Chapter 4

(I've Got A) Jet Black Heart

[A/N]

Hai gaiiseee ;A; sorry if I took so long to update. School year's already started, and I needed to focus tho ))': but I'm now having a free time, so I grabbed this chance to update with y'all. XDDDDD Again, please bear with my writing ;A;

 

=========================

 

Chapter 4:

 

"Just forget that . She's already in jail, and she deserves it for what she did to you."

"Alright. Thank you so much guys for this."

"Anything for you, hyung. I forgot to tell you that your parents would be here in a few minutes." Brian assured him with a slight wink.

"Thanks Bri. Thanks guys. By the way, where's Dowoonie?"

"He's outside. Seemed that he's a bit mad at us."

"Tell him to come here cos he has a surprise."

"Alright, hyung. I will." Wonpil would be the one to handle the maknae.

 

Wonpil went out of the room and saw a sleeping Dowoon on the hospital bench, and went to him.

 

"Hey." He poked the youngest's neck.

"Hyuuungggg. I'm sleeping."

"We have a surprise for you."

"The is that?"

"Follow me."

 

Dowoon was hesitant at first because he was a bit mad at Jae and Brian, but because he's Wonpil's best buddy, he had no choice. As they were about to enter the room, Jae and Brian suddenly hugged the maknae, and apologised.

 

"Dear, we're sorry for what we had said before." Jae apologised first.

"It's just only a joke, but if you think we had been offended you, we're really sorry." Brian was the next.

"Aigoo...I'm actually not mad at you hyungdeul. My mood suddenly changed for no reason. I'm sorry."

"No biggies. At least we're okay now. By the way, Sungjin hyung's calling you here." Brian's smile went wider.

"OMO REALLY? IS HE ALREADY AWAKE?" Dowoon suddenly jumped out of shock.

"Go on right here. He's waiting for you." Jae replied with a smile.

 

The trinity accompanied Dowoon inside the room, and he saw Sungjin with eyes wide open with a greeting.

 

"Hai Dowoon~~~"

"HYUUUUUUUUUUNG!" Dowoon went to his leader-hyung quickly and gave him a very warm hug.

"Dowoon-ah. I can't breathe."

"I'm sorry. I'm just really happy that you're now alright."

"Thank you, Dowoon. Thank you guys for everything you've done to me." Sungjin almost teared up.

"Like what I've said before, anything for you, hyung." Brian reassured him.

"Can we guys give each other a group hu--" Jae's words were cut when the nurse suddenly knocked on the door.

"Excuse me, is this the room for the patient named Park Sungjin?"

"Yes, I'm Park Sungjin."

"Mister, your parents would be here in a few moments."

"Okay, I got it. Thank you." He smiled.

 

Sungjin couldnt contain his happiness, as well as his bandmates because the people behind him and his achievements were coming there to the lowest point of his life.

 

"Sungjin-ah!" His mum cried while going to him and gave him a hug.

"What happened to you, my dear? Are you okay now?"

"Eomma, you dont have to worry. I'm alright now, and still recovering."

"We're just really worried, son. Your case was being featured last night in the SBS News, but thank goodness you're alive." His father sounded like he was telling an anecdote.

"WHO THE DID THAT TO YOU, SON?" Her mother suddenly outraged in anger.

"Eomma, I dont know, but if you have any plans on going to the jail to confront her, please stop." He warned her mum.

"But hyung, she mercilessly shot you right there on your chest, then you didnt let your mother confront that woman. Hyung, are you crazy?" Brian sounded and acted like his sibling.

"That guys, right," she referred to Brian, "why, Sungjin? Why dont you let me teach that woman a lesson?" His mum raised her eyebrow.

"Because it's a waste of time. She won't listen to your rants anyway. You dont even know how notorious she is."

"We dont care. We want to teach her some lesson that she wont ever forget." His father supported his wife's plan.

 

======

 

The next day, as the lunch break streaks, Ash walkes to the canteen like a zombie, and her body's full of bruises made by her fellow inmates' hands who were also all girls like her. She almost got beaten to death last night because of one thing - space for sleeping. Her fellow inmates didnt want her to share some space for her to sleep knowing the fact that she's one of the most wanted criminals, and they didnt want someone like her who's a big time one. She had also earned a black eye on the right one.

 

As she passed by the canteen counter, she ordered a piece of fried chicken as her lunch, and sat in a table with two seats. She then overheard some people around her about her bad records, which made her feel indifferent towards them.

 

She was on her way to finish her food when suddenly the police desk officer of the Seoul Police who was assigned to the jail went to her to receive such news.

 

"Howdy, Ms. Kim."

"The are you doing here?" Ash raised her eyebrow.

"There's a visitor who wants to see you, and he 'd be here in a minute."

"Whatever."

 

As the police desk officer left her, she continued eating until her plate went empty when suddenly someone familiar appeared in front of her on the table.

 

"What the actual are you doing here, you ? Are you happy now that I'm here?" She referred to none other than the one who almost beated her to death in the bar during the encounter: Brian Kang.

"You know what, it's not that I'm happy, but it's just that you deserve it. You've killed so many innocent lives. You've almost killed Sungjin hyung, and yet you just dont care about them."

"Exactly. Why would I care," she made a a bit of twist sarcastically, "why would I care about your opinion when I dont need that?"

"Well, I dont care about your opinion either because youre wrong in the first place."

"Whatever."

 

Their conversation went longer with sarcastic sound and confrontation. Ash continued looking on her empty plate, while Brian called Sungjin's parents for their turn to confront her when suddenly things went upside down.