Chapter 5

Fake Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tell Me Your Wish

 

During the exam season, most students of Kirin high had been busy studying and preparing themselves to face the rest of the remaining brain-wrecking tests which were waiting for them. The school’s library which usually empty was now filled with students, something rare to see.

Hyomin rested her head on the table. The past few days had been exhausting for her. Every night, she would be up until late to study, and got herself little time to sleep for the sake of getting good grades. Thankfully, her hard work had been paid off. She passed some of her tests with satisfied result.

I wonder how’s Jiyeon doing in her tests. She must be doing well since she is one of the smartest students

“Hyomin sshi”

Geez! I must be thinking of her way too much that I can hear her voice right now

“Hyomin sshi”

But it feels so real. Her husky voice...

Suddenly, Hyomin felt a light tap on her shoulder, “Hyomin sshi are you sleeping?”

The brunette jerked up from her current position. She got startled to see Jiyeon was standing in front of her table “Oh J-Jiyeon. What are you doing here?” she nervously asked. Her face had turned as red as an apple. She was lucky the other girl didn’t notice it. Jiyeon could be so clueless sometimes.

“Am I disturbing you?”

Hyomin shook her head furiously, “No. You’re not disturbing me at all. What’s up?”

“I come here to tell you that I can’t walk you home today. I have a make up test the day after tomorrow. That’s why I need to go home early and study for it”

The other girl titled her head to the side, “A make up test?”

“Yes. Apparently, I didn’t pass my math exam. The teacher won’t allow me to take a part of the upcoming taekwondo competition if I fail again” Hyomin almost forgot Jiyeon was a part of taekwondo club and they were going to have a competition in the following week.

“You didn’t past your math exam?” She probes. “How come?” It’s hard for her to believe that Jiyeon, one of the smartest students in their school failed in her math exam.

“I’m bad at math” the raven haired answered shortly.

Jiyeon was bad at math? It was totally new to her. Hyomin thought the girl was doing perfect in everything. Well, nobody’s perfect after all.

“I thought you’re good in all subjects”

“I am…” The latter replied with a straight face. Hyomin had to agree with Jiyeon’s fans when they said their idol was so cool. The girl still managed to be self-proclaim after failing her math exam. “...But math is different case”

“And why it is different?”

“It got so many x’s and y’s that got me headache” she reasoned.

Hyomin had a hard time to muffle her laugh. That kind of reason coming from Jiyeon’s mouth is so… how did she put it, adorable?

“Then how could you manage to make a good grade in your previous exams?”

“Well, I got Yoona to help me study. But lately she is busy with her dance practice. I don’t want to bother her”

“I see. Um, Jiyeon, I don’t mean to be rude. But if you’re bad at math, is it okay for you to study alone?”

“I don’t have a choice” she answered monotonously. So typical of her.

Hyomin looked contemplating for a moment before she said “If you don’t mind, I can help you to study. I mean, I love math and I’m doing well at it” she kindly offer to help the girl.

“I don’t mind at all”

The brunettte beamed in glee “Then it’s settled! Let's study at my apartment after school”

That day, Hyomin couldn’t concentrate on the rest of her lessons. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about the study season she would have with Jiyeon after school. It wouldn't be the first time Jiyeon came over to her apartment. The girl had been there once or twice for the sake of avoiding their stalker (in this case Tiffany). She would stay for awhile and then go home when Tiffany was no where to be found. However, today will be different. They will study together. Just the thought of it made Hyomin excited. She was really looking forward to it.

----

“Got it? This will be on the test. In order to solve this, you first have to combine the common factors of x. Then it’ll become…” Hyomin stopped her explanation and turned her attention to the doze off girl in front of her. A soft smile curled up at the pleasant sight. Jiyeon still managed to look beautiful even when she was asleep.

She must be tired

Hyomin looked at the clock hanging on the wall. They had been studying for more than an hour. She rested her head on her hands, staring at the sleeping beauty before her eyes. She found herself giggling whenever Jiyeon nodded her head up and down. It was really an adorable sight.

Actually, Hyomin felt bad for letting Jiyeon slept in that position but she didn’t want to wake her up. She kept on staring at the girl’s beautiful feature with a smile on her face. Hyomin wished a moment like this would last forever.

The young brunette had realized her feeling for Jiyeon long time ago; the day the young woman held her hand in the first time they were walking home together. At first, Hyomin was confused with the strange feeling that building up within her after that unforgettable day. It was something unfamiliar to her. Her heart wouldn’t stop racing whenever Jiyeon was around, and she would get that jittery feeling in her belly.

Hyomin kept questioning herself what is that feeling? Until recently, she found the answer. It was love. She had fallen in love with the raven haired girl.

It was strange indeed. Hyomin was certain she’s straight. There was no doubt about it. She never felt anything when she was around another girl. Her heart didn’t pound badly. She didn’t feel butterflies in her stomach either. It was all normal. But why is it different with Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter