Part 1

My Player Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, I've decided to make this a multi-chaptered story. I've underestimated the length of it so, yeah. It's going to be pretty short, like 4 or 5 chapters maybe? Anyway, here's Part 1. Enjoy!

 

 

 

“Let’s go JYP! Let’s go! Let’s go JYP! Let’s go!”

“That’s right! Keep that up!”

“Perfect! We’ll have one more run and then we’ll call it a day.”

 

            Loud music and shouts fill the air as the cheerleading team is practicing their routine by the football field. A guy is sitting by the bleachers alone, watching the team perform. He glances at one specific girl from time to time, admiring her beauty from afar. Suddenly, somebody sits down beside him.

 

“Hey, Kyujin. What’s up?”

“Hi, Chaeyoung. I’m fine. How about you?”

“Same. What are you doing here sitting alone?”

“I just wanted to relax after the lessons earlier.”

“Really? Or are you just watching Goddess Chou?”

“N-No! W-Why w-would y-you s-say t-that?”

“I’m just kidding! Let’s go get some ice cream? My treat.”

“O-Okay.”

 

            Chaeyoung dragged Kyujin away from the football field and headed outside. They went to the ice cream shop near the park.

 

“What flavor do you like?” Chaeyoung asked.

“I’ll have the same as you.”

“We’ll have two strawberry ice creams.” Chaeyoung ordered.

 

            She went back to the table where Kyujin is sitting while reading a book. Chaeyoung grabbed the book and slammed it on the table.

 

“I was reading that, you know.”

“Yah, we’re supposed to have our ice cream date and you’re still studying?” She asked, faking her anger.

“D-Date? W-What d-do y-you m-mean?” Kyujin asked shyly.

“A date between friends while eating ice cream? Are you thinking about something else?” Chaeyoung smirked.

“Ahh… No, no, I’m not.”

“Okay then. Let’s eat!”

 

            While eating the ice cream, Chaeyoung started a conversation.

 

“Hey Kyujin. Can I visit your place this weekend? It’s kind of boring at home.”

“I don’t think so. The place is really messy. You don’t really want to visit there.”

“I can help you clean up your house! I’m a very good cleaner!”

“No, it’s okay… I can do it myself.”

“But I haven’t seen your house since we’ve been friends! Are you hiding something from me?”

“N-No… I’m n-not…” Kyujin said nervously.

“Then why won’t you let me visit you?”

“It’s complicated…”

“Fine. But as your friend, I’m always here for you. Remember that.”

“I know. Shall we get going? I’ll walk you home.”

 

            They headed home after eating ice cream. While walking, Kyujin remembered how he and Chaeyoung became friends.

 

Flashback:

 

            First day of school and Kyujin is already lost in JYP University. Despite being smart, he couldn’t understand the map that was given during the freshmen orientation. Now, there’s only a few minutes left before his class starts and he has no idea where he is.

 

“I’m so going to be late.” He muttered to himself.

 

            But then, a girl’s voice from behind startled him.

 

“Hi! You seem to be lost. Do you need any help?”

“Ahh, yes… Can you tell me which way to the Engineering Department?”

“Ohh, an engineering major! Okay, first you head over to that building and then you turn right. Walk straight across the garden and you’ll arrive there.”

“Thank you so much.” Kyujin bowed.

“No problem. Oh! I’m almost late! I’ve got to go! Bye!”

 

            Kyujin stared as the girl took off. He realized that he didn’t know her name. He followed the said girl’s instructions and surely, he arrived at his destination with a few minutes to spare.

 

 

 

            After a few hours, it’s time for the lunch break. He headed to the cafeteria and bought food, only to realize that the cafeteria is packed full with students. He then spotted a table at the far end and he headed there immediately. While he was eating, he was surprised when someone else sat in front of him.

 

“Hi. May I sit here?”

 

            He looked up and saw the girl who helped him earlier.

 

“Oh! It’s you! You’re the guy earlier!”

“Yeah… Thanks for helping me.”

“It’s nothing. By the way, I haven’t gotten your name. I’m Son Chaeyoung, Art Major.”

“Park Kyujin. Engineering Major. But you already knew that.”

“Yeah, I do. So, friends?”Chaeyoung held out her hand, giving him a dimpled smile.

“Friends.”Kyujin took her hand and shook it.

 

            From that day on, they’ve became friends until the present day.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

            He was snapped back to reality when Chaeyoung suddenly stopped walking.

 

“Hmm? What’s wrong?”

“We’ve arrived at my house, you dummy.”

“Ahh, I see. I’m sorry…”

“Don’t worry. I’m used to you spacing out at times.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

 

            The front door of Chaeyoung’s house opened, revealing her mother.

 

“Chaeng! You’re home! You even brought Kyujin with you too. Come in!”

“Thanks for the offer Mrs. Son, but I just accompanied Chaeyoung home to make sure she’s safe.”

“What a gentleman you are! Chaeng is very lucky to have a friend like you.”

“Mom! Stop embarrassing me!” Chaeyoung said with reddening cheeks.

“I’m also lucky to be her friend.”

“You should go now. You’ll never get home if you wait for my mom to stop talking. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye!” Chaeyoung tiptoed and gave Kyujin a kiss on the cheek before she ran inside.

 

            Kyujin froze for a moment, processing what Chaeyoung just did.

 

“I’ll h-head h-home n-now, Mrs. Son.”

“Take care!” Mrs. Son said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            Kyujin headed home and prepared dinner. He’s still thinking about Chaeyoung’s kiss earlier. They were friends for quite a while but she never did that before. While he’s cooking, there was a knock on the door so he went to open it.

 

“Welcome home, Tzuyu-ah.” He greeted.

“Hey. What’s for dinner?”

“I’m still cooking. You should get changed first. I’ll call you when I’m done.”

 

            Tzuyu headed to her room while Kyujin went back to the kitchen to finish cooking. After a few minutes, he was done so he called Tzuyu.

 

“Tzuyu-ah! Dinner’s ready!”

 

            She went out of her room and sat down on the table. Kyujin served the dinner for her.

 

“I cooked eels for you! They’re your favorite, right?”

“They are. Thanks.”

 

            They started eating and Kyujin tried to talk to Tzuyu.

 

“So, how’s your day?”

“It’s fine. It’s really tiring to practice cheerleading routines.”

“I’m sure you’ll do great. You always do anyway.”

“I know.”

 

            Neither of them spoke after that. When they’re done eating, Kyujin collected the used plates.

 

“I’ll wash the dishes. You can watch TV if you want.”

 

            Tzuyu replied with a curt nod and headed to the living room. After Kyujin is done washing the dishes, he followed Tzuyu to the living room. He sat down beside her as she is watching TV. Tzuyu leaned her head on his shoulder.

 

“Tired?”

 

            She just replied with a hum.

 

“You can rest then. I’ll be quiet.”

 

            Kyujin turned the TV off with the remote control. Tzuyu closed her eyes and cuddled up to him. He studied her facial features as he began to reminisce about the past.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

            7 year-old Kyujin is playing by himself in their backyard when he saw people moving in the house next to theirs. Then, he saw a little doe-eyed girl staring at him from the other fence. He went over to introduce himself.

 

“Hi… I’m Kyujin. What’s your name?”

“T-Tzuyu…”

“Hello, Tzuyu. Do you want to play with me?”

“S-Sure…”

 

            That’s how their friendship began.

 

 

 

            A few years later, they both graduated middle school. Both their families became really close as neighbors so they had a joint celebration at the Park family’s house.

 

“Congratulations to Tzuyu and Kyujin for graduating from middle school!” Mr. Park proposed a toast.

“We wish the best of luck to them in the future!”Mr. Chou added.

 

            While their parents are busy celebrating, they went to the kitchen secretly.

 

“Why did you bring me here?” Tzuyu asked.

“I want to ask you something.”

“Okay.”

“Umm… Well…”

“What is it?”

“W-Will y-you b-be m-my g-girlfriend?”

“Yes, I will!” Tzuyu answered, hugging Kyujin excitedly.

 

            They both closed their eyes and leaned in to kiss for the first time. They were at it for a few seconds before they were interrupted by a cough.

 

“Your fathers are looking for you two. We were worried that you two were lost but it seems like there’s nothing to worry about.” Mrs. Chou said with a teasing smile.

 

            Both their faces are red from embarrassment, but that’s how their relationship began.

 

 

 

            They graduated high school and both of them passed the admission exam at JYP University. Their parents even insisted that they live together closer to school.

 

 “You two need to get used to living together. Think of it as an early practice before you get married.” Mr. Chou joked.

“Papa! Stop that!” Tzuyu said.

“I agree. We can’t wait to have grandchildren.” Mr. Park added.

“Not you too Dad…” Kyujin whined.

“Kyujin-ah, take care of our Tzuyu, okay?” Mrs. Chou asked.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Chou. I’ll take care of her, I promise.”

 

            However, the night before the first day of class, Tzuyu spoke to Kyujin.

 

“Hey, Kyujin-ah…”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you a favor?”

“Sure thing. What is it?”

“When we enter JYP University, can we pretend that we don’t know each other?”

“Huh? Why?” Kyujin was taken aback by her statement.

“I don’t want to be seen around with a nerd. I want to enjoy my college life.”

“Oh, okay then…”

“Thanks.” Tzuyu kissed him on the cheek.

 

            That was the last time Tzuyu kissed Kyujin, and that’s how they began to drift apart.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

            Kyujin tucked a strand of hair behind Tzuyu’s ear before he kissed her softly on the forehead.

 

“Goodnight, Tzuyu-ah… I love you, even if you don’t love me anymore…” Kyujin whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            Kyujin is walking to the library to meet up with Chaeyoung when he passed by the girls’ shower room. He heard people talking so he stopped for a moment.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, did you notice Jungkook staring at you earlier?”

“No, unnie. I didn’t.” He recognized the owner of the voice. It was Tzuyu.

“Maybe he likes you! You should go for it! You two would make a very cute couple!”

“I agree! He’s much better than Yugyeom anyway. No wonder you dumped him.” Another one joined in.

“I dumped him because he’s too clingy. It’s not my fault that guys keep on coming to me.”

“Everyone falls for Goddess Chou’s charms, huh?”

“Unnie, can we please stop talking about this?”

“Nope. We’re going to talk about it. You aren’t dating anybody right now, are you?”

 

            Kyujin waited for Tzuyu to answer even though he knows he wouldn’t like what it would be.

 

“N-No… I’m n-not.”

“Then you should give him a chance! You’ll never know!”

 

            The girls went out of the shower room and he saw Tzuyu with Nayeon and Sana, both seniors. The eldest noticed him staring so she spoke.

 

“Hey, nerd. You need something?” Nayeon asked.

“Ahh, n-no s-sunbaenim… I w-was j-just o-on m-my w-way t-to t-the l-library.” Kyujin bowed.

“Hmm, that’s good for you. You should study more so you’ll keep getting A’s. Girls, let’s go.”

 

            They walked passed by him and he could feel Tzuyu’s piercing stares but he didn’t dare look back. When he arrived at the library, he sat down with Chaeyoung.

 

“Oh, where were you? I thought we should meet here at 4 p.m.? You’re five minutes late.”

“S-Sorry… I w-was c-caught u-up w-with s-something…”

“Okay, let’s start studying!” Chaeyoung said a little too loudly.

“Shh!” The librarian hushed her.

“Sorry!” She said timidly.

 

            After an hour of studying, Kyujin still couldn’t focus at all. Chaeyoung noticed his gloominess so she asked him.

 

“Hey, are you alright? You seem to be feeling down the moment you stepped inside the library. I thought you love books very much?” Chaeyoung tried to joke, but Kyujin just smiled weakly at her.

“I’m fine. Just a bit stressed, that’s all.”

“That’s why I told you to loosen up! Too much studying would be bad for you! You know what? Let’s get out of here.”

“But Chae—“

“No buts.” Chaeyoung tried to look angry but she ended up looking cute.

 

            Kyujin couldn’t hold in his laughter so he chuckled slightly.

 

“What are you laughing at?”

“You’re too cute.”

“Shut up. Let’s go.” Chaeyoung slapped him on his shoulder but her cheeks are flushed in pink.

 

            They headed out of the library and were walking by the football field when Kyujin saw Tzuyu practicing with the cheerleading team.

 

“Is it Goddess Chou again?”

“No. For the last time, I’m not staring at her.” Kyujin said sternly.

“Okay, chill. I was just kidding. Don’t be mad.”

 

            He let out a huge sigh before he spoke.

 

“Chae, what do you do when the person you’re in a relationship with doesn’t love you anymore?”

“Simple. You let them go.”

“Why?”

“What’s the point of keeping a relationship when you clearly aren’t happy? If that isn’t stupidity, I don’t know what that is.”

“But what if you can’t let them go?”

“Then you’re just hurting yourself. Move on. Be happy, even if you two aren’t together. That’s it.”

 

            Kyujin thought about it for a moment before he gave Chaeyoung a small smile.

 

“Thanks Chae. You’re the best.”

“You bet I am. Now let’s go get some snacks. All that studying made me hungry.”

 

            They went out of the school and bought snacks before heading to the park. They were sitting by the swings when Chaeyoung spoke up first.

 

“Hey, about the question earlier. Why did you ask me that?”

“Hmm? Nothing…”

“Are you perhaps, in a relationship?”

“N-No… I’m not…”

 

            At that exact moment, Kyujin saw Tzuyu walking alone as she passed by the park.

 

“Chae, is it alright if I don’t walk you home today?”

“Umm… Sure. I don’t mind. But, you have to make it up to me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter