simple

Simple

Jihoon smiles as he stares at the starry sky above him. It's 12 o' clock. What day is it? Not important, everyday is just the same for Jihoon. But today, he just feel like to stop by the Han River. He misses the peace he can get by apreciating the nature. He had chose a hidden spot to sit alone. Ad usual, the peacefulness never fails to torture him. One by one memory comes to him, but all of them keeps the smile on his face - a vivid prooof to prove that Jihoon can never be happy. They're just the like the rain - falling on him gently, but with certainty to shiver him to death. 

 

6 years old

Little Jihoon had to accept that his parents were divorced and left him with his grandparents. But he never get tired to wait for a phone call, or maybe just a simple message from his parents.

 

9 years old

Jihoon was an outcast by his classmates. He doesn't understand why. But since he's happy at home, school life did not bother him anymore. 

 

12 years old

Jihoon finally understand the reason why he's left alone. His family is not like everyone's else. Jihoon has just found out that his mother married a famous business man while his father married a young model half his age. Jihoon was beyond angry. But most important - he's sad. 7 years of celebrating birthdays without parents, 7 years of trying hard to get good marks to please his parents so that they'll come back, 7 years of waiting ... it all wasted. 

 

14 years old

Jihoon is known as the troubled kid at school. But being the rich student, of course no one could say anything to him. So they made him an outcast instead.

 

15 years old

The point in his life where it started to get interesting. He met his current friends - Choi Seungcheol, Yoon Jeonghan, Hansol, Hong Jisoo, Wen Junhui... and most importantly, Kwon Soonyoung. He starts to change again. Jihoon starts studying, get good grades, behave well and even started familiarizing himself with composing songs - something that Jihoon loves the most .. all because of Kwon Soonyoung. The cute boy that manage to bring out the best from Jihoon.

 

16 years old

New friends - Kim Mingyu, Xu Minghao, Jeon Wonwoo, Lee Chan, Boo Seungkwan and Lee Seokmin. Jihoon started to know how happiness feels. Having friends to support him and accept him for who he is, a grandparents that love him more than anything, what else can Jihoon ask for. 

 

18 years old

Jihoon had his first kiss and well.. first boyfriend. Kwon Soonyoung, the boy that confessed to him under the starry night is Jihoon's first boyfriend. A key and a heart pendant are what kept them reserved. Soonyoung owns the key while Jihoon owns the heart. Only Soonyoung has the key to Jihoon's heart. And they both happy. It's also the mark to the starting to Jihoon's sorrow

 

19 years old

Soonyoung accepted the offer to go to New York to pursue his dream to be a professional dancer. Jihoon had to let him go. They broke up. No matter how hard Jihoon convinced Soonyoung that they can afford long distance relationship, Soonyoung just wouldn't accept it. The moment Soonyoung boarded the flight, their connections were cut off. Phone numbers changed, no postcards, no email, nothing. Only the pendant left, but Jihoon doubted it means anything. None of their friends know where Soonyoung is. By then, Jihoon has accepted the fate's plan for them. 

Two days later, Jihoon lost his only family - his grandparents. They involved in an incident. Jihoon was traumatized and depressed. His grandparents bequethed him everything that they have. Which means that Jihoon has to forget his dream to be a producer because apparently he has to take over his family company.

Lost. The only word that Jihoon could think of.

 

And when Jihoon is 22 years old, he has fully lost his interest in living. Yes, he still has his friends that always stay by his side, but unfortunately so many damages had been done. His parents, his grandparents, his dream, Soonyoung...

Jihoon feels hot tears run down his cheeks. But his face remains blank. Now, Jihoon is youngest CEO who owns the biggest company in Korea. He's even more rich than his grandparents. He has succeed in following his grandparents will. But his life.. is empty. Eversince Soonyoung left him, Jihoon has vowed to himself that he will never let Soonyoung invade his mind. But Soonyoung never leave his heart. Not even once. And Jihoon never regret it. So Jihoon decided that he will keep everything simple. He just have to work, eat and sleep. He wants it simple.

 


"Hyung?" Mingyu greets Jihoon as soon as he enter their shared house. His friends and him might be rich but they decided to buy a condominium and stay together. Each floor has two units so the 12 of them shared their money and bought the two units at the 17th floor. Jihoon shares one of the unit with Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jisoo, Jeonghan and Seungcheol. While the other one is occupied by Seokmin, Jun, Minghao, Hansol, Seungkwan and Chan.

"Oh Mingyu? It's late already. Why are you still awake?" Jihoon asks.

"That's the point hyung. It's alredy 3.30 a.m. where did you go?" MIngyu aks back, offering the ramen that he just cooked which Jihoon gladly accept. Both of them sit on the couch and eat silently. Although Jihoon didn't reply, Mingyu knows exactly what is the answer.

Mingyu suddenlly clears his throat but Jihoon ignores him.

"Hyung."

"Hmm."

"I have something to tell you."

"Just say it Gyu." Jihoon says and Mingyu inhales deeply.

"Soonyounghyungiscomingbacktomorrow." Mingyu says in one-go. Although it's fast, Jihoon manage to catch what he's saying and choked on the ramen. He starts to cough badly so Mingyu give him a bottle of mineral water. Jihoon drink the water and wipe the excessive water on his lips. 

"W-what?" 

"Hyung I didn't mean to shock you.. but..but"

"But what?"

"Soonyoung hyung kinda contacted me two months ago. He.. he became a professional dancer now. He even established his own academya and now he's coming back to Korea to open another one here. But he asked me to keep it a secret until now." Mingyu says. Jihoon rubs his face.

"If you think that's gonna affect me, you're wrong. Mingyu we're friends now. What time is he going to arrive?" Jihoon asks. He continues eating so that it doesn't seem like he's... interested? 

"Tomorrow morning around 10."

"Ahh then I think I can't go. I have meeting with the new investors from London." Jihoon says. 

"But hyung, all of us will be there tomorrow. It's been three years since we all seen him." Mingyu says.

"I'm sorry Mingyu. I really can't. My schedule is really pack tomorrow. You should have told me earlier." Jihoon says and stands up to put his empty bowl in the sink. He then excuse himself to sleep. 

But obviously, Jihoon couldn't get a wink that night. 


That morning, Jihoon leave the house before anyone is awake. He calls his secretary and ask her to apply makeup to him to hide his eye bags. He even ask her secretary to make many appointments for the day just to avoid his friends. Seungcheol and the others call him to ask him to join them for lunch but thank god his busy schedule (which he just set up that day) succesfully help him to avoid them. Jihoon only eat bread for breakfast and didn't eat anything else for the day. 

Jihoon even finishes his work for tomorrow because he doesn't want to go home early. When the clock strikes 1 in the morning, Jihoon knows he should go home or else his friends will really know his real intentions.

Jihoon sighs again as he lock his car's door at the car parl 

"So no more excuse to avoid me, Lee Jihoon?" 

Jihoon squeak and almost fall down upon hearing the voice if it's not for a pair of strong arms that catch him from the back. The owner of the arms hug him from behind.

"I can't believe you're still cute. I miss you Jihoon. I'm sorry for everything. I wanted to show to make you proud but instead, I hurted you and left you when you need me the most. " Soonyoung says and carreses Jihoon's hands. Jihoon freezes. 

'No Jihoon no. Follow your mind. After all, your mind was the one who's been working hard to keep you sane. Follow your mind Jihoon' Jihoon tought to himself. He can even pictures his brain beating up his heart.

"S-soonyoung.. What are you doing?" Jihoon stutters as he tries to escape from Soonyoung. 

"Can we talk?"

"We're talking Soonyoung."

"Not here. Somewhere else."

"But it's late. Can we just talk tomorrow?" 

"No." Soonyoung says as he turns Jihoon around. He then pull off Jihoon's work coat and necktie and grab his briefcase. Soonyoung unlock Jihoon's car and throw those things inside it. He lock it again and hand in the car keys to Jihoon.

"Here. Now let's go." Soonyoung says and waste no time in pulling Jihoon with him. 

Jihoon hesitates at first but he couldn't deny that he misses Soonyoung. And for once, he wants it to be complicated. He wants to be with Soonyoung. Who cares what will happen later.

Jihoo has been dreaming about this since forever. Dreaming of him and Soonyoung again. So now Jihoon is determined that maybe even though this world is just like a maze without an exit, he can build one with his dream. And this time, he'll make sure that it's not just a nonsense. Maybe he should switch from simple to complicated? Then maybe his life will not be empty anymore.


A/n - Okay slap me. Do it. I'm sorry to all my subscribers I don't know what I just wrote. I'm really sorry if this is not what you all wanted. I don't mind if you all wanna unsubscribe because honestly I just want to hide in a hole right now. Thanks for wasting your time reading to this story.