Final

Memories of Ours

Kyuhyun remembers them all, their memories, from the start to finish. He remembers the time when their relationship worked and the times that it didn't work. He remembers Sungmin's shy confession that he almost rejected until he realized that yes, he wanted to be in a relationship with that man and he wanted to make him the happiest person on earth. He returned the feelings and like other romances, their first few years were the most magical one until insecurities and lack of time devoured them both.

Misunderstandings arose in the start of their relationship but at the end of the day, they would make up either by Kyuhyun's sweet song or Sungmin's delicious dish. They would talk and discuss them over, say their apologies to each other simultaneously and renew it with a kiss. However as time passed, due to endless schedules, they would always forget to talk about things to fix their relationship. Until that time when they both just shrugged those off as if nothing happened.

Words that could have saved their relationship were left unsaid until they decided to break up. The break up was painful because it was a silent breakup. No making up, no confrontations. Both of them had questions to themselves and to one another but both of them chose to end it just like that. It wasn't easy for them to interact with each other, to see each other and even to stand beside each other. Neither of them could look directly in the eyes.

Kyuhyun knew that Sungmin was stronger but he didn't think that he would be able to move on faster. He married someone else, and Kyuhyun was left devastated. He thought that maybe, he was the one who did all the loving, that maybe, he was the one who loved Sungmin more than the latter did to him. He wasn't able to face Sungmin even on the day of his wedding. He said that it would be pointless to confront Sungmin or ask what he felt.

It was only when Sungmin, after the honeymoon, went to him and told him everything that he needed to say to Kyuhyun.

He was thankful, he was sorry, and he loved him but everything fell out of place.

Kyuhyun realized, on the night when they shared their longest hug that also happened to be their last, that theirs was a very beautiful love story. Just like other love stories, it went uphill then downhill, uphill again, then downhill. It was the same pattern but never straight, never constant. But it was the love story that taught him lessons more than other of his experiences.

The love story that they had will always be remembered and treasured by them.

Kyuhyun remembers them all by heart. He learns. By the time he finds someone else in the future, he assures that he will never do the same mistakes again.