Coincidence

Coincidence

Yoseob POV

 

The wind was hitting my face when I stepped out from the library. How could I didn’t notice the season will change soon and the weather will get colder. I shivered a bit and adjusted my backpack on my right shoulder.

I walked to my next class unwillingly. How I wish I could just lie down on my bed and take a deep sleep. It has been days I only got 3 hours of sleep. There was dark circle formed under my eyes. I didn’t even put much care in what I was wearing and ignoring the fact that my hair looked messy because of the wind.

The lecturer gave us thousand of assignments; papers, essays, projects..  and ah, not to forget thousands of journals and books that need to be reviewed. Thinking about all of those assignments made me want to disappear from this world. I should have chosen different college major. I should choose major of art instead so I didn’t need to understand the relations among states since Westphalian Treaty until now.

Crap! I must hurry, the next class will be that professor class again. If I’m late even only  for 1 second  he will not let me in.

I slung my backpack on my right shoulder. My left hand clutched the papers that I had to submit today along with some books I borrowed from library.

I walked faster, nearly ran since I didn’t want my perfect attendance will be ruined because of few minutes late.

“Ouch!” I accidentaly bumped into a guy that was also running from the other side.

“I’m sorry, I was in hurry,” I bowed lightly to the guy in front of me.

I never saw his face before. He dressed nicely with black leather jacket as an outer of a t-shirt, tight blue jeans and  leather boats. His hair was black and he wore round glasses, contrast with the style he put on. But it made him looked perfect. And I think it made him look cute. And then his eyes.. his sharp beautiful eyes that were gazing with a hint of mischief but also gentle at the same time.

He bowed too, “No, it was my fault, I’m sorry,” and he smiled before ran away. I guess he was in a hurry too.

I melted in that little curve of his lips and didn’t have the urge to run again. I need to see him again. From what major he is? What’s his name?

I regret to not dress nicely this morning. I just put on a simple white t-shirt, blue jeans and slipped on my adidas sneakers.

“Yah! Why are you just standing there? The professor already entered the class,” someone appeared from behind me while he was running.

Aigo, I need to hurry! Why in this type of situation I’m thinking about something else. So I started running to the class. Fortunately the professor let me in so I still have 100% attendace in my hand.

I walked searching for an empty chair still panting hard. Everyone was already in the classroom so the room has been packed and it was hard to find the unoccupied chair. There was one on the left side, beside the big window glass so I plopped down to sit on that chair.

I put down the books I brought onto the table. I was fanning myself with my hand when I turned my head to the side. Someone who was bumped into me sitting beside me! It means he was in the same major as me. But why I only met him just now? Hurriedly I combed my hair with my fingers to make it look neater and calmed my self from being out of breath because of the running before.

Sensed someone peeping at him he turned his head to me. “Ah, you are the one at corridor before. it’s nice to meet you again.”

“Oh nice to meet you too. By the way are you sure taking this class because I’ve never seen you before.”

“Yeah I have Professor Lee for Diplomacy class in F1.2 lecturer room,” he checked his sched from a piece of paper.

“So you are also from IR major?”

“Yeah, I’m transfered here today. Yong Junhyung,” he introduced himself, stretched his hand offering a handshake.

I took a hold of his right hand noting how my fingers enveloped him and felt the electricity ran through my body caused by a little, formal skin-to-skin contact.

“I’m Yang. Yang Yoseob,” I smiled nervously and drew my hand away from his hold.

“Jal butakdeurimnnida,” and here again his smile.

I nodded and gave a slow muttering, ”Ne,” before looked away from him.

I looked at the front to see the lecturer giving notes here and there. I could sense him turning his head too to focus on class since it started not long ago.

My eyes gazing everywhere but I couldn’t see clearly, my eyes became glossy.

A suppressed smile. Reddened cheeks.

I tried to hold myself not to squirmed and jumped happily here and there. I couldn’t hope for more now as I sat beside my crush and will have to see him more often, everyday.

I think my college life will not be boring again. Yeah I couldn’t escape from the assignments but now I have someone’s face to look at while doing my papers. I couldn’t ditch class to keep my grade on full score, but it’s alright now as I can see him everyday in class. And maybe we can get closer as the time passes.

More than half of you might not belief in love at the first sight, neither did I. But at that moment, on our first meeting that was a coincidence, I’m sure I had fallen over him. Could he be mine?

I don’t know. Just let fate do their work. Maybe it took awhile too like when I finally met him. Tomorrow, I will try to get closer to him. Tomorrow, I will take a first step. To make him mine.

 


Just a simple oneshot.

Everyone, please cheer for the boys. Stream Ribbon on Korean music sites, stream the MV on YT, vote for them on mcd and showchamp, or buy their physical album.