I love you. Always and forever.

Be Your Moon

“Where is she going this time?” I stared at Momo from my window. I quickly grabbed my coat and locked the door. I am definitely gonna follow her today. 

 

Everyday… is just like this. Call me a stalker, I know I am. But I promise you, I have no bad intentions. I just want to see her and be there to protect her from anything that might harm her.

 

 

That’s the only thing I can do.

 

 

I follow her everywhere. I know that she has no classes every Monday and Sunday. I know when she’s pulling up an all-nighter. When she got her hair cut, I was outside the salon watching her have her hair trimmed. I saw how her stupid ex-girlfriend broke her heart and left her crying under the tree. 

 

But… I also know my limits. I don’t stalk her inside her house, that’s something a real creepy stalker would do. I only get to watch her from my window. By the way, her apartment is standing just in front of mine. Funny how our rooms are on the same floor, same place. 

 

Back to reality, Momo stopped by a flower shop to buy a bouquet of white roses. After that, I found myself following her into a cemetery. It looks peaceful in this place, though. Momo stopped and smiled as she placed the bouquet on the tomb. I hid behind a tree and watched her. She sat there for some moments until tears started streaming down her cheeks. She was whispering to the tomb, words I cannot hear but obviously, those words show how much she misses that person.

 

After an hour or so, she stood up, bid her good bye and respect then went away. I went to the tomb to check the name. (I’m sorry I got curious!) But what was written on the tomb was something I couldn’t read. It’s not in hangul. Hanja? They look so complicated. There are so many lines. Must be hanja. I don’t know. 

 

Okay, I know that it’s too late to do this but let me make a short introduction about myself. 

 

I don’t really remember how or when but I lost my memory. I just woke up one day on a park, totally lost and confused. The only thing I know is where I live, and Momo’s name. I know it’s weird but those are the only stuff I remember. Oh, and the feelings I have for Momo. Maybe my past self was in love with her, just like now. And... nevermind, I forgot what I was about to say. Up until now, I can’t remember my name. Part of what I forgot was reading. I studied reading and writing all by myself. It was hard at first, but I needed to. I don’t want to grow old not knowing basic stuff, so I did my best to learn. 

 

Back to Momo, I followed her back until she got into her house, she looks so down. That person she visited must be really important to her. Seeing her sad made me feel a pang in my heart.

 

 

 


 

 

For today, Momo got classes. No, I’m not telling you her schedule. It’s raining so hard and it’s quite dark outside. The storm has reached our city earlier than what’s expected. I am sitting outside my apartment holding an umbrella, waiting for Momo to get out of hers and go to school. It’s 8 in the morning and she usually gets out of her room every 7:30. Is she planning not to go to school today?

 

I’m starting to get really nervous. What’s happening? She never skipped any of her class. 

 

Wait…

 

Maybe she’s hiding…

 

Scared to get out? 

 

Did she finally notice that I’m stalking her?

 

Ugh I know this time will come! How stupid am I not to pay attention! I should’ve been more careful!

 

I got back inside my room, afraid that she might be hiding from me. 

 

It’s strange but… I’ve got a feeling that I should check on her. It’s like my instincts are telling me that she’s in danger.

 

This is so wrong. I can’t just barge into her room. That’s not right!

 

Ah!

 

I remember that I have a binocular hiding under my bed. I never used it, at least as far as I can remember. Maybe my past self has been a stalker, too. 

 

I quickly went to get it and went back in front of my window, curtains closed for now.

 

I am sorry for invading your privacy, Momo. If you’re definitely okay, I promise not to stalk you again, ever.

 

I opened my curtains slightly, enough just to peek my binoculars to see her room.

 

Her room is so clean and neat. What a nice person. Except for her desk, though. There’s a lot of plates on it. She must be eating a lot, ha.

 

I scanned through her room and I finally found her, lying on her bed. 

 

Is she… crying? 

 

She lying in a fatal position while holding her stomach. Maybe that’s the reason why. 

 

I know it sounds stupid but…

 

I need to help her. I quickly ran out of my apartment, dashed into hers and stopped in front of her room, panting really hard. I thought I was gonna die, that car nearly hit me. 

 

I knocked onto her door but no one opened it. Her room mate must’ve gone to her class. I cannot blame her for not helping Momo, she usually gets out of their apartment while Momo is still asleep. She must have no idea Momo is sick. I tried to open Momo’s door through its doorknob and it… opened. I just shrugged the thought and worries that it’s too dangerous for them to leave their doorknob open. 

 

People, like me, can easily get in.

 

Why does their apartment room look so familiar? It’s a small one, there’s only 3 rooms inside. I knocked onto the door which I can tell is Momo’s. Ugh. I slapped my own forehead. How can she open it? Stupid.

 

I got inside and saw her sleeping, still in that position. I sat beside her bed. Just enough to see her face. This isn’t the first time I’ve stared at her face closely.

 

I was so surprised when she opened her eyes that have quickly widened as soon as she saw me. She quickly sat on her bed, making her shut her eyes hard. 

 

“My head…” I heard Momo murmur. Now is the time. I quickly stood up and got out of her room when I heard her shout.

 

“Don’t go.”

 

I stopped, shocked. I slowly walked back into her room. I stood up beside her table, keeping distance from her. I was so surprised when she motioned me to come closer, which I did. She gently patted on her bed. I sat beside her.

 

She held my face and checked my face, from every angle. 

 

“How?” Momo said, her voice trembling. Is she about to cry?

 

“Mina…” And by saying that, she started crying. By hearing that name, memories flooded into my mind. I closed my eyes to clearly see and remember them. 

 

I am Japanese…

 

My family is living in Japan

 

My name is Mina, I used to be in the same class with Momo’s room mate, Sana.

 

And Momo…

 

Momo used to be my girl friend. 

 

That explains why I am so deeply in love with her.

 

We had a very strong relationship until…

 

No, it can’t be. I opened my eyes, scared. I don’t want to admit it to myself. 

 

“It can’t be…” Momo murmured loud enough for me to hear. 

 

I don’t want to admit to myself that

 

“You’re dead.” Momo said, more tears flowed down her cheeks.

 

“I am.” I looked down, ashamed that I never thought of it that way. I’ve been lying to myself all these times. And stupid me even forgot about it. 

 

 

 

Months ago, I woke up on a park near my house. I woke up bloody, even though I wasn’t so sure why. I couldn’t remember everything. The only things I can remember were my house, the name Momo and my deep feelings for that Momo. I stood up, weak like I was beaten to death. Wait… It feels so strange. I touched my chest… and I can feel nothing. No, it can’t be. I’m not dead. I saw a man walking his dog while eating an ice cream. I know he will see me. I’m not dead. I stopped walking in front of him. Just when he got near me, his dog stopped midway, scared and angry at the same time; barking at my way. The man was so confused with his dog’s action, he kept looking everywhere, including my way but he didn’t seem to notice me. I approached the guy. His dog growled but it didn’t stop me from taking his hand. This time, it looks like he saw me as his eyes widened and he looks like he lost the capability to breathe. 

 

“I’m not dead, right? Tell me!” I shouted at the guy. The guy shouted back, his shout full of fear in it. He quickly pulled his hand from mine and ran away with his dog, throwing his ice cream away. I fell onto my , crying.

 

No, no, I’m not yet dead.

 

“I missed you so much” Momo hugged me. She quickly pulled back from the hug and held my face with tears freely flowing on her face. She stared at me, deeply into my eyes.

 

“I missed you, too. Actually, no.” I chuckled. She quickly glared at me which made me laugh.

 

“Stop laughing, ghost.” She took her hands off from holding my face and looked away, looking hurt.

 

“I’ve been watching you ever since.” She looked back at me and smiled sweetly.

 

“Funny, though. I forgot every single thing from the time I was alive, but I never forgot where my house is, and your name. My feelings for you? It never left. There was a time when I was so confused as to how I love you so much but I can’t remember who you were.”

 

It made her giggle. She wrapped me in her hug.

 

“I am your girlfriend, forever your girlfriend.” 

 

“But you dated someone. That stupid girl.” I sneered.

 

“What? Stupid? No, I was the one who hurt her.” I just looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

 

“She courted me, promised me she will make me forget the pain of you leaving me unexpectedly, I tried. I swear, I tried. But I just can’t. I can remember you, and you’re the only one I’m thinking of every time we date. I can see you every where. 5 years of dating, it’s something that is hard to forget. And by my case, something I don’t want to forget. Ever.” I smiled at the sentence while looking down, feeling hurt because of the fact that I’m dead.

 

“Mina, look at me.” I did just like what she said.

 

“I love you. I always will.” 

 

“I love you, too. I will always be yours. Forever yours.” I replied. “But you, you should find someone else. Don’t waste your life thinking about me.”

 

“Hey miss, it’s not a waste in my life to think about you. But I will, if I ever get the chance, but for now, I don’t want to find someone else yet.” I smiled at her reply. I nodded once.

 

“Wait, aren’t you sick?” I asked her, worries filling every inch of my body again.

 

“Yeah, I’ve got high fever, but you know I’m gonna be okay soon.” She replied with a smile.

 

“Is that the reason why you can see me right now?” I asked her. 

 

“Maybe, well if that’s the case then I’d rather get sick forever.” She answered me.

 

“You know I won’t let you.” I smiled at her and went to lay on her bed. I patted the space beside me. “Sleep, you need to get better soon.”

 

She smiled at me and lay beside me. 

 

“I love you so much, Mina.” 

 

“I love you too, Momo. Always and forever. Not even death can stop me from doing so” 

 

She fell asleep while hugging me. I can feel myself getting sleepy, slowly slipping away from the reality. Maybe the only reason why I am here in this world is because I still haven’t bid her goodbye. And now, I feel complete, and I’m slowly leaving everything behind.

 

I will always be your moon, Momo. I will always protect you.

 


 

How was it? Please tell me! I know the plot is weird lol