"I'm not mad at him" 2/4

Time Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jungkookie” Taehyung yells when he sees Jungkook, Soekjin and Namjoon sitting at their ususal table in the canteen. He and Jimin walk over to the table with their food in their hands.

“Hey baby” Jungkook greets Taehyung who sits down next to him, giving him a peck on his cheek.

“Kookie, practice is no fun without you” Taehyung pouts cutely, making Jungkook laugh.

“You’ll have to wait a bit before I’m fully recovered. At least you guys have Yoongi now” Jungkook says while taking a bite of his sandwich. Everyone stays quiet and Jungkook notices the sudden change in the atmosphere.

“Guys Yoongi isn’t that bad. He’s actually really sweet and caring” Jimin narrows his eyes at Jungkook, who just looks back at him with questioning eyes, before looking back at his food.

“What’s wrong?” Soekjin asks softly when he sees the troubled look on Jimin’s face.

“Yoongi is just such an ” he groans.

“Yeah I think we all know that” Soekjin laughs but stops when Jimin doesn’t laugh with him.

“How did it go yesterday?”

“Ohh it went great” Jimin says sarcastically.

“What happened?” Soekjin asks

“We fought…He said Jungkook deserved to be beat up” Jimin says and sees the look changing in Soekjin’s eyes.

“What?” he asks Soekjin.

“Well…Jungkook kinda said the same to me…that he deserved getting hit” he says looking over to Jungkook, who’s busy playing with Taehyung’s hair.

“What that makes no sense” Jimin exclaims.

“Maybe Jungkook really did something to piss Yoongi off. We all know Jungkook can be a bit annoying sometimes” Soekjin tells him.

“I can’t believe you just said that” Jimin laughs.

“Well it’s true”

“Not that…I can’t believe you said ‘piss off’” Jimin laughs and Soekjin’s cheeks are turning into a red shade.

“Hey, that’s not funny” Soekjin tries to stop Jimin’s laughing, but ends up laughing with him.

 

♦♦♦♦

 

The next day Jimin walks into math class, the only class he has with Yoongi. He gets to his usual seat. A girl walks up to him and gives him a chocolate bar. She smiles shyly as Jimin takes it and he returns the smile. The girl giggles immediately running back to her seat. Yoongi walks into the classroom and sees the girl giving Jimin the candy. He really hates it when girls act like that around the jocks and he hates it even more when they just take the gifts as if it’s normal to get free stuff like that.

Jimin suddenly turns his head in Yoongi’s direction. Yoongi is standing in the doorframe and rolls his eyes at Jimin, before walking to his usual seat in the back. Class hasn’t even started and he already rest his head on his arm and closes his eyes. He knows no one is stupid enough to wake him or do something while he’s sleeping. Jimin rolls his eyes when he sees Yoongi’s already drifted off to sleep.

The teacher enters the room, she doesn’t even pay attention to the sleeping Yoongi, since she’s already used to it. Actually she’s just glad he showed up, which is rare. The teacher starts her class, but Jimin can’t keep his focus. He can’t help but keep looking in Yoongi’s direction. He hates his , but at the same time he’s really mysterious, which makes Jimin kind of curious. Why was Jungkook defending him during lunch? Who would defend such a rude, arrogant person? He doesn’t get why Yoongi is so rude anyways. He knows he’s gotten into trouble a lot, mostly fighting with other students. But it doesn’t make sense to Jimin, why would someone beat random people up and why doesn’t he do it outside of school so he won’t get into trouble.

The bel ringing pulls Jimin out of his thoughts. He head snaps back to the board where the teacher wrote all kinds of scribbles and Jimin realizes he’d been thinking about Yoongi during the whole class. ‘Ughh Yoongi, now he’s even ruining my schoolwork’ Jimin thinks when he doesn’t understand any of the things written on the board.

He grabs his bag and gets out of his seat. He walks out of the class room and makes his way to the canteen. He stops in his tracks when he sees Jungkook standing in front of his locker and next to him no one other than Min Yoongi.

“What the hell” he says underneath his breath as he sees the two talking with each other. He watches as Yoongi pats Jungkook on his shoulder while Jungkook laughs. When Yoongi walks away Jimin quickly walks over to Jungkook’s locker.

“Why where you talking to Yoongi?” is the first thing he says when Jungkook looks at him.

“Well hello to you as well Jimin” Jungkook laughs.

“Why are you being friendly with Yoongi? You’re supposed to be mad at him. He’s the one that got you injured” Jimin waves his hands in front of Jungkook as if he’s trying to bring him back to reality.

“I’m not mad at him” Jungkook shrugs.

“So it’s true what Soekjin said” Jimin says, mostly to himself. Jungkook looks at him with questioning eyes.

“I don’t know, what did Soekjin say?” Jungkook chuckles.

“About you deserving him beating you” Jimin blurts out.

Jungkook looked back to his locker and put his book in it before closing it. “I…just said something I shouldn’t have-“

“What did you say?” Jimin asks curiously, not understanding the situation one bit. The bell rang and everyone started to walk to class, but Jimin stayed in his place. Jungkook stayed silent for a while, as he focused back to his locker, grabbing his books. After a while let out a loud sigh and turned back to Jimin.

“I made a bet with some of my classmates to mess with Yoongi. And when I did I started saying things to provoke him and when I brought up comments about his family he snapped. Before I could do something he was on top of me, punching and kicking me until someone pulled him off me” Jimin looked at him frowning.

“When I was at the hospital he came to visit and apologized” he continues. “He explained why my comment had made him angry and he told me about his bad home situation and since then we kind of became friends”

Once Jungkook is finished Jimin is looking at him with wide eyes. Jungkook’s story only gave Jimin more questions. Questions about Yoongi. He isn’t sure if Yoongi is even the person Jimin thinks he is. He thought Yoongi was just an beating up random people, but now that he heard his best friend tell him it was his fault he doesn’t know what to think anymore. But still, Jimin doesn’t know if the other people he beat weren’t just randomly chosen. But the question that he’s most curious about is why Yoongi would got so mad about a stupid comment. He must’ve had a good reason for Jungkook to forgive him.

“What is his home situation?” Jimin asks not sure why, but he wants to know so he ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter