Part 1: Love Letters

Anonymous

Maybe it was the way he spoke like millions of angels strumming his vocal chords. Or the way his eyes practically disappeared when he laughed. Or was it how when their eyes caught sight of one another's it took a lot of convincing himself to look away? Youngjae didn't know the specific cause of his unfaltering love for Im Jaebum, but after three years he knew it wasn't going away anytime soon. Problem is the fact Youngjae was inevitably invisible to his crush. 

They both went to the same high school and have been since freshman year, but now both of their senior years were passing by very quickly. Youngjae was known as the choir geek. He had discovered his love for creating harmonies and melodies with his voice at the beginning of his first year of high school. Being a kid, he always was singing something everywhere he went, but never imagined of pursuing it. As his voice matured and stopped cracking throughout that year he bumped his way up to become the top student of the choir. Never enjoying singing with a group, his vocal teacher allowed him to go solo for all of his performances.

The roar of applause from audience members never ceased to fascinate him. Youngjae always doubted himself despite his friends' words of encouragement, but hearing the audience approve of his voice assured him like no other. 

Im Jaebum, star quarter back of the football team, most popular guy in school. Every girl wanted him while every guy wanted to be him. Despite his status, Jaebum preferred to be alone, sitting by himself in the cafeteria and never talking much to the other football team members. All the girls were attracted to his mysterious quality. However, he never used any of his energy to pay attention to them. In his eyes, they were just annoying fangirls wasting their time chasing something that was never going to happen. Jaebum wanted someone who was going to love him for him, not for his family's money or his popularity. And he thinks he's found just the right person. 

It was a Monday, the start of a new week when Youngjae noticed a neatly folded paper hiding amidst his books in his locker. He was thoroughly confused, never being the one with too too many friends or girls being after him. There had already been a rumor going around school that the singing prodigy was  gay, Jaebum wished it to be true. As Youngjae stood in front of his open locker running through a list of people who could've left this for him, his best friend took it in his hands. "Youngjae-ah! You got a girlfriend now? Let's see who wrote it!" Jinyoung mocked as he unfolded it. Before he could finish unwinding the square of paper, Youngjae snatched it out of his hands to read it. 

"I will light up my heart, I will burn it up for you, among the countless stars, you are in my arms." 

The handwriting wasn't girly but wasn't necessarily messy either. He hadn't recognized the hand writing either, although there was a tiny heart at the end of the song lyrics. The boy has had many crushes throughout his lifetime, but never were his feelings returned. In this school building was someone whom cared enough about Youngjae enough to leave little notes in his locker. Even though he didn't know this person, he felt tiny butterflies in the pit of his stomach. 

Youngjae desperately wishes the notes to be from a certain football player named Jaebum. Although he hasn't come out to anyone yet. 

Blushing slightly, he turned to face Jinyoung once again and showed him the note with the beautifully scripted words. His best friend snatched the paper from his palms to read it for himself. A small smile formed on his lips, "Someone's got the hots for you" he said while handing the note back to his friend, congratulating him with a pat on the back. "Who do you think it is?" Youngjae questioned, "Could be that new Japanese freshman, Mina. She is always looking at you with those googley eyes." Jinyoung answered blowing his friend a bunch of kisses teasingly.

Youngjae playfully hit Jinyoung on the arm with a smile. "Come on, let's get to class." They both walked to their shared first class of the day. There was no one else in the hallway but little did they know there was someone peeking around the corner at the two boys. 

The next morning Youngjae open up his locker to find yet another note taking residence. He reached out for the paper and unfolded it. 

"Your beauty blinds me as if it were the rays of 1000 sunlights. The voice that flows out of you hits me with the weight of 1000 bricks every time I go to your performances."  

Whoever this person was was a very beautiful writer, more beautiful words have never been spoken to Youngjae. Jinyoung was at a dental appointment so he could not be here to read the note. His cheeks reddened again as he turned around to see if anyone was spying on him. The sound of a quick gasp and rustling sounded throughout the quiet hallway, in surprise of being caught he ran away to his class. 

The days continued and the mysterious love notes continued along with the week. Every morning it was something different: commenting on his eyes, his singing, his "adorable" laugh. Another thing that was different about the week was how Jaebum was acting towards him. Though before he acted like he never noticed the younger boy, lately he was always staring at him and giving little smiles to Youngjae. He knew something was off, but didn't complain about the butterflies that filled his stomach when he would catch Jaebum looking at him. 

 Another day, another piece of paper in his locker. 

Youngjae pulled Jinyoung aside one Thursday when their classes ended.

"Jinyoung! Can you help me find out who's putting notes in my locker?" 

"Sure. Tomorrow morning we'll come to school half an hour earlier and hide out near your locker. Then we'll see who's crushing hard on you. I won't be surprised to see Mina tomorrow morning."

"Oh, stop Jinyoungie. She's cute, but not my type." Tall, handsome, footfall players are my type, Youngjae thought.

"Oh , I'm late! I have to go meet Mark at the coffee shop, I'll see you tomorrow Youngjae! Don't forget! Half and hour early!" Jinyoung bid his friend goodbye, jogging slightly towards the school's entrance. 

Youngjae crossed his fingers and mentally wished to find Jaebum at his locker tomorrow morning with Jinyoung. 

____________________________
Part 2 coming soon :) 
Thank you for reading