011

Third Times A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyuck ends up buying him and Mark grilled cheese and two milkshakes, even though the elder insisted that he pay for his own meal. Donghyuck shrugs him off though, and leaves to go get their food. He spots Jaemin and Jeno, along with Renjun and Chenle a few tables away. As he drank his smoothie, Jaemin made it a point to stare at his friend pointedly. 

 

"I'm watching you Lee Donghyuck." Jaemin mouths. 

 

Donghyuck rolls his eyes and walks to the counter to order their food. The waitress would bring them their food once it was done, so after paying, Donghyuck returned to the table with Mark. 

 

The elder boy cleared his throat nervously. "So...."

 

"Wow what a great conversation starter." Donghyuck says sarcastically. 

 

"Well I don't see you doing any better." Mark fires back. 

 

"That's because I'm not trying to talk to you. I am not about to play this stupid game with Jaemin. He doesn't know what is going on. There is obviously nothing for me and you to talk about. Everything is fine, and it's none of their business if it's not fine. Now I'm going to eat my food like I came here to do, and then I'm going back home to waste the rest of my day." The waitress comes as soon as Donghyuck is done his little rant, cutting off whatever Mark was going to say. 

 

Mark waited until the female was finished setting the food down to talk. "Look Donghyuck, I'm not going to lie. I like you, and I like being with you. The other night, I had a great time with you. I actually thought that we we're going somewhere with our relationship."

 

"We did get somewhere . Are we trying to kill each other right now? No, we're not. We are here eating a meal together in a fashionable manner. I say that is great progress. Last year we couldn't even be at the same table without adult supervision." Donghyuck points out. 

 

Mark's groan sounds frustrated. "I know that Donghyuck! You're right, we have gotten a lot better after therapy. But you still act like you don't want to have anything to do with me."

 

Donghyuck just shrugs. "Maybe I don't. Just because we aren't mortal enemies anymore, doesn't mean that we have to be best friends. I'm pretty okay with what we have right now."

 

"So you're telling me that you didn't enjoy going out with me?"

 

"No, what I'm saying is that we don't have to spend every living moment together is all. I actually had a good time too." Donghyuck says casually, taking another bite out of his sandwich. 

 

"But we don't even act like friends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter