Melted Mint

Melted Mint

If Ten could shove a brick down Kim Dongyoung’s throat without being arrested and serving life sentence in jail, he would because the boy won’t ing stop talking.

“And so after I gotten that offensive text from Taeyong hyung about him mocking me and my supposed ‘failed’ Vroom Vroom show which I spent so much time and blood and tears on and that bastard just—“

“Doyoung, as much as I want to listen to your sob story, I don’t either so can you please shut up and let me burn myself to death in peace.” Ten snapped, already feeling his body temperature shoot through the roof from talking.

Ten and Doyoung were the only ones in the dorm on an exceptionally hot and humid Wednesday afternoon as the younger ones were all in school except for Donghyuck as he’s in the line-up for the new sub-unit. Hansol is probably chilling somewhere and Johnny is nowhere to be seen. Ten rolls his eyes at the thought of his absent boyfriend who had the nerves to leave him alone in this scorching heat. The nightmare started when the only thing blowing out from the A/C is hot air; and it worsened when no one was working because it was summer break, as told by the repair shop down the road when Ten called in.

Ten never felt so betrayed in his life.

He huffed as he changed his lying position on the wooden floor, which provided some sort of coolness against his skin. Both him and Doyoung were only clad in boxers and in normal circumstances, it would be kind of awkward despite them being best friends but the heat got to them and yeah, resulted in two grown men on the floor wearing nothing but under garments.

“Wow, thanks dude. A plus grade friend right over here, you deserve an award for this.”

“Unfortunately your A plus grade friend is dying from the heat and the last thing he wants to listen before his death is his friend in his Taeyong-deprived state whining.”

“For the last time, Leechaiyakul, I am NOT Taeyong-deprived and I certainly do NOT have any feelings for that platinum blonde, smug—“

“And conveniently, ing y—“

“I give up, I ing give up. You’re hopeless.”

“You’d thank me one day when you’re finally together with Taeyong, like the whole world knows how much you two like—or should I say love, no infatuated—with each other and every time you two are in the same room the whole place becomes filled with your invisible love rays and it’s starting to make Jisung feel very uncomfortable so to make everyone’s life easier, ask the goddamn boy out.”

“You just became an A minus.”

“No problem, Taeyong can be your new A plus.”

Doyoung let out a frustrated grunt and got up, leaving a nasty sweat-shaped mark imprinted on the wooden floor. Ten doesn’t even want to imagine how Taeyong would react to this.

A while later, Ten heard the sound of water running and thought he could use an ice-cold shower after Doyoung until the door swung open.

“Ten baby! I bought us some—woah, it’s only 2pm in the afternoon and you’re already needy? You could’ve just gave me a call—“

“Johnny shut up. This isn’t me putting on a show for you it’s just ing hot and I’m about to be burnt alive if someone doesn’t fix the ing A/C.” Ten grumbled, getting up from the ground and snickered at his own sweat on the floor.

“Well, I’m no repairman but I may be the next best thing.” Johnny said smugly, holding up a black plastic bag and shaking them a little. Ten hurriedly joined him in the kitchen as Johnny washed two spoons.

“Oh my god, ice cream?! You’re a life saver, babe. Have I ever told you how much I love you?” Ten squealed excitedly and was about to squeeze the out of Johnny until the older guy jumped back, leaving Ten pouting.

“As much as I do love you babe, I would rather you not slather your perspiration all over me. I would consider it after you take a bath.” Johnny warns and Ten slumped his shoulders dejectedly.

“Just give me the damn ice cream, will ya.”

Johnny grins and places the tub in front of Ten, passing him the spoon as he watched in satisfaction when Ten literally swallowed the whole thing down. Johnny had to wrestle the container out of him to get a bite because damn, the heat is getting to him too.

“Damn, it’s hot.”

Ten rolled his eyes. “No , babe.”

Johnny put his spoon down and reached to take off his shirt and even though Ten knew his intentions, he can’t help but feel from it. Without him realizing, Ten was on his spoon, tasting the leftover mint flavoured deliciousness.

“Dude you’re cleaning up your own mess okay, I’m not getting my hands dirty on your sweat-- OH MY GOD.”

Doyoung screamed in shock and covered his eyes immediately.

“GET YOURSELF A ING ROOM THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS GODDAMN HOUSE.”

“The dude? We weren’t even doing anything. Stop getting your in a twist.” Johnny commented, using his shirt to wipe off his sweat. Which was pretty nasty to Ten honestly.

“Chittaphon was literally eye ing you okay and what the hell are you doing putting on a strip show in the middle of the morning?!” Doyoung complained. “Goodness gracious me, I’m about to go crazy if I stay here longer.”

Ten smirked at his enraged friend. “You’re just jealous, my dear Doyoungie. Get yourself a Taeyong and maybe you won’t feel so left out, alright?”

Doyoung sent him a death glare and stomped towards the front porch.

“Where’re you going?” Johnny asked, obviously not that bothered at the younger guy leaving because that meant alone time with Ten.

“Away from the both of you!" Doyoung yelled back in response and the sound of the door slamming could be heard seconds later.

Ten and Johnny shared a good laugh at their friend. Doyoung is a good tease, but deep down their bond in unbreakable—well, that may be subjected to change once Taeyong enters Doyoung’s life and snatches Ten’s title of A plus human.

“I bought ice cream so we could share, not you wolfing the whole thing down alone.” Johnny sighed, gazing at his boyfriend off the sides of the ice cream tub.

“Well too bad, I have some left in here though. You want some?” Ten opened his mouth to show Johnny the melted ice cream in his mouth.

Johnny made a face. “Gross.”

Ten chuckled. “You love me.”

Johnny smiled, looking at his boyfriend in adoration. “Yeah.”

Ten blushed at the seriousness in Johnny’s tone.

 

 

“But the next time I’m buying ice cream, I’m not telling you.”

“EXCUSE ME?”

 

 

---------------------------------------