prepared herself for Yongsun’s response, but was surprised with a hug instead.

 

“I think you’re so strong, and I just wish you would let me take care of you, even just a little--I would love that, you know?” Yongsun whispered as she felt the younger girl relax against her embrace. “I don’t know what we are, or what this is, but I like you, romantically. I want to be with you, and that includes all of  you, the good and what  you may think is bad. Okay?”

 

Byulyi’s breath caught in as she felt the warmth from the older girl emanate throughout her entire being. Yongsun’s sweet scent filling her senses as she found herself unable to think clearly, while at the same time feeling completely at ease. Her arms wrapped around the older girl’s waist while her fingers held onto the loose fabric of the girl’s oversized shirt. For a brief moment she worried that the girl would slip through her grasp, but as Yongsun’s arms tightened around her she realized that she was not dreaming. She burrowed her head into the crook of the girl’s neck as she realized that she felt secure when she was with the older girl.

 

“Okay.” Byulyi whispered against the older girl’s neck, breaking the silence between them. A small smile spread on her face as she felt the older girl shiver, probably from the sensation of her lips moving against her neck.

 

“Okay.” Yongsun responded before laying back down on the couch, pulling Byulyi down with her. She pressed a kiss against the girl’s forehead, before moving to kiss her cheeks, and then her nose. Yongsun pulled back to stare into the girl’s eyes, and to appreciate how endearing Byulyi looked while blushing. Yongsun smiled as she moved to pull the blankets back around them before situating their bodies so Byulyi’s head was laying on her chest. A playful glint found its way into Yongsun’s eyes before she pulled the blankets over their heads while leaning in to press her lips against Byulyi’s, who only managed to let out a small squeak in surprise.

 

“Yah.” Byulyi whined weakly while Yongsun could only smile, looking at the girl above her as if she were the cutest thing she had ever seen--though Yongsun would argue that Byulyi was indeed the cutest thing she had ever seen.

 

“What?” Yongsun teased before pressing another kiss against Byulyi’s lips, as both of their eyes fluttered shut.

 

“Nothing.” Byulyi pouted.

 

 

Another kiss.

 

“Sleep well.”



A/N: The next chapter will be about Wheein.

Once again, thank you for reading and for all of the comments!